Happy days

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jerry1 link said:
Have Quantum re-signed. Who is the replacement if not?

If we win a premiership under him I will be first to congratulate him - But so far he's done jack s**t except go bush with pipe dreams.

When he signs betfair or whatever sponsor he's chasing I'll give him a rap.

:)  

The new sponsor will be revealed in time, you do realize it is still July 2010 and Quantam will be on the jersey until the end of the season. March 2011 we will run out with a new sponsor on the front whoever that may be

I didn't congratulate Mayer on a premiership and won't be congratulating Lowe on one either if we get it, that goes to the playing and coaching staff from me

But hey, you have perfect opportunity to fire questions off to him now, however I suspect the biggest Lowe baggers will not take up that opportunity

ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=Jerry1 link=topic=184190.msg277059#msg277059 date=1279706498]
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=184190.msg277043#msg277043 date=1279700589]
Yea mate, I want a go, stick them up !!

I shall humour you

How is the club in so much trouble after 6 months of Lowe if Mayer was such a messiah of a CEO ? Surely all the amazing work he did couldn't have been undone in 6 months ?
We had sponsors under Mayor - won a premiership under Mayer.

What has Mr. Lowe done for us so far.

[/quote]

I am not usually this strong but this is an idiotic post jerry. As KE said he can't win a premiership until October. He has stopped the public slanging match between owners and has the unanimous support of the board. There has been an injection of new blood at board level and a stepping back of the divisive elements from those positions. We lost our chief playmaker and despite a heap of injuries and with two youngsters at the halves we are still in the top 8. The brand is improving imo. There is a long way to go but and I'm not saying it is all positives but at this point I can't see a pile of negatives.
[/quote]

Give me one positive - he may be in brown nosing both the owners but where is the benefit.

I suggest you are the one with the idiot posts. You have jack poop to back up your comments. I have stated the proof that Mayor was a success - all you have is blind faith & nothing concrete.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Jerry1 link=topic=184190.msg277095#msg277095 date=1279711615]
Have Quantum re-signed. Who is the replacement if not?

If we win a premiership under him I will be first to congratulate him - But so far he's done jack s**t except go bush with pipe dreams.

When he signs betfair or whatever sponsor he's chasing I'll give him a rap.

:)  

The new sponsor will be revealed in time, you do realize it is still July 2010 and Quantam will be on the jersey until the end of the season. March 2011 we will run out with a new sponsor on the front whoever that may be

I didn't congratulate Mayer on a premiership and won't be congratulating Lowe on one either if we get it, that goes to the playing and coaching staff from me

But hey, you have perfect opportunity to fire questions off to him now, however I suspect the biggest Lowe baggers will not take up that opportunity
[/quote]

Quantum has only just pulled out a year early from a 3 year deal,give the man some time
it took him a while to sign AAA Radiators after Mack withdrew its sponsorship from all sports

Besides Lowe isnt on a long contract,he may be replaced by Stanton

Jerry1 link said:
[quote author=Shane link=topic=184190.msg277099#msg277099 date=1279711816]

I shall humour you

How is the club in so much trouble after 6 months of Lowe if Mayer was such a messiah of a CEO ? Surely all the amazing work he did couldn't have been undone in 6 months ?

[/quote]

Weak minded fool,look at the AAA Radiators on the sleeve of the jersey? or are your elton john glasses on?
[/quote]
That may be the case but I haven;t read any press release on MSWE site.

Also you say sleeve sponsor - who is the major jersey sponsor.

[/quote]

http://www.sportspromedia.com/deals/_a/sea_eagles_boosted_by_six-figure_partnership/

http://www.sportspromedia.com/deals/_a/manly_sea_eagles_sign_new_jersey_sponsor/

Back of shirt sponsor confirmed for 2011 (to be announced towards the end of the season - there are reasons why it can't be announced at present)

Quantum are still shirt sponsors until the end of the season (Have a look on Sunday Jerry and you'll see...it's true, honest!)

The club is in discussion with at least 2 possible major sponsors for front of shirt for 2011 season...be silly to say who they are until it is confirmed wouldn't you think?

