Has Des lost the dressing room??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Walker leaving
Tapau not resigned
Foran not resigned

( and yes I’m aware we need to move some on due to salary cap etc etc )

3 players taking a very large chunk of the salary cap.

Young players threatening to leave if they don’t play certain positions.

Blind Freddy can see that at times this team isn’t playing like a team it’s playing like a loose knit of players , some of whom are injured , some of whom are leaving and clearly don’t really care , some aren’t being offered upgrade or extensions and like those leaving don’t seem to care.

We go ok against weak teams as we do have some good players but as soon as ANY pressure , yes anything at all , comes on us we fall apart like a stack of cards being knocked over in the wind.

Last nights game was gone in TWO SECONDS. Heads went down , and from there it was inevitable that we would lose, think about that “ two ****ing seconds “ and we are dusted!

Of course Des doesn’t make the tackles , Des isn’t on field yelling instructions BUT this IS Des’s team.

Has he lost the dressing room??

Is he good enough to turn things around ??

Has the game moved past him??

He’s never mentioned as a coach under threat , should he start to be??

Last edited:
Walker leaving
Tapau not resigned
Foran not resigned

Blind Freddy can see that at times this team isn’t playing like a team it’s playing like a loose knit of players , some of whom are injured , some of whom are leaving and clearly don’t really care , some aren’t being offered upgrade or extensions and like those leaving don’t seem to care.

We go ok against weak teams as we do have some good players but as soon as ANY pressure , yes anything at all , comes on us we fall apart like a stack of cards being knocked over in the wind.

Last nights game was gone in TWO SECONDS. Heads went down , and from there it was inevitable that we would lose, think about that “ two ****ing seconds “ and we are dusted!

Of course Des doesn’t make the tackles , Des isn’t on field yelling instructions BUT this IS Des’s team.

Had he lost the dressing room??

I don't think so Mark, at least not yet. I tend to believe what Mick is saying about a fractured playing group that is based around the Foz/Schu situation. I noticed Haumole a couple of weeks ago not shake one of our players hands (cannot remember who) but it seemed cold and very odd at the time. I cannot answer if the game has moved past Des as I am an armchair critic but to have a guess, I think he can pull us out of this as long as he can fix the above situation and move on the dead wood.

Walker leaving
Tapau not resigned
Foran not resigned

not sure, but what i do know is the team knows its identity and its capabilities even if many on here do not

the heads down is a symptom of them knowing they need a special set of circumstances in order to succeed

players want to win games and it seems pretty obvious that too many moons need to align, and so much is out of manlys control under the current roster. i think players like oku will want out, why bust your gut every week to gain ascendency to watch the key players piss it away in an instant on glory plays. no workplace handles that ****

our kicking game is based on 2 things, have we got the wind and can we kick 40/20 stats with it and then people bang on about how many 40/20 DCE kicks. that stat is the only reason he kicks long at all

the common denominator for manly is the headless chook and the fact he cleans up all the awards and is heralded as the greatest halfback since johns. be a tough pill to swallow for the workhorses and the people doing the real work, not just back up, field goals, and 40/20

be a tough dressing room to manage if you ask me. if our roster wasnt so young it would be very tense

Walker leaving
Tapau not resigned
Foran not resigned

Said it in another thread. Loss was unacceptable however we are still in the 8 (just) and we were one win from the gf last year. That’s not a coach under pressure imo. Re the players, doubt he’s lost them. Walker is always having a dig as is Foz. Marty can f$&@ right off now tho. He’s been beyond awful. This might sound off but I actually think we are worse with Turbo back. It’s like the team can’t gel with him in the side and we are more disjointed. His injury is probably a big part of that. At the moment I see our season spluttering on with us finishing around 6/7 with injuries continuing to set us back. I get over the losses pretty quick now and will take away from last night the fact we can’t play any worse really. Our defence in the first half was reasonably good considering how much pill we gave the Broncs. Next week v Eels will be interesting.

