Hooker for 2021

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There's no denying Croker was a junior star. He hasn't quite brought that brilliance to 1st grade in his time in the halves, but there is some hope that he can improve.
My friend... how many years does this boob need to "improve" he wont and cannot. Best thing for him is to play back up hooker for a total of 25 mins all game. Short and sweet stints were the best iv seen from this mediocre guy. We should of kept levi at least he was a hooker and could play decent minutes. Not sure whats happening at manly HQ but im hoping we snag an actual hooker before season start. Nathan peats could be an option. We moved too slow and parra bought up 2 back up hookers while we extended the jail bird

There's no denying Croker was a junior star. He hasn't quite brought that brilliance to 1st grade in his time in the halves, but there is some hope that he can improve.
There is always hope
And we should never give up trying in our life time
Because hope dies last

My friend... how many years does this boob need to "improve" he wont and cannot. Best thing for him is to play back up hooker for a total of 25 mins all game. Short and sweet stints were the best iv seen from this mediocre guy. We should of kept levi at least he was a hooker and could play decent minutes. Not sure whats happening at manly HQ but im hoping we snag an actual hooker before season start. Nathan peats could be an option. We moved too slow and parra bought up 2 back up hookers while we extended the jail bird
I would not like to see him in the halves, I agree back up hooker is about where he is at.

I remember just last year that people were saying the same about Brendon Elliot as they are with Crocker: “he’s a good player”, “ Des rates him and he knows what he is doing”, “he’s much better than people give him credit for”. The bleeding obvious (to most) came to pass - Manly had no interest renewing his contract - and it’s no surprise nobody has picked him up. No longer in the NRL. I feel for him, but he simply wasn’t first grade quality.

Crocker is the same. We can be as positive as we want to, but by the end of the year, the bleeding obvious will come to pass yet again. Nothing against him, he just isn’t first grade quality.

I won't be suprised to see either Cust or Croker start there and every chance Foran will spend some time there also....there are a few options still open in the spine that Des is still not 100% set on, that could well be decided over the next month of training and the trial vs Tigers...don't be suprised to see Foran off the bench also.

Last edited:
Actually that may be not such a bad option [ but certainly will not be universal on here ] for Croker to start and for Cust to come on when there should be a bit more open running on offer in the ruck area . In some ways, may not be much of an upgrade on Levi but no doubt that Croker can be a very busy player , doesn 't shirk the hard grind in defence , should be able to provide some decent service with passing and is a fairly alert support player . and another capable kicking option . Still some way to go and with one trial to maybe also have some bearing , fairly predictable that Foz would start at 6 , Schuster will get his opportunity and again has the capacity to play in the back row or at 6 or even centre if there was a requirement during any set match .

Barring injury, Crocker will be our starting 9 in rd.1. He is currently in front of Cust and training there as first choice.

Foran at 6 and Schuster coming off bench as utility.
Any altered defensive structures still being given some attention ?

Barring injury, Crocker will be our starting 9 in rd.1. He is currently in front of Cust and training there as first choice.

Foran at 6 and Schuster coming off bench as utility.

Good input , we can put the “ Cust as 9” theory to bed.

I hope their first choice of 9 has a better year than he did in 2020 , don’t know about you but that’s my biggest concern.

I think Cust will have a cracker year,
He will get Dally M hooker of the year. First try scorer in Manlys 26 - 6 beating of Canberra in the GF
Make the Prime Ministers side
Get offered a large we contact to return to Newcastle which he will take up.
could be true, except for the last point. He was brought to Manly when he was 15, boarding with the Verrills in Avalon. He would have a taste of the Beaches lifestyle now, and Maitland may not look so attractive.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6