Hooker for 2021

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
9 is critical in the modern game and our first mistake was to let API go and the after the Fainu mess we still havent recovered. Poor decision to keep trying to plug the position with blue tack until and if Fainu comes back.

9 is critical in the modern game and our first mistake was to let API go and the after the Fainu mess we still havent recovered. Poor decision to keep trying to plug the position with blue tack until and if Fainu comes back.
Here is another way of looking at this
9 is critical in the modern game and the salary cap is critical in the modern game as well .
It is also critical to hold on to the best up and coming players and Fainu was just as dominant as API but on less money .

The fact is Nothing is for certain from the vulnerable nature of the human being
Who was to know what Fainu would get him self into ? No one . Not even his own Mother.
Who is to say that Api might get drunk this year and make a sex tape with his Panther mates and get caught with his pants down ?

Trust in Des that he will have more than blue tack options for our number 9
Stop Catastrofizing and feel helpless and anxious as most things we worry about never happen .

Have a positive day feathered friend

Isn't Croker the fittest at Manly? We're gonna need a fit 9, someone that can tackle, lead a kick chase, actually kick themselves, someone who plays with heart and passion.... hang on doesn't Croker tick all these boxes? Playing at 9 his role is simple, he doesn't need to control a game like Smith, he isn't at 5/8 where his game can be exposed. I'm confident he will do well when/if used

Isn't Croker the fittest at Manly? We're gonna need a fit 9, someone that can tackle, lead a kick chase, actually kick themselves, someone who plays with heart and passion.... hang on doesn't Croker tick all these boxes? Playing at 9 his role is simple, he doesn't need to control a game like Smith, he isn't at 5/8 where his game can be exposed. I'm confident he will do well when/if used
Except hooker touches the ball more than any other player, and if he can’t combine with our 1,6 and 7 then it doesn’t matter what other attributes he has. I’d prefer Cust and hope Croker isn’t even in the 17.

Except hooker touches the ball more than any other player, and if he can’t combine with our 1,6 and 7 then it doesn’t matter what other attributes he has. I’d prefer Cust and hope Croker isn’t even in the 17.
From memory Croker and Turbo had a good combo the few times they played together. We are yet to see Croker combine with Foran and Schuster so im willing to give him a chance with a quality half, 5/8 and fullback to work with.

think that it is only reasonable for Croker to be given plenty of encouragement as things now are but still a bit of a wing and a prayer expectation that Cust and Croker will be able to get the job done for a good part of the season . And of course , unless the club has a bit more insight then most of we posters , obviously no certainty that Fainu will be available latter to help matters . Going to have to be a pretty steep learning curve for Cade , think that he is up for it even though he has had probably very little experience as a 9 and hopeful confidence that Croker will measure up sufficiently . Realize that there was early talk about Foz possibly having a role at 9 but really just can not see it , not for any extended time anyway . The club has not opted for a recognized outside 9 and guess that there will just have to be some faith in the club 's processes .

Croker has always looked good on paper. Yes he ticks a lot of boxes. However, he doesn't seem to have the vision to read a game at this level, he doesn't pass well from dummy half, and most importantly his game management skills seem to fall apart when the pressure is on (regardless of what number is on his back). Under pressure he seems to panic, whilst simultaneously second guessing his options, and then consistently choosing the wrong one.....
Playing him at nine is a massive risk for us. Not playing him at all is the only way to mitigate that risk. If Fainu was available he simply doesn't make the 17.

Except hooker touches the ball more than any other player, and if he can’t combine with our 1,6 and 7 then it doesn’t matter
I'm hoping a full pre season will help out hookers. But to be honest, you've touched on my biggest concern for 2021. It's 1 Foran starting late. Combined by 2 the number of playmakers I'm expecting DES to have on the field at once. It will be lethal if they are all in synch. But if they don't get enough time all playing together, it's gunna be bloody clunky at the start of the year.

