• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We need to tighten up our marker defence and defence through the middle in general small quick guys tear us up too easily Brandon Smith and Jerome Hughes in particular will be onto this Moses and Brown too

No longer a bridge too far. Parra is gone. Manly though will struggle to overtake the Roosters. Their only seriously hard games are two meets with the Bunnies. We must win all but one of what's remaining to get equal at best, and our for and against would then possibly get us over the line

We need to tighten up our marker defence and defence through the middle in general small quick guys tear us up too easily Brandon Smith and Jerome Hughes in particular will be onto this Moses and Brown too
Without a doubt this is our biggest weakness. Our edges defend well together.

The Storm in particular could carve us up through the middle if we don’t improve.

Top 4 isnt the be all and end all but I would certainly prefer to finish top 4 than 5-6th
Top 4 is a question if we can believe we can beat penrith or storm. If we lose to them we have the same outcome of having to play every finals game, although playing a tougher game against the two mentioned vs flogging the sharks/raiders etc

I don't think top 4 is be all and end all. I did the ladder predictor yesterday, from what I remember;

Roosters almost certain to drop one-three games (I think they play penrith, raiders who play well against them and rabbitohs).
If Rooster lose the expected (vs Panthers, vs Rabbitohs)
If we go undefeated: top 4
Lose to storm: top 4
Lose two: goes to differential
Lose three (eg. storm, eels, raiders): 5th/6th
Assuming we lose to Storm and all else goes as expected, everything hinges on the Parra game , we lose that and we need Roosters to lose 3 games and rely on differential. We win Parra game we sneak into the 4 without differential.

By calcultions finishing 5th might be a blessing this year, likely to play Titans/Sharks in the first game which if we win, we'll play loser of Storm and Roosters, with Rossters limping into finals.

If we finish 4th and lose to Storm week 1, we then play winner of possibly Parra and Raiders. But always the chance we sneak a win V storm which is always the intenet and benefit of top 4.to earn a week off.

5th is not sounding so bad.

I look at the top 4 like this for us.

You can finish 4th and have the chance to play for a week off in the finals and with the new rules in place, why wouldn't you like to play for that.

You can finish 5th/6th and already be up against it by having to definitely play 3 weeks straight before a spot in the Grand Final.

For me, Top 4 all the way. Better to be able to have a shot at something beneficial than not at all.

The best thing about last night I know we come right back into top 4 contention but it's now down to us and easts.

Parra are not going to be making top 4 with there draw and how roosters and us are playing.

Parra with all there leg ups are gone from the top 4 race and I am loving it.

Last edited:
I don't think top 4 is be all and end all. I did the ladder predictor yesterday, from what I remember;

Roosters almost certain to drop one-three games (I think they play penrith, raiders who play well against them and rabbitohs).
If Rooster lose the expected (vs Panthers, vs Rabbitohs)
If we go undefeated: top 4
Lose to storm: top 4
Lose two: goes to differential
Lose three (eg. storm, eels, raiders): 5th/6th
Yep, we have shot for sure. got to keep winning

Parra's season is like ours in reverse. They will hopefully end theirs like we started ours - with 4 heavy defeats.

That should make for a great off-season, after losing in week 1 of the finals, watching their fans tear each other apart about whos fault it is, and at the same time the footy media go nuclear on the 'missed their window' narrative, until the Eels believe it themselves, get it in their heads over an off-season of scandal, and return to where they belong.

Eels spooners 2022, and good riddance.

Top 4 this year is no different to 5/6 as all games will be played in neutral grounds in QLD. Better to be in top 4 and aim for a week off. We need to take it a game at a time - Sharks first then next 2 matches against Storm and Eels will show how far we go this year.

Is top 4 even that important this year?

Surely 7th and 8th are just fodder. If we lost to one of them then we are rubbish. From week 2 it's straight elimination.

The reason I say this is because, let's face it, doesn't look like anytime soon the teams will be heading home to NSW. Meaning no home ground advantage anyway. Playing Souths at Suncorp for example is just a game.
Very very doubtful that the finals will be played in Sydney.

Very very possible all the finals , including the Grand Final will be played in Queensland.

As long as we can keep that ****ing Indian strain out !!

Is top 4 even that important this year?

Surely 7th and 8th are just fodder. If we lost to one of them then we are rubbish. From week 2 it's straight elimination.

The reason I say this is because, let's face it, doesn't look like anytime soon the teams will be heading home to NSW. Meaning no home ground advantage anyway. Playing Souths at Suncorp for example is just a game.
Take your point but three finals and a grand final is a month of incredible intensity. Making the top 4 and either (a) winning to get a week off or (b) losing to a good side, means you don't have to try and win four straight games to raise the flag.The Broncos lost wk1 in 2006 and won the comp and we all know how many teams have won it after getting the second week off.

Imagine jagging a win in week 1 of the finals against Penrith or Melbourne; long odds to happen but confidence would be sky high and we'd be a week away from a GF appearance.

My main concern with Manly coming 5/6th is that means we need to win 3 in a row to hit the gf and 4 in a row if we want to win it... Manly hasn't won 4 in a row in how many years?? 3 or 4?? Much rather a shot at top 4 and get that weeks rest

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4