Said it in another thread. Loss was unacceptable however we are still in the 8 (just) and we were one win from the gf last year. That’s not a coach under pressure imo. Re the players, doubt he’s lost them. Walker is always having a dig as is Foz. Marty can f$&@ right off now tho. He’s been beyond awful. This might sound off but I actually think we are worse with Turbo back. It’s like the team can’t gel with him in the side and we are more disjointed. His injury is probably a big part of that. At the moment I see our season spluttering on with us finishing around 6/7 with injuries continuing to set us back. I get over the losses pretty quick now and will take away from last night the fact we can’t play any worse really. Our defence in the first half was reasonably good considering how much pill we gave the Broncs. Next week v Eels will be interesting.
And the following v Storm ( both away ).

Seriously we “ could “ get score lines of 40-60 against us in each game.

They should never of taken him back, or Foran for that matter. But that is water under the bridge.

But now Des is here I am a firm believer in the players dont pick the coach.

They either fall into line or go there is no middle ground.

Rumours that Paseka is off to rugby - that will save me up to 10 seasons of anguish.

Its like I said in another thread the players who star against the weaker teams are the same players who let us down against the good sides.

The inability of DCE and Tom in particular to perform against quality opposition needs to be addressed.

If anyone thinks Tom is playing injured, and i can see the evidence, you need to watch the press conference. He is 100% fit with no concerns according to coach and captain. Therefore there is simply no excuse for the kickoff error or his overall effort in defence.

Its like I said in another thread the players who star against the weaker teams are the same players who let us down against the good sides.

The inability of DCE and Tom in particular to perform against quality opposition needs to be addressed.

If anyone thinks Tom is playing injured, and i can see the evidence, you need to watch the press conference. He is 100% fit with no concerns according to coach and captain. Therefore there is simply no excuse for the kickoff error or his overall effort in defence.
Didn’t bother watching press conferences, in fact I’d gone to bed , but Tom was limping and couldn’t run.

70% fit not 100%

All teams have the potential to get pumped, it happens.

What concerns me about next year is that we are losing Foran and Walker. The two attacking options we currently have that are willing to straighten the attack and take on the line. Walker has been one of better performers over the last two seasons, I don't see anyone in the current squad who will fill that role next season

I'm not convinced that Shoe is a 6 yet, but let's say he and the headless chook are the halves next year, it's going to be an interesting experience to see what style of footy we play.

Des hit his KPI with a finals finish last year thanks to Turbo. Top 8 is looking very unlikely this year.

I cant cop this salary cap bullsh1t.... Melbourne have resigned Papps, Hughes and Grant and look like keeping Munster and Asofa...Yet we can't keep someone on $300k even with Marty and Walker leaving.

There's just not much attacking structure especially on the right side. Terrible to watch when a defense has DCE covered.

I said it yesterday but Cliffy ran across the line all the time but that worked because there were people running lines off him. There is no communication out there which is especially jarring when the ball player in question is the captain. DCEs running bamboozles us more than the opposition

Jake offers nothing in attack. This needs to change because what he is being asked to do will never surprise and pressure the opposition.

I think we need an assistant coach who brings attacking ideas, Des' numbers man is on a hiding to nothing. We need someone like Gifty to give input

What i would like to see for a start is Haumole running lines off DCE which doesn't happen nearly enough.

Tom shouldn't be playing either.

Are all the former players still working with the team?

Last edited:
There's just not much attacking structure especially on the right side. Terrible to watch when a defense has DCE covered.

I said it yesterday but Cliffy ran across the line all the time but that worked because there were people running lines off him. There is no communication out there which is especially jarring when the ball player in question is the captain. DCEs running bamboozles us more than the opposition

Jake offers nothing in attack. This needs to change because what he is being asked to do will never surprise and pressure the opposition.

I think we need an assistant coach who brings attacking ideas, Des' numbers man is on a hiding to nothing. We need someone like Gifty to give input

What i would like to see for a start is Haumole running lines off DCE which doesn't happen nearly enough.

Tom shouldn't be playing either.

Are all the former players still working with the team?

I know I'm a dinosaur ... but a real good plan for improving our attack would be .. TO EARN THE ****ING RIGHT TO GO WIDE. .. and you only do that by bending them back and winning the middle ..

We have the players that can do that .. but we are lucky to get 1 prop hitting it each set before going 2/3 wide ... we never. Ever have 3 or 4 forwards hit it up as a pack

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8