Sorry reyam your arguments don't hold water.....or does your "inside" knowledge not cover positives?

Actually vid, it is jerry1 who has decided to have a 'go' tonight. All thoughts welcome here but he has to come up with a few before I get too excited. :)

vidmar link said:
[quote author=Jerry1 link=topic=184190.msg277103#msg277103 date=1279712346]

I shall humour you

[/quote]

Weak minded fool,look at the AAA Radiators on the sleeve of the jersey? or are your elton john glasses on?
[/quote]

[/quote]

http://www.sportspromedia.com/deals/_a/sea_eagles_boosted_by_six-figure_partnership/

http://www.sportspromedia.com/deals/_a/manly_sea_eagles_sign_new_jersey_sponsor/

Back of shirt sponsor confirmed for 2011 (to be announced towards the end of the season - there are reasons why it can't be announced at present)

Quantum are still shirt sponsors until the end of the season (Have a look on Sunday Jerry and you'll see...it's true, honest!)

The club is in discussion with at least 2 possible major sponsors for front of shirt for 2011 season...be silly to say who they are until it is confirmed wouldn't you think?

Sorry reyam your arguments don't hold water.....or does your "inside" knowledge not cover positives?
[/quote]
Vid - 200K? is good for 1 season but a lot less than quantum?

Quantum was 2.6 million over 3 years?

Shows how good grant was.

ManlyBacker link said:
Actually vid, it is jerry1 who has decided to have a 'go' tonight. All thoughts welcome here but he has to come up with a few before I get too excited. :)
Plenty more coming.

He is not going any where - he even said he has extention in his contract beyond 2011. Also the Sharks are offering Matia way more than the Warriors who are offering more than us.

vidmar link said:

I shall humour you

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hey Vid - I don't know the logistics, but could we potentially get a joint major sponsorship, with naming rights on the front, then back, giving us more opportunity for coin?

I believe that with the return of bullet and wolf, we will be rather successful next year, and we will be a very attractive brand to be in league with so to speak.

If what I heard may be correct, we can attain a betting agency as a major sponsor, but only if their company brand is not displayed on the jersey. Imagine having them as a major sponsor, then attaining a 2nd major sponsor to go along with that !! THAT, would be exciting.

It's a shame about Quantum though. They have been a gtreat partner, and brand awareness for them have certainly improved.

Also: re Chris Bailey. I personally think that in a team LIKE The Sharks / Raiders, where is skills would be more required, and the team relies upon him a lot more (like in Newcastles darker days), he would excel. The fact of the matter is though here, we have way too much depth, and I personally think full strength, Farrar would make a great utility player (ALA Gidley for the NSW blues). Bailey tries hard, but just really hasn't reached the level I believe the club imposed on him.

Sam Thaiday: If we could snare him, it would definitely give us what we need. A mobile, aggressive forward. Coupled with George Rose (who will hopefully be leaner, meaner, fitter and faster) we could have that forward pack that everyone wants.

08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Sam Thaiday
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Ben Farrar
15. George Rose
16. Brent Kite
17. Tony Williams

Looks pretty hot. Premiership hot.

ManlyBacker link said:

G'day MB, correct it was Jerry who was wanting a positive (I gave him 2 but he chose to ignore them...and ignored the fact that we still have Quantum as sponsors until the end of the season and the club is well down the path in discussion with 2 others.)

My reference to reyam was his thoughts that the club were in trouble and it was all the fault of the current CEO.

A look here http://www.mwse.com.au/default.aspx?s=sponsor-directory will show a long list of sponsors that are fantastic in their support of the club and the team.

Add in to the mix merchandise sales (the new retail store is going great guns) funds from the Leagues Club, game day revenue, TV revenue, money from the NRL etc etc then although the club could always use more money we are not in an "end of world" scenario as yeram would like to think we are.

A semi and finals berth would of course help enormously as would increased numbers putting their hands in their pockets and becoming members.

Just out of interest Jerry & yeram are you members of the Sea Eagles or the Football Club?

