Has Des lost the dressing room??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I get really pissed off too mate but at the end of the day where does that get me or the team?

Absoutly Nowhere.

Nothing I do or say will make an difference within the team. Sure I could go off like a busted arse whenever we loose or put in a poor performance but the only people that effects are me and the family.

We have some really good players. We have a proven coach that only 8 months ago was 80 min from a GF. We have the ability just need to find the spark.

I really do feel there are only a few things off from us clicking. Tommy and the Shoe are the big two. Croker is a shadow compared to last year for whatever reason. And injuries in the forwards.
Just quietly, your optimism gets the team nowhere either.

At the end of the day, fans on here do what they need to do for themselves, including you.

I get really pissed off too mate but at the end of the day where does that get me or the team?

Absoutly Nowhere.

Nothing I do or say will make an difference within the team. Sure I could go off like a busted arse whenever we loose or put in a poor performance but the only people that effects are me and the family.

We have some really good players. We have a proven coach that only 8 months ago was 80 min from a GF. We have the ability just need to find the spark.

I really do feel there are only a few things off from us clicking. Tommy and the Shoe are the big two. Croker is a shadow compared to last year for whatever reason. And injuries in the forwards.

We all need to be honest with ourselves.
We were never 80 mins from a grand final, except when starting the game.

We beat a completely busted Roosters and were thrashed by the Rabbits. In hindsight a good result as we could have been on the end of 40+ nil GF agains Penrith.

We have so much to improve in EVERY area b4 we can even breath the same air as Penrith and Melbourne in 2022.

At the end of the day, fans on here do what they need to do for themselves, including you.
firstly this is the very point i was making. however, in life I generally find those you cross that continually drag the mood down and complain are those that need to be kept at arm's length. you may like having a negative vibe or mood around.

secondly, I never come on here with the optimistic guns blazing starting the debate. I don't after a win start a thread about unicorns and rainbows and how great the world is.

what does happen is I come on here and read some dog****e comments aimed at our players or coach and attempt ( poorly sometimes) to offer an alternative narrative.

but yes we all do what we can for ourselves and I guess if that involves throwing abuse and cursing guys that go out to entertain us every weekend its all ok.

We all need to be honest with ourselves.
We were never 80 mins from a grand final, except when starting the game.

We beat a completely busted Roosters and were thrashed by the Rabbits. In hindsight a good result as we could have been on the end of 40+ nil GF agains Penrith.

We have so much to improve in EVERY area b4 we can even breath the same air as Penrith and Melbourne in 2022.
Of course we were 80 min from a GF.

Games can and do turn on a knife-edge. If Moses Suli doest obstruct play and Tommy actually got the ball down that game could have been very different.

Look at the sharks game. they absolutely reamed us in the first 40 min. hands up and well done to them. but we dug in and almost came back. the sharks didn't change we did.

go back to round 1 and the Penrith side played a brand of footy that not many teams can do. it was special in front of their home crowd returning as champions after covid. they were awsome and you know what they only scored 28 points. not 40 +. anything can happen.

No .. your case for in house coaches does not remain strong .. if you only have data from one side ...

That would be the same as Melb and Broncos saying 100% of their Premierships have been delivered by imported coaches .

But, whatever feel good nonsense has persisted in the past ... the game and professional personnel at every level of the clubs in today's game makes born and bred a pleasant luxury .. but non essential.
Is this not the data that makes sense at Manly? Which is exactly his point? Manly are somewhat unique at this point. That does not mean it could not change in the future but as a club we have been more successful with coaches from within

Ultimately we are all fans who only have an influence by contributing financially to the club (merch, attendance etc)

Anything else we do is great to read, I do like hearing the potential approaches both pessimistic and optimistic, but it is ultimately flawed and based on 80 minutes of limited viewing.

We have no idea about player injuries, training, contract structure, home life, or relationships in the team that would actually form some sort of meaningful analysis.

Is this not the data that makes sense at Manly? Which is exactly his point? Manly are somewhat unique at this point. That does not mean it could not change in the future but as a club we have been more successful with coaches from within

That only appears to be the case because or the almost complete lack of alternate data .. 18 manly coaches to about 4 non manly.

For the next 14 coaches .. Employee 14 non manly people ... and at the end you could compare results ... until then the data is so skewed it has to be ignored.

