Harper, Schuster & Olakau'atu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Again the myth that is Suli. In 3 years he's had what? 6 good games? Is there a magic dust in the air that makes you forget that?
Suli has been a whipping boy favorite round here since he started with us and now he's some urban legend Jamie lyon love child thats going to solve all our problems?
No, but he has the size and strength to be good. We've got no hope with the team that played last night. Suli is at least an alternative. It may work. If we don't try we'll be out next week and we'll never know.

Against the broken roosters? Or the titans who just scrapped in the 8? We will cream either of them
In a previous week a good chance, but we just got smashed by the Storm, it was a chance we had to take I suppose, if we had pulled of an upset it would have put us in the box seat with the week off.
Just don't know what last night's game has done to their confidence, especially Harper's, probably haven't seen an individual performance that bad since Steve Mavin in 89'

Over the off-season we need to rethink how Schuster is used in this squad.

He needs more space than he is getting, but then again he also looks like he is a few kgs overweight.

At the moment he's just absorbing a lot of hits in defence. The 'too many cooks' line with DCE, Foran, Walker, Tom et al seems apt at the moment.

Last edited:
Over the off-season we need to rethink how Schuster is used in this squad.

He needs more space than he is getting, but then again he also looks like he is a few kgs overweight.

At the moment he's just absorbing a lot of hits in defence. The 'too many cooks' line with DCE, Foran, Walker, Tom et al.
He has become a defensive workhorse.
Why would a coach allow an attacking thoroughbred to become so moribund?

Fmd talk about giving up before a shot is fired.
We don't even know who the opposition is or how they play to get there yet and your throwing in the towel.
Glad the players don't have your attitude
FMD
There’s always a negative attitude to the top 4 sides that loses the first week of finals.The likes of Matt Johns will come out and say one or both of the winning sides will win the 2nd week.He says it every year but it doesn’t happen very often.So if he throws enough darts,he’s bound to hit a bullseye eventually.I think last night was good for the team.Haven’t heard any injuries or if anyone is in trouble with suspension,but I think they should of learnt that they can’t play their free flowing game all the time in the finals.They looked like they weren’t interested in an arm wrestle

There’s always a negative attitude to the top 4 sides that loses the first week of finals.The likes of Matt Johns will come out and say one or both of the winning sides will win the 2nd week.He says it every year but it doesn’t happen very often.So if he throws enough darts,he’s bound to hit a bullseye eventually.I think last night was good for the team.Haven’t heard any injuries or if anyone is in trouble with suspension,but I think they should of learnt that they can’t play their free flowing game all the time in the finals.They looked like they weren’t interested in an arm wrestle
Matty john's posts on silvertails ? He has more class than I thought lol.

I agree that we needed a wake up call, we need to get our minds on the job from the kick off,we haven't put in a solid first 20 now for 4 weeks. Hopefully the experience jolts them out of the false confidence they had.
We can take the winner of this match

Gauc was responsible for at least 2 tries.. because of his effort alone in getting to the right spot in defence .. watch the highlights and pause at the areas where the Storm makes the crucial line break and it’s clear for all to see that he “strolls” into position.. if he pushes hard to get to where he needs to be he makes the tackles that stop the play.

simple 1% plays in defence are his problem

and this was also the case from others in the team that didn’t push hard to get to where they needed to be for at least 2 of the other tries.. Saab not desperate enough with the first dropped ball and the Welch try was three of our Star players again showing no effort

we lost we were ordinary but we can’t blame individuals in a team sport when none of the team played for each other

Last edited:
Our turn around in form coincided with the surprise form, exuberation, passion and up tempo play of the three players I've mentioned in this thread. Most other players weren't too far off their performances Friday night. It's a shame they've pretty well laid a duck egg for a month now.

I agree with a few others in that Schuster looks unfit. If he's bulking up to play in the backrow, I'm hoping he's doing it right, not the George Rose method. He looks completely uninspired right now. There's literally no effort.

Harper has complete disappeared compared to his earlier rounds. I hate seeing a player making their mark early, showing so much ability then completely diving off a cliff.

Olakau'atu needs to come off the bench. He's playing the ball as though it's minute 80 in the 2nd minute now. He's lost all his explosion, uptempo play, and he's become easy to play against and mark.

