• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I hope so because if we play like tonight we will get destroyed by them.

I will give the team the benefit of the doubt tonight as tigers brought us done to there level.

I think des has eyes on 2 weeks time against the storm
Des is known as a great competitor . He has eyes for every game , and every play to be executed to the highest level . He would have been a bit disappointed at our playing standards tonight

We won tonight, that is all that matters.

We need to look forward to the Sharks game next weekend.

Roosters play the Eels, so a big game for both those clubs and an opportunity to inch closer to top 4.

its a mentality thing. We've been playing in patches and trying to flow in cruise control since the doggies game. Doggies game was our last complete 80-minute performance. We will get back to that mentality soon, I guarantee it.

And put it to perspective. A lot of these top teams are treading water and cruising along until all top teams play each other. We will see that starting from next week's Penrith storm game.

There I was a month ago thinking overhauling Parra would be the hurdle keeping us from a top 4 finish. Fast forward to now, after consecutive defeats to The Slime, compounded with their pathetic loss to the injury ravaged Rorters. now makes the latter our prime hurdle. They have a pretty good draw to finish with and we will need 1 less loss than them to secure 4th place. Even if we lose to the Drizzle in finals week 1 after finishing 4th our next game should put us in a prelim final and a shot at the prize.

Everything falling into place for us to overtake that 4th spot. We need top 4, we haven't been in the top 4 since 2014. 7 whole years, a drought that has to be broken. But can't lie, a bit nervous, what if the Roosters steal our 4th spot? They have winnable games except for the ones we anticipate them to lose which is against bunnies and Penrith. But with Penrith's injury toll and Rabbitohs complacency during the back end of the regular season, I can see them winning those games. We really can't afford to lose more than 1 game on the run home if we are serious about top 4, and we obviously have to beat Parra in two weeks.

There I was a month ago thinking overhauling Parra would be the hurdle keeping us from a top 4 finish. Fast forward to now, after consecutive defeats to The Slime, compounded with their pathetic loss to the injury ravaged Rorters. now makes the latter our prime hurdle. They have a pretty good draw to finish with and we will need 1 less loss than them to secure 4th place. Even if we lose to the Drizzle in finals week 1 after finishing 4th our next game should put us in a prelim final and a shot at the prize.
Last night is the result we needed though.

If the Eels win, we're still four off the pace if we beat the Sharks this weekend. No we could be just two off the pace. It was a crucial result. I also think the Chooks (who I admire greatly for their courage under the circumstances) will eventually run out of gas; Panthers will have their stars back, Souths will be tough for them and even the Raiders could cause them a headache.

Manly and Chooks both have games against Raiders. We've also both got a couple of 'easy' games. The race for top 4 will go down to the wire. That's why i don't want to give the Chooks a leg-up by letting them get Jorge or Funa!

Last night is the result we needed though.

If the Eels win, we're still four off the pace if we beat the Sharks this weekend. No we could be just two off the pace. It was a crucial result. I also think the Chooks (who I admire greatly for their courage under the circumstances) will eventually run out of gas; Panthers will have their stars back, Souths will be tough for them and even the Raiders could cause them a headache.
Agree but we also have a tough run of 3 after Cronulla (eels I think will be the easiest).

Of course. I am not saying that I think we make the 4. Just pointing out that Chooks winning last night was better than Eels winning and why.
Yep agree was def better Easts won. I’m a little worried Easts might keep winning now tho and block our 4 chance. I can’t see Parra winning again this year, maybe over Nth Qld.

Manly and Chooks both have games against Raiders. We've also both got a couple of 'easy' games. The race for top 4 will go down to the wire. That's why i don't want to give the Chooks a leg-up by letting them get Jorge or Funa!
Some would say we would be giving ourselves a "leg up" by loaning them Jorge!
I know where I'd be kicking!

I reckon us and the Roosters will finish on the same points. 4th spot will come down to for and against come Round 25.
I have a similar feeling and mentioned it some time back, I also made the comment during last nights game that I think it might be time to start death riding the rorters as Parra are doing just fine at fuking up on there own.
If we finish equal I feel confident that we will have the scored the points to prevail in the F/A column, but our D needs to tighten, if I was a chooks fan, I would be more stoked with the 0 last night than the 28, we can pull away from them a little with a solid win on Sunday.
Very interesting and competitive run home for 4th spot now, it’s pretty simple for us, keep winning and win well. I don’t even like thinking we may or can drop the game against the storm, the lads can win it, there not unbeatable, anyway looking forward to a solid win this weekend and a strong defensive effort, then let’s see what happens the week after, bring it.

Yep agree was def better Easts won. I’m a little worried Easts might keep winning now tho and block our 4 chance. I can’t see Parra winning again this year, maybe over Nth Qld.
When you think about it, apart from Adam Keighran (who was very good last night) and maybe Drew Hutchinson, the squad is still full of elite first graders.

Tedesco (2x premiership winner, NSW Captain, Australian rep)
Tupou (3x time premiership winner, NSW rep, Australian rep)
Morris (NSW, Australian rep, played in 2 GFs)
Manu (2x premiership winner, NZ rep)
Hargraves (3x premiership winner, NZ rep)
Verrils (1x premiership winner)
Liu (2x premiership winner)
Crichton (1x premiership winner)
Tupouniua (arguable the best young edge player in the game right now; part of 2 grand final winning squads, although didn't play on the day)
Radley (2x premiership winner and would have played Origin had he not been suspended)
Butcher (1x premiersip winner)
Taukeiaho (2x premiership winner, NZ and Tonga rep)
Then you've got Sam Walker is going to be a career rep player.

A team with that much GF experience is not going to roll over after suffering a few injuries to teammates.

Last edited:
Is top 4 even that important this year?

Surely 7th and 8th are just fodder. If we lost to one of them then we are rubbish. From week 2 it's straight elimination.

The reason I say this is because, let's face it, doesn't look like anytime soon the teams will be heading home to NSW. Meaning no home ground advantage anyway. Playing Souths at Suncorp for example is just a game.

I don't think top 4 is be all and end all. I did the ladder predictor yesterday, from what I remember;

Roosters almost certain to drop one-three games (I think they play penrith, raiders who play well against them and rabbitohs).
If Rooster lose the expected (vs Panthers, vs Rabbitohs)
If we go undefeated: top 4
Lose to storm: top 4
Lose two: goes to differential
Lose three (eg. storm, eels, raiders): 5th/6th

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4