That only appears to be the case because or the almost complete lack of alternate data .. 18 manly coaches to about 4 non manly.

For the next 14 coaches .. Employee 14 non manly people ... and at the end you could compare results ... until then the data is so skewed it has to be ignored.
And that is the great debate

Considering we have always been a successful club compared to almost all others I would suggest the less risky approach would be to continue with the current path

I would suggest in the modern professional game .. to get the best coach available ..
Lets say Des can no longer coach

Who would we realistically get? The nature of how our club has been positioned (by poor brand management etc) is not exactly attractive to the best coaches availalbe.

Right now i would argue there is more potential upside from a Monas / Chad R than any available coaches like Green or Flanagan

Lets say Des can no longer coach

Who would we realistically get? The nature of how our club has been positioned (by poor brand management etc) is not exactly attractive to the best coaches availalbe.

Right now i would argue there is more potential upside from a Monas / Chad R than any available coaches like Green or Flanagan

Choosing a coach is one of the most important decisions a board and CEO can make .. and why they get the big bucks.

And whether they choose a Monahan or a Flannigan .. we just need to hope they are making the decision on logical grounds .. and not putting faith in wives tails from glory days.

Choosing a coach is one of the most important decisions a board and CEO can make .. and why they get the big bucks.

And whether they choose a Monahan or a Flannigan .. we just need to hope they are making the decision on logical grounds .. and not putting faith in wives tails from glory days.
Here is where you and I differ

A sound appointment also takes into account the club culture and the ability of any new hire to either work within the existing framework (culutre) or adapt which is far from a wives tail. Historical results show that the far majority of Manly coaches who are successful come from within the club.

Does this mean that you do not recruit from outside? Not totally but it reduces your available talent pool as there is clearly some structures they need to work through to be successful

Here is where you and I differ

A sound appointment also takes into account the club culture and the ability of any new hire to either work within the existing framework (culutre) or adapt which is far from a wives tail. Historical results show that the far majority of Manly coaches who are successful come from within the club.

Does this mean that you do not recruit from outside? Not totally but it reduces your available talent pool as there is clearly some structures they need to work through to be successful

But, you are still basing your opinion on what I believe to be fraudulent data ...

To simply my position ...

IF you only ever employ ex-manly coaches .. you can confidently say that ALL your success has come when an ex-manly coach was in charge ...

BUT .. what you cannot say is that this approach was better than employing non manly coaches ..

@lsz .. also your "historical" success is somewhat less important today .. clubs were complete cesspools of inbred power cabals .. many hanging around for 50 years or more eg Zorba, Bozo,

It's all professional and careerist now .. big difference.

Not so hard for a new boy to slot in anymore.

In today’s SMH, there’s an article about the Bulldogs saga. At one point Gould warned Barrett the “you’re not a Bulldog, you’re a Dragon” - or words to that effect. You could paraphrase that to summarise his time at Manly.

Some clubs enjoy their greatest success with insiders as coach. Some manage well enough with outsiders. Manly is in the former camp.

But, you are still basing your opinion on what I believe to be fraudulent data ...

To simply my position ...

IF you only ever employ ex-manly coaches .. you can confidently say that ALL your success has come when an ex-manly coach was in charge ...

BUT .. what you cannot say is that this approach was better than employing non manly coaches ..
There are coaches who have come from outside and failed

Your argument is over sample size and what is a relevant amount?

firstly this is the very point i was making. however, in life I generally find those you cross that continually drag the mood down and complain are those that need to be kept at arm's length. you may like having a negative vibe or mood around.

secondly, I never come on here with the optimistic guns blazing starting the debate. I don't after a win start a thread about unicorns and rainbows and how great the world is.

what does happen is I come on here and read some dog****e comments aimed at our players or coach and attempt ( poorly sometimes) to offer an alternative narrative.

but yes we all do what we can for ourselves and I guess if that involves throwing abuse and cursing guys that go out to entertain us every weekend its all ok.
I can see your point but we have an agreement , NOT to agree ,and you know how I hate to rock the boat. besides im a very positive person

so NO BLOODY WAY to something you have written

carry on
unless you had planned to carry on. In such case STOP

There are coaches who have come from outside and failed

Your argument is over sample size and what is a relevant amount?

4 times as many ex-manly coaches have failed than imports.

Of course my arguement is about sample size .. it is an underpinning basis of any worthwhile stat.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8