Hodkinson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hodko is a decent player and a goal kicker.

Problem is his knees and therefore he has lost his pace.

Attacking the line will be ok. Especially if he brings a good short kicking game.

But don't expect him to chase anyone down.

The other issue is the obvious one, will he make it through the year.
He probably won't make it through a full season but with Croker and Hastings as backup he shouldn't have to. I agree that he still has something to offer and makes sense at the right price.

Hodko is a decent player and a goal kicker.

Problem is his knees and therefore he has lost his pace.

Attacking the line will be ok. Especially if he brings a good short kicking game.

But don't expect him to chase anyone down.

The other issue is the obvious one, will he make it through the year.
Green had no pace either and he had two good knees . Greens defence was also poor .

So I guess we are gaining a goal kicker ;)

To greens credit he played most of the season which is the concern with hodko.
It is a concern but sometimes life is a gamble and you have to be in it to win it . Our medical staff has assessed his injuries and I am happy with that

It is a concern but sometimes life is a gamble and you have to be in it to win it . Our medical staff has assessed his injuries and I am happy with that
I watched the last couple of Newcastle games of the year, Hodko actually played well to finish the year, was running to the line and throwing some good balls. His defence was good front on, but got beaten on the outside a few times.

I watched the last couple of Newcastle games of the year, Hodko actually played well to finish the year, was running to the line and throwing some good balls. His defence was good front on, but got beaten on the outside a few times.
Nah, watch them again ... I have had at least 10 people on here say he is in a wheelchair ...

How do you compare his form against Greens last year ?
Personally I thing Hodko is a more affective player maker and better at controlling a game .

Nah, watch them again ... I have had at least 10 people on here say he is in a wheelchair ...
Our medical staff have assessed Hodko and reports are that our club is still interested . Are the 10 people on here that say he is in a wheelchair doctors :mm: ?

One thing for sure , Hodko would not be getting an arm chair ride at Manly . One of our trainers pushing Hodko around the paddock in a wheel chair, well that would be a first or maybe just another knee jerk reaction .

ha, he'll go ok. Will do just as good a job as Green imo steering the side around. His defence on his outside and change of direction in defence will be his biggest weakness, but green was pretty poor in defence as well.

The real plus he was goal kicking again and only missed a couple of shots in the last 6 matches or so. Was kicking at over 80% for the season. I think the injury to his knees is a bit over stated. Manly will have him firing and Trent can bring the best out of him. His experience will be welcomed.

On a serious note an N R L season can be a very demanding and gruellng affair but not many half's options available now . If the Manly medical team are reasonably satisfied with his present state and contract compatible and he is approved by the N R L , well he can hopefully still serve a purpose in acquiring .

I actually think its an upgrade on green, especially with his goal kicking and is a natural 7 who can steer a team around the park, will compliment DCE well.
I Agree Hodko is a more accomplished player than Green even on one leg :p

On a serious note an N R L season can be a very demanding and gruellng affair but not many half's options available now . If the Manly medical team are reasonably satisfied with his present state and contract compatible and he is approved by the N R L , well he can hopefully still serve a purpose in acquiring .
From all reports al , The Manly medical team have assessed Hodko and are satisfied but they are waiting on the medical approval from the Silvertails forum members ;)

I Agree Hodko is a more accomplished player than Green even on one leg :p
I don't know why everyone is saying he is done? He was actually playing really well those last 6 to7 weeks for Newcastle. Running fine and throwing some good balls. Can go on youtube and watch a few newcastle highlights and it shows trent showing no signs of hobbling around.

he is a much, much more complete player than Green.

We just need to get him some studs for these!!
oscar_ristorius_leg_prosthetics.jpg

I watched the last couple of Newcastle games, Hodko actually played well to finish the year, was running to the line and throwing some good balls. His defence was good front on, but got beaten on the outside a few times.
I watched Trent play live three times towards end of last season too and was pleasantly surprised with the quality of his general play. Yes, he's lost a yard of pace, but I thought that his goal-kicking, passing and general play were surprisingly sharp for a player supposedly "finished." The big positive is his cool and calm attitude. Trent H. does not panic and can kick those "important" goals under pressure which no-one in our team can do at present. He's no older than Smith, Cronk and Slater, and if his knees are okay I say "yes" as long as we're not paying top dollar.

Our medical staff have assessed Hodko and reports are that our club is still interested . Are the 10 people on here that say he is in a wheelchair doctors :mm: ?
As a player Hodkinson is better than green in some aspects Bozo for sure . What worries me is that his knees under stress week in week out is the concern . I for the life of me cannot see him getting through a full season . I have no cartilage in my left knee due to cricket over the years and can hardly walk some days ( bone on bone ) Age aside he'll struggle mate . Other options is obviously Hastings and Croker , but also maybe Api to 7 Dce 6 and Fanaui (spelling ) to 9 is another option . Throw in Cust to the mix . All is good .

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8