I have no idea why they've been horrible for a month, but it's likely our last game this coming Friday, so there is no point dropping them now, but I'm hoping we look at re-tooling (with the existing squad) in the off season. My thoughts:

• Get Walker back in the centres playing 80 minutes
  • Olakau'atu needs to go back to the bench
  • Donny Singe needs to work HARD with Schuster or he needs to play his way back into the team through reggies:

Next Season
01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Dylan Walker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Taniela Paseka
09. Manase Fainu
10. Jake Trbojevic
11. Andrew Davey
12. Sean Keppie
13. Ethan Bullemore

14. Karl Lawton / Lachlan Croker
15. Marty Taupau
16. Josh Aloiai
17. Haumole Olakau'atu

• More impact from the bench
  • Our primary target this off season should be a fullback who can play centre
  • Jake needs to be a prop (we need more speed and line impact from a lock)
  • Schuster needs some time improving in reggies (like Mikko Rantanen did)
  • Parker / Harper need to play their way onto the team - they are getting dominated

I know he's had a LOT of issues. But I do think we have a bit of a model squad, so think we can handle one bad boy (and our team BADLY needs a bully) - so know who I'd go for (and I know y'all will disagree) - a young, state of origin quality, angry bloke who plays fullback and centre (he's 23) in Curtis Scott (would really round out the roster).

In a previous week a good chance, but we just got smashed by the Storm, it was a chance we had to take I suppose, if we had pulled of an upset it would have put us in the box seat with the week off.
Just don't know what last night's game has done to their confidence, especially Harper's, probably haven't seen an individual performance that bad since Steve Mavin in 89'
It's probably the worst Manly player performance in a big game since Wolfie in the 2013 GF. I take no satisfaction in saying that I like both players

Our turn around in form coincided with the surprise form, exuberation, passion and up tempo play of the three players I've mentioned in this thread. Most other players weren't too far off their performances Friday night. It's a shame they've pretty well laid a duck egg for a month now.

I agree with a few others in that Schuster looks unfit. If he's bulking up to play in the backrow, I'm hoping he's doing it right, not the George Rose method. He looks completely uninspired right now. There's literally no effort.

Harper has complete disappeared compared to his earlier rounds. I hate seeing a player making their mark early, showing so much ability then completely diving off a cliff.

Olakau'atu needs to come off the bench. He's playing the ball as though it's minute 80 in the 2nd minute now. He's lost all his explosion, uptempo play, and he's become easy to play against and mark.

I have no idea why they've been horrible for a month, but it's likely our last game this coming Friday, so there is no point dropping them now, but I'm hoping we look at re-tooling (with the existing squad) in the off season. My thoughts:

• Donny Singe needs to work HARD with Schuster or he needs to play his way back into the team through reggies:

Next Season
01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Dylan Walker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Taniela Paseka
09. Manase Fainu
10. Jake Trbojevic
11. Andrew Davey
12. Sean Keppie
13. Ethan Bullemore

15. Marty Taupau
16. Josh Aloiai
17. Haumole Olakau'atu

• Parker / Harper need to play their way onto the team - they are getting dominated

I know he's had a LOT of issues. But I do think we have a bit of a model squad, so think we can handle one bad boy (and our team BADLY needs a bully) - so know who I'd go for (and I know y'all will disagree) - a young, state of origin quality, angry bloke who plays fullback and centre (he's 23) in Curtis Scott (would really round out the roster).

I'm not entirely sure Walker and Scott in close proximity would make for a harmonious team.

I'm not entirely sure Walker and Scott in close proximity would make for a harmonious team.

I bet they'd work amazingly, and probably would be best mates. That's how men are mostly. Sort out your differences, best mates the next minute. Women are the ones you have to worry about long term - mess with them, you'll have a life curse placed on your head.

I bet they'd work amazingly, and probably would be best mates. That's how men are mostly. Sort out your differences, best mates the next minute. Women are the ones you have to worry about long term - mess with them, you'll have a life curse placed on your head.
Be careful what you do to a good woman because
you will have to deal with the bitch you created.

Next Season
01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Dylan Walker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Taniela Paseka
09. Manase Fainu
10. Jake Trbojevic
11. Andrew Davey
12. Sean Keppie
13. Ethan Bullemore

15. Marty Taupau
16. Josh Aloiai
17. Haumole Olakau'atu

interesting thought Ryan .He's only 23 and If his alcohol issues can be fixed and or controlled ,he would be reasonably cheap and on his day can be an excellent center and as you say much more accustomed to fill in full back role and pretty quick over 40 M.
If we are letting Suli go(which I dont entirley agree with) Curtus could be Des's next project. Des has put alot of time into Suli and you would have to say that he has been successful with that (he looks fit and looks like he is not asking did someone say KFC ?) and that its only injury ,circumstance and our pick up in form that has kept Suli out of a more regular 1st grade spot.I hate the idea of a bottom feeder like the goons getting the benefits of Des's work with Suli.
Imagine that two former enemies in the back line Scott and Walker

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8