Has Des lost the dressing room??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
i couldnt throw enough likes, clever, informative, agree, winner, ha ha and thankyou emojis at this one. rugga league sure loves its hoo doos voo doos

we probably just need someone from another club that identifies as a manly player these days anyway.

just not barrett parrots footy speak

i would go flanno, but my mrs reckons i look slim in lumberjack , and thats ok, i sleep all night and post all day

Back in the day ... everyone around the club were born and bred Manly, or been around long enough to be acclimatised ..

just about everybody came from some where else originally.

From the volunteer linement rubbers, selectors, team managers, directors, dogs bodies, local doctor, and general helpers ... all were manly indenties..

If an outside coach came in .. he had Arko at the top, Peter Peter's, and the whole club completely inbred aligned on one side .. and his lonely arse on the other.

But now, the board are professionals, the CEO is an import, the assistant Coaches are imported, the medical staff are imported, the office staff are careerists. The Zorbas have moved on ..

It is now a professional sport from top to bottom.

Back in the day ... everyone around the club were born and bred Manly, or been around long enough to be acclimatised ..

From the volunteer linement rubbers, selectors, team managers, directors, dogs bodies, local doctor, and general helpers ... all were manly indenties..

If an outside coach came in .. he had Arko at the top, Peter Peter's, and the whole club completely inbred aligned on one side .. and his lonely arse on the other.

But now, the board are professionals, the CEO is an import, the assistant Coaches are imported, the medical staff are imported, the office staff are careerists. The Zorbas have moved on ..

But…..we won far more premierships when we were incest ravaged inbreds. Bring back the good ol’ days I say.

Totally agree. The new manly set fire to that culture somewhere in the private ownership model. Putting one coach in and hoping to wind back the culture clock just isnt going to happen

We will never be a professionally run club while owned by Penn.
Need more $$ then he has or is prepared to put in.
It takes more than owning an NRL club, you need to have very deep pockets and mates in the right places which Scott doesn't have.

Scott reminds me of someone who drives a 2008 Mercedes, trying to look rich and impress everyone believing the badge makes him.

The greatest Myth in the history of sporting endeavour is this ridiculous notion that only an ex manly player can be successful at manly.

NONSENSE .... unless of course they are wearing the black away strip .. then we are really doomed .. especially if it's a Friday 13th.

Manly have had about 18 ex manly players coaching .. only 4 of whom have delivered the chocolates.

We have had only about 4 non manly coaches since the 50's.
By my reckoning Manly-Warringah have had 13* current (some were captain-coaches) or ex-players as coach since 1947. Yes, four of them have delivered the ‘chocolates’ for eight titles from 19 appearances (counting 1978 as ‘once’).

Three of those premiership winners have also coached Manly teams to runners’ up status. Another five (O’Connell, Arthurson, Hunter, Ritchie and Toovey) also took Manly teams to grand finals (Arthurson twice). That’s a pretty good strike rate, in an increasingly crowded competition, from just thirteen men.

Only Roy Bull and Tony Paskins (both as C-C), Allan Thomson and Alan Thompson (in first grade at least) missed out completely, none was in the job for very long.

So the case for ‘in house’ coaches remains very strong, with the best performed outsider being Graham Lowe in 1990/91, for four semi-finals’ appearances (one win, three losses). Pat Devery (1955) and Trent Barrett (2017) managed a losing semi-final appearance apiece.

If and when one or two outsiders in future take the team to premiership success, you might have a solid argument. Generally we all hoped Barrett could be that man. He wasn’t.

*O’Connell (twice), Bull, Arthurson, Willey (twice), Paskins, Hunter, Stanton, Thomson, Ritchie, Fulton (twice), Thompson, Hasler (twice), and Toovey.

By my reckoning Manly-Warringah have had 13* current (some were captain-coaches) or ex-players as coach since 1947. Yes, four of them have delivered the ‘chocolates’ for eight titles from 19 appearances (counting 1978 as ‘once’).

Three of those premiership winners have also coached Manly teams to runners’ up status. Another five (O’Connell, Arthurson, Hunter, Ritchie and Toovey) also took Manly teams to grand finals (Arthurson twice). That’s a pretty good strike rate, in an increasingly crowded competition, from just thirteen men.

Only Roy Bull and Tony Paskins (both as C-C), Allan Thomson and Alan Thompson (in first grade at least) missed out completely, none was in the job for very long.

So the case for ‘in house’ coaches remains very strong, with the best performed outsider being Graham Lowe in 1990/91, for four semi-finals’ appearances (one win, three losses). Pat Devery (1955) and Trent Barrett (2017) managed a losing semi-final appearance apiece.

If and when one or two outsiders in future take the team to premiership success, you might have a solid argument. Generally we all hoped Barrett could be that man. He wasn’t.

*O’Connell (twice), Bull, Arthurson, Willey (twice), Paskins, Hunter, Stanton, Thomson, Ritchie, Fulton (twice), Thompson, Hasler (twice), and Toovey.

No .. your case for in house coaches does not remain strong .. if you only have data from one side ...

That would be the same as Melb and Broncos saying 100% of their Premierships have been delivered by imported coaches .

But, whatever feel good nonsense has persisted in the past ... the game and professional personnel at every level of the clubs in today's game makes born and bred a pleasant luxury .. but non essential.

More often than not, I feel like this fellow:
1652680456104.jpeg

Or this advice, in case the first one wasn’t obvious enough:
9933186F-516D-4576-AC64-C40EA8BB19D0.gif

No .. your case for in house coaches does not remain strong .. if you only have data from one side ...

That would be the same as Melb and Broncos saying 100% of their Premierships have been delivered by imported coaches .

But, whatever feel good nonsense has persisted in the past ... the game and professional personnel at every level of the clubs in today's game makes born and bred a pleasant luxury .. but non essential.
I agree with @Terry Zarsoff you can’t compare Manly to franchise teams like Brisbane and Melbourne. They are soulless teams.
Manly men are the best coaches for Manly. Long live Toovey.
Each to their own .

I’m a fan of Croker but he missed 10 tackles last night. How do you miss 10 tackles?. They must have targeted the ruck area to great effect.

Wierd game last night. That wasn’t a team out there.

NYEagle

He missed 10 on Friday and last week he missed 11 against Souths. He may do a lot of tackles but right now he's also missing a lot.

That could also have something to do with Lawton's suspension. Croker is having to be an 80 minute player right now without Karl taking the dummy half for 10-15 minutes. Plus when you're defending all the time you're bound to miss some......

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10