How can any coach justify picking Uate AGAIN

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lillchip

Reserve Grader
Gold Coast game 2 weeks ago - total brain explosion spill from a kick return - they score - they win.

Tigers game last Sunday - no less than 3 absolute howler spills - we get hammered.

Even worse it got to the point last Sunday where he was literally running away from bombs.

There is not one other club in the NRL who would persevere with such a diabolical liability.

It's not a matter of 'anyone can have a bad day' - or 'give him a go'.

It's a matter of simply not being a first grade footballer - for god sakes Newcastle - the absolute worst team in the comp in 2016 - knew that and did something about it.

Yet Barrett picks him yet again this week.

Joke of all sad jokes.

one guess where all the kicks will be going this week. This MUST be Uates last chance surely.
We would be better off getting the Wolfman back from his personal training business.

and Hayne is back - he has a gun record against Manly.

Gold Coast game 2 weeks ago - total brain explosion spill from a kick return - they score - they win.

Tigers game last Sunday - no less than 3 absolute howler spills - we get hammered.

Even worse it got to the point last Sunday where he was literally running away from bombs.

There is not one other club in the NRL who would persevere with such a diabolical liability.

It's a matter of simply not being a first grade footballer - for god sakes Newcastle - the absolute worst team in the comp in 2016 - knew that and did something about it.

Joke of all sad jokes.
Yes, one had hoped he had already deselected himself.

Joke of all sad jokes.

And not that he was at all at fault obviously, but the ball went flying from his grasp during a hit up against Canberra and on the counter straight from that error, Curtis did his ACL trying to chasing down those Canberra players. Not forgetting the dropped bomb which gave Newcastle the chance for a golden point win in Rd 1.

The guy unfortunately has really lost all confidence.

Surely Matt Wright to the wing is the smart play?
He is not going to win you a game, but he sure as hell won't lose one for you!
Positionally sound and can take the high ball.
It really is a no brainer.
Let's hope Barrett is just putting out his standard 21 list and will change it come game day.

Most coaches are dropping players where deserved. Lamb, croft, nofaluma, hororei. French. The list goes on. What peeves me off is its one position we have ample back up to replace. I.e the e 3 Wrights and cant remember if Anderson os allowed. . Even suli. Freaken anyone will do. Id take Brown as well.

Joke of all sad jokes.
And cut to Uate text to Trent: "cool I'm up for a big one on the weekend....catch up soon at the BBQ at your place, your best mate: Akila"

I would have adropsie Ulaste starting as a front rower in place of AFB.

Maybe, being knocked into oblivion by 120 keg forwards will help him understand that as a winger you need to catch the ball and hold the ball.

Otherwise perhaps he can pick a pillow fight with Cherry and go join Hastings in reggies.

• 😆
Reactions: R3
Twenty hooked Perrett 3 minutes into the second half for pushing a pass and turning over possession.

Uate has coughed up possession at least 10 times in recent games.

Did he inherit the goat photos or something ?

Joke of all sad jokes.

We have only 23 players to choose from and there are 21 named for this weekend. That is the problem.

If I understand correctly, we cannot dip into any reserve grade stocks outside of that 23 or we run the risk of a penalty which we almost certainly cannot afford.

It could be brilliant. Uate played his best for us when it was clear he was on his last chance. Hopefully, after his recent run of performances, he understands that he is in this position once again. Don't get me wrong though, I think he should be dropped - especially if he fails this weekend.

I am more concerned about choosing Wright on the bench? What is that?

I've lost all confidence with our coach. He simply lacks the ability to accept defeat and fails to rectify his mistakes. This will be his last season, that I am confident of and the spoon is possibly on the cards.
Given that he has a contract til the end of 2020 and the club has financial issues,I suspect he’s going nowhere for at least the end of 2019

I would give Tom Wright a go on Uate's wing. T Wright is not a natural half (and shouldn't be judged by his performances as a half) but he will be a better outside back from his time spent in the halves. Given time, he will cause some carnage for oppositions so why not blood him now.

This has to be Uates last chance, his confidence is shot and he will be tested again and I do hope he has been practicing his bomb catching and cutting out the errors that have killed us of late! This is a gamble from Barrett, time to deliver Uate!!

The good thing about him, is that he doesn't go into his shell and keeps coming post error. Best example being post the bad one v the Titans, it was his hard run and quick play the ball that set up the opportunity for Api to set up the try from dummy half. Has made a few howlers so far this season though that need tidying up

Of more concern to me is the amount of basic simple errors that Tom T makes that get glossed over because he is a big name and not as easy a target, he also dropped a ball on a carry close to our line on the weekend that led to a try, and he was part of the soft tackle that let the try be scored to back it up too

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8