Hooker for 2021

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I see where you are coming from but I wouldn't want Jetski playing in the halves or at 9, whereas Schuster could handle both (so I guess he has an advantage there). I also think the time has come for poor Jetski to have a breakout year in his preferred position, injury free (fingers crossed). He is gonna get first crack down that right edge.

But yes, I think you have a valid point and it will come down to Dessie and what he thinks is best. It is certainly an interesting aspect of the team selection for 2021.
I’ve got a headache reading all these options.
Firstly if Shoe isn’t in the 17, I know where you live Des!
Secondly, I am going to take a huge leap of faith and jump on @The better Robbo s Croker wagon in the 9. Surely he has to come good.

I see where you are coming from but I wouldn't want Jetski playing in the halves or at 9, whereas Schuster could handle both (so I guess he has an advantage there). I also think the time has come for poor Jetski to have a breakout year in his preferred position, injury free (fingers crossed). He is gonna get first crack down that right edge.

But yes, I think you have a valid point and it will come down to Dessie and what he thinks is best. It is certainly an interesting aspect of the team selection for 2021.

Are you saying Siro has lost his spot?

It's going to be funny to see the reaction on here after teams are selected next week
To be honest, I think everybody knows who is going to be selected now. The main question is will Schu be in the 17? If he isn't, that's when people will go crazy. However, I can't see him missing out - that would be diabolical.

Then it is a matter of the last bench spot. We all expect one of Aloiai, Paseka or Taupau there (depending on rotation), Davey will get a spot, Schu (as above) and then??? Probably Keppie, a smoky could be S. Fainu as @will on the hill offered previously.

If it deviates from this and players like Suli, Siro, Parker or Garrick miss out, then I don't see people being upset, just surprised.

To be honest, I think everybody knows who is going to be selected now. The main question is will Schu be in the 17? If he isn't, that's when people will go crazy. However, I can't see him missing out - that would be diabolical.

Then it is a matter of the last bench spot. We all expect one of Aloiai, Paseka or Taupau there (depending on rotation), Davey will get a spot, Schu (as above) and then??? Probably Keppie, a smoky could be S. Fainu as @will on the hill offered previously.

If it deviates from this and players like Suli, Siro, Parker or Garrick miss out, then I don't see people being upset, just surprised.
The selections will be different, as will be some key positions.
We can all come back to THIS page next week and have a laugh.

Last edited:
The selections will be different, as will be some key positions.
How is your quest for health and fitness going Maxta ?
Just a reminder that Your 3 month H/F challenge ends 22 of April
I hope that you will be telling us of your success story

Good luck feathered friend

How is your quest for health and fitness going Maxta ?
Just a reminder that Your 3 month H/F challenge ends 22 of April
I hope that you will be telling us of your success story

Good luck feathered friend
Thx Bozo my good man - I'll be very honest...my diet is improved and training reasonable, probably lost 5kg of podge and running better...fitness a 5/10 and strenth 7/10 and speed ok for age and injury background - aiming to improve in all area's....as with alcohol consumption Every weekend, makes it a bit of a tail chase and with footy season looming....I can break this trend but tbh, most likely keep up the current pattern with a tad more discipline.....appreciate you checking in though mate and that's where I am today....hope your still ripping in and by your positive energy, I am confident you feed the endorphines on a regular basis with training and dedication...@;)

Thx Bozo my good man - I'll be very honest...my diet is improved and training reasonable, probably lost 5kg of podge and running better...fitness a 5/10 and strenth 7/10 and speed ok for age and injury background - aiming to improve in all area's....as with alcohol consumption Every weekend, makes it a bit of a tail chase and with footy season looming....I can break this trend but tbh, most likely keep up the current pattern with a tad more discipline.....appreciate you checking in though mate and that's where I am today....hope your still ripping in and by your positive energy, I am confident you feed the endorphines on a regular basis with training and dedication...@;)
Great to see you making progress .There will always be setbacks but do not let them discourage you but only inspire you to keep trying harder .

As they say ........
Our greatness is not in falling. Our Greatness is rising like great Eagles every time we fall !

Keep rising feathered friend . I am very proud of you

Quite right in terms of a starting side being settled.
Foran and DCE in halves with Croker at 9. Backline is settled with the exception of Harper...Saab, Suli, Parker and Garrick. Forwards will be Marty, Jake, Jestski and Siro with Paseka and Aloiai fighting for the other starting spot.

Bench is still a fight between Davey, Boyle, Keppie, Sipley, Schuster and Cust.

Quite right in terms of a starting side being settled.
Foran and DCE in halves with Croker at 9. Backline is settled with the exception of Harper...Saab, Suli, Parker and Garrick. Forwards will be Marty, Jake, Jestski and Siro with Paseka and Aloiai fighting for the other starting spot.

Bench is still a fight between Davey, Boyle, Keppie, Sipley, Schuster and Cust.
Is Walker stood down?

Walker and Suli are locks in the centres..
Which makes the Parker selection very interesting. He is obviously a favourite of Des's and he is our best defender in the backline...
Will Des put him on the wing or is he just not fast enough to cover out there?
Time will tell I guess...

Which makes the Parker selection very interesting. He is obviously a favourite of Des's and he is our best defender in the backline...
Will Des put him on the wing or is he just not fast enough to cover out there?
Time will tell I guess...
IF Parker was selected would surely be as centre...does anyone seriously have him over Suli or Walker ??

Last edited:
IF Parker was selected would surely be as centre..
I would expect so. Des will be selecting a team he thinks can beat the Roosters. If it is Parker & Garrick on the left, they will be marking Manu & Borris. On the right it will be whichever centre & Saab marking Jorris & Tupou. The Roosters have the potential to dominate all over the park if our defence is lacking. Obviously, defence plus a judicious kicking game will be essential for the Sea Eagles to prevail.

I would expect so. Des will be selecting a team he thinks can beat the Roosters. If it is Parker & Garrick on the left, they will be marking Manu & Borris. On the right it will be whichever centre & Saab marking Jorris & Tupou. The Roosters have the potential to dominate all over the park if our defence is lacking. Obviously, defence plus a judicious kicking game will be essential for the Sea Eagles to prevail.

A very tall order against one of the top sides , I’ll be happy as long as we aren’t flogged.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6