It says a lot about Sharks supporters that they're excited about signing a player of Bailey's ilk.  They were the same with Cuthbertson, though he was in NSW Cup and has done nothing this year.  They live off the rejects from other clubs and it's hard to see them surviving under this new coach they've got.  He can barely string 2 words together.

Matabele link said:
It says a lot about Sharks supporters that they're excited about signing a player of Bailey's ilk.  They were the same with Cuthbertson, though he was in NSW Cup and has done nothing this year.  They live off the rejects from other clubs and it's hard to see them surviving under this new coach they've got.  He can barely string 2 words together.

Don't count Cuthbo out just yet mate. He has lots, and lots of potential if harnessed correctly. I still rate him. It would be very hard to be motivated in The Sharks culture at present....and I think Cuthbo is a confidence type player....hence he played the best, when we were on the rise.

vidmar link said:

I shall humour you

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] Don't get to cocky Vid announced later on in the year,yeah can't  wait if the club had signed any new sponsors it would be announced now oh wait then again we are still waiting on the announcement regarding Foran's resigning.I'm just a fan of a club from 1974 and this club was a powerhouse and had great administrators like Arko now we are stuck with amateurs like Lowe (and you) involved with the club. We don't need johnny come latley's like you telling us how great everything is it might be for you but for long term fans we are now just another club not the hated but respected of the past.So keep towing the company line I'm happy looking at the glass half empty.Infact contact KE and you can both get off on how great everything is.

Remember that rock Reyam??

Fair dinkum, everyone is entitled to their opinion BUT personal attacks on people who give freely of their time is not just unwarranted it's downright slanderous.

Vid has done more for fans (bringing them together, getting on the FC board, and being a "link" between fans and the club) in the last three years than you have done in your 30 years supporting the team.

Have opinions about the paid administration by all means (we all have those) but slanderous comments against fellow fans who are just "having a go" is nothing other than a dog act!!

By ALL means play the ball BUT NOT THE MAN!!

Oh yes and that rock......you know what you have to do!

No offence to vid or to you mark. But if someone holds said opinion, do you not think that perhaps they hold it for a reason and may be warranted?

You should never get angered or upset by criticism but should be happy for it, it gives you something to work on.

What I think reyam is saying, is that there is obvious discontent by members and fans about the club and how it is being run at the moment and being told the same thing and how we need to stump up etc isn't working in winning them over and improving things. In fact it can actually turn fans away. The guilt trip doesn't always work and in this case doesn't work. My wife will tell you how the guilt trip tends to work on me, it often ends up with her feeling bad.

Now for those that saw the glory days of Arko and how he ran things, it's hard to acccept how things are run now. I know times have moved on, but it does not mean that we as fans should accept anything less than the best!

It seems to me that anytime anyone says anything in here about negative thoughts on how the club is being run and membership etc, they just get berated and told how naughty they are and how much less of a supporter and human they are. It gets tired and it gets boring, the same as it gets tired and boring with people constantly mentioning Lowe.

Can we jsut give it a rest. There are other and better ways to promote membership, and the current method clearly is not working

I actually don't disagree with his opinion Dan, in the past things were better and I can't but agree with him on that issue....what I dislike is personal attacks on fans (such as Vid) who are not getting paid a cracker but are doing "their bit" to move us forward.

If Vid was being paid $150K a year, then rip in by all means.

Had he not included the (and you) comment I would not have said a thing.

So I am not stepping back from my comments...sorry if you disagree.

No problems with disagreeing mate.

But lets be fair, Vidmar is obviously an accomplished business man and does quite well from it. However it does not make him an expert at being a board member of any shape or form or make him good for memberships.

In essence, he is in fact an amateur as is Lowe as a CEO. So the comments whilst maybe hurtful are true.

In very similar fashion, whilst this site may run well at times and be ok. I am not a professional Web administrator or designer, I am an amateur and some of my code is horrible (right Nate??) I have no problems being an amateur.

Let's be honest the current approach is turning many people away from membership. No one likes being berated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7