Hodkinson returns to Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
expensive peanuts - at Newcastle he was on a lot (reported around 700K), Cronulla picked up a decent chunk of that and we will pick up Cronulla's share, add 1 year (probably at a similar amount). Hearing around 400K per year but you really cannot tell these days.

His 2018 contract at NC was 850k.
They paid 425k of it from their 2017 cap.
They paid him another 100k this year.
He signed with Cronulla for 2018 for 150k, which he has been paid half of.
He has been paid 600k so far for 2018.

I'm guessing we will need to pay him 75-150k for the rest of this year and around 500-600k for next year.

https://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2018/05/15/sea-eagles-sign-trent-hodkinson/

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles are pleased to announce the signing of experienced half Trent Hodkinson, effective immediately.

Hodkinson, 29, has signed for the remainder of this season and for 2019.

His move to Narrabeen from Cronulla Sharks marks a return home to the Sea Eagles with Hodkinson making his NRL debut for Manly in 2010, playing 24 games that season.

Since then, Hodkinson has played 160 NRL matches with stints at Canterbury, Newcastle, and Cronulla.

Sea Eagles Coach Trent Barret said Hodkinson brings plenty to the team.

"Trent's experience and game management will be of enormous value to us,'' Barrett said.

"As a person, Trent is also highly respected for the wonderful amount of work he does in the community, so he will bring plenty to the Club on and off the field. This is a great signing for Manly."

He has also represented NSW on six occasions.
Move to Narrabeen? For training?? Or is it the Narrabeen Sea Eagles now? @;)

Good to have Trent back where he started his NRL career.

Anyone know if the Sharks are carrying half his freight for this season? Should be given that seems to be the norm.

The way I understood it was we would take over his Sharks contract and extend it by a year. The knights are still covering approx. 1/3 for this year and next.

His 2018 contract at NC was 850k.
They paid 425k of it from their 2017 cap.
They paid him another 100k this year.
He signed with Cronulla for 2018 for 150k, which he has been paid half of.
He has been paid 600k so far for 2018.

I'm guessing we will need to pay him 75-150k for the rest of this year and around 500-600k for next year.

I think next years number is high but even if it was accurate that's not terrible if where not carrying either Crocker (and after 3 knee reconstructions he's going to need to do a Kosef shortly and play in the front row) or Hastings on the books next year and the club commits to T.Wright being next in line.

DdNTZ-lUwAA7l6c.jpg

The way I understood it was we would take over his Sharks contract and extend it by a year. The knights are still covering approx. 1/3 for this year and next.

This is my understanding too. I would think we are paying $150k to $200k for next year.

Ya know, I think watching that video is the first time I have heard him speak. Weird.

NC have already paid 525k of his 2018 contract. His contract with Cronulla for 2018 is 150k. I have no figures for him about 2019.

Welcome Trent. This bloke is all class off the field ( met him a few times when he played QCup) and a professional on it.
DCE will get the opportunity to show his real class simply by the reduction of the pressure in the kicking stakes. Having to position yourself every set to take the kick reduces his potency so much.And Dylan, Tom and Thommo etc will love it. We won’t be world beaters from here but will be a football team with more composure and control and wth our young talent that is precious.

Hodko gets named in the Team for Rd 11 clash with the scum:

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Matthew Wright
3. Moses Suli
4. Brian Kelly
5. Akuila Uate
6. Dylan Walker
7. Daly Cherry-Evans ©
8. Addin Fonua-Blake
9. Apisai Koroisau
10. Martin Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Shaun Lane
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Trent Hodkinson
15. Frank Winterstein
16. Lloyd Perrett
17. Toafofoa Sipley

18. Tom Wright
19. Lewis Brown
20. Jorge Taufua
21. Tevita Funa

Hodko gets named in the Team for Rd 11 clash with the scum:

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Matthew Wright
3. Moses Suli
4. Brian Kelly
5. Akuila Uate
6. Dylan Walker
7. Daly Cherry-Evans ©
8. Addin Fonua-Blake
9. Apisai Koroisau
10. Martin Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Shaun Lane
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Trent Hodkinson
15. Frank Winterstein
16. Lloyd Perrett
17. Toafofoa Sipley

18. Tom Wright
19. Lewis Brown
20. Jorge Taufua
21. Tevita Funa

Ah Jorge named. Sweet as!

The value of an effective five eighth stood out for me as far back as 1968. Souths were on the rise and had won the preceding year. But their 1968 season started poorly with five losses from 11 matches. I cant recall how Dennis Pittard came to Souths, but I recall him being added as 5/8 to the Souths side for round 12. They lost only two games in the next 14 games, one against a hot Manly outfit in the semi. But they beat us in the Gand Final. I remember how impressed I was with the impact Pittard had in getting that outstanding South's side functioning again. A five eighth is your lynch pin. If they dont perform up to standard, chances are the team wont. Walker couldnt do it in '16. Green managed it in '17. So far in '18 we've had no five eighth to get the team functioning effectively. Hodko is a tried and effective rep organiser. As long as his fitness holds, I think this will turn Manly's season around.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10