Ok just watched a interview on Fox sports news Brandon Smith wants to be a 9 even if that means going to another club
I read the articles in the SMH and Telegraph about the Cheese wanting to be a fulltime Hooker, anywhere if he can’t at the drizzle, and thought , “Jeez I hope scam smith plays on and maybe, just maybe, the Cheese would like to live on the Peninsula“ Money might be an issue though but everything is solvable.

While we may well have seen the worst of Croker over the last couple of years, personally, I can definitely see some potential in him. IMO, with a little confidence under his belt, I can see him being a solid starter or backup at 9 for us this season.

Coming back from a couple of years of injuries and being thrust into higher grades must have been a huge learning curve for him, not only as a player, but as a individual.

If he can start this year well in defence, which is definitely one of his strong points, and can gain a little confidence in attack, we may well have the makings of a very capable 14 for a few years to come.

For mine, I am willing to give him a go to see if he has the fortitude to make it in the top grade.

Yeah but to be fair, when we let Api go it was in good faith that we'd have Fainu in the #9. Who knew then that he'd get involved in a stabbing and would actually be the one accused of it? Not to mention that his shoulder got infected after surgery which pretty much ruled him out for the year anyway regardless of the stand down.

Still, going in with only 1 recognised hooker is never a good thing. Didn't we all blast Zoolander for doing that in 2018 when we only had Api and they had to beg and plead with Greenturd to be allowed to play Fainu after Api did his foot in the game in Christchurch? We had to play the next game with Matthew Wright at hooker because Greenturd initially ruled that others could play dummy half so we didn't need fainu. At least last year we got lucky of sorts signing Levi. As poor as he proved to be it got us out of a jam.

TNI, some of you love him , some of you think he’ll surprise.

I just know he’s ****e!!

We are ****ing screwed until Nase returns .
Seems to be a division between those of us who are full of sunshine and hope for the future and those of us who have actually seen him play first-grade rugby league…

But that's fandom is general, I guess. I am not an optimist by nature, but I admire and appreciate all of you who are. And I hope you're proven right.

Seems to be a division between those of us who are full of sunshine and hope for the future and those of us who have actually seen him play first-grade rugby league…
I think I'm with the sunshine group but at least I wear a hat and use SPF50+ @:D

And for the record, I've seen Croker player and yes I groaned out load more than once! Another leg injury would finish him but if he stays fit, then who knows? I'm rooting for him, and let's face it, we need him to succeed.

I read the articles in the SMH and Telegraph about the Cheese wanting to be a fulltime Hooker, anywhere if he can’t at the drizzle, and thought , “Jeez I hope scam smith plays on and maybe, just maybe, the Cheese would like to live on the Peninsula“ Money might be an issue though but everything is solvable.
I will say it now - the Cheese is a perfect fit with Des. He is a scallywag - tough as teak - huge heart - talented and someone who just wants to win no matter what the cost. He would absolutely thrive under Des. Not a doubt at all. Not as talented as Fainu but........... there will always be a but with Fainu. At the moment the but is... will he get off the charges - if not he is doing time. If he gets off the charges the but is... will he get smarter - get rid of the bad influences around him and realise his talent. He surely seems a goose off the field with his social media postings and it seems his "gang" affiliation. But yes the Cheese in a Manly 9 jersey - one tough SOB - I love that thought. No ifs or buts with the Cheese - 100% every minute of every game - every week. I would absolutely have that in our team. A guaranteed 80 minute player against an if and a but.... albeit a more talented if and but. Anyway it wont happen but gee he would look good as an Eagle.

But that's fandom is general, I guess. I am not an optimist by nature, but I admire and appreciate all of you who are. And I hope you're proven right.

All good to you if you are a Croker fanboy , I’m not , I don’t think he’s first grade material and I’ll be surprised if they can make him into one !

This is not a personal attack I’m sure he’s a great bloke but he’s just not up there to be a regular first grader.

BUT some think differently.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4