Happy days

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reyam

Reserve Grader
I heard this morning that Chris (waste of space) Bailey is off to the sharks. The next move should be who ever signed him should join him at the sharks aswell.

Cheers

A quick look at the sharkies section of League Unlimited makes this look credible.

Some of the sharks fans are stoked!:

"Bailey is the 2nd best passer of the ball I have seen. Just behind Baz. Soft Missiles to your hands either side.
Good catch."

I almost feel sorry for them...

I feel a bit sorry for Bailey, brought here to be a 5/8 (and never was), and then well down on confidence as a result. By the way NOT that I'll be crying if he goes but he's been lamblasted from pillar to post within the club and the bottom line he's really nothing more than about an 18th/19th or 20th man reserve. So in one respect Reyam (and this is very rare considering your usual posts) I actually agree with you, whomever signed him didn't do much of a job.

And I forgot to add, if this is correct we have lost another one and signed who???

Is this a build up to a big name signing???

Or the rats deserting the ship before it sinks???

Mark from Brisbane link said:
And I forgot to add, if this is correct we have lost another one and signed who???

Clearing the way for more funds for Matai?

reyam link said:
I heard this morning that Chris (waste of space) Bailey is off to the sharks. The next move should be who ever signed him should join him at the sharks aswell.

Cheers

No great loss if in fact true.

Jethro link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=184190.msg276949#msg276949 date=1279685939]

Clearing the way for more funds for Matai?
[/quote]

Well you'd have to say he brings a lot more to the team than does Bailey....but I'd still like to see if we are in the market for others, so far it's losses and no gains.

Mark from Brisbane link said:

As I have stated before we are not spending the cap next year and the excuse about all these updated contracts is nothing more then crap. Why is it that from last year and this year we have lost a huge amount of cap money ( with the players leaving) and the silence is deafening regarding signings. Is anyone at this club going to come clean because the contract upgrades is starting to wear very thin.

Cheers

reyam link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=184190.msg276949#msg276949 date=1279685939]

As I have stated before we are not spending the cap next year and the excuse about all these updated contracts is nothing more then crap. Why is it that from last year and this year we have lost a huge amount of cap money ( with the players leaving) and the silence is deafening regarding signings. Is anyone at this club going to come clean because the contract upgrades is starting to wear very thin.

Cheers
[/quote]

This is only a suggestion and is not what I really think but maybe the club doesn't have the funds available to spend up to the cap.  It would appear that we have lost our major sponsor and what other sponsorship problems do we have?  Maybe we are feeling the pinch.  The club has received a lot of the bad publicity since the beginning of last year due to the Brett Stewart & Watmough 2009 season launch incidents.  We have also been stuck with a great many Monday night games with not many free to air games shown this year to advertise sponsor products.

Jethro link said:
[quote author=reyam link=topic=184190.msg276957#msg276957 date=1279686922]

Cheers
[/quote]

This is only a suggestion and is not what I really think but maybe the club doesn't have the funds available to spend up to the cap.  It would appear that we have lost our major sponsor and what other sponsorship problems do we have?  Maybe we are feeling the pinch.  The club has received a lot of the bad publicity since the beginning of last year due to the Brett Stewart & Watmough 2009 season launch incidents.  We have also been stuck with a great many Monday night games with not many free to air games shown this year to advertise sponsor products.
[/quote]

I am sure we are spending the cap. As far as I was aware the only club to not spend the cap this year was the warriors, and its a very rare situation to be in.

Watching Wigan vs Warrington the other day and they did a cross to Phil Bailey and I almost threw the remote through the tv, such is the effect of the Bailey brothers

tookey link said:
Stop getting our hopes up mata - I mean reyam.
I can assure you that reyam is not Matabele. He is full of crap much of the time but it is not him. He has not been right about anything before so I doubt this has any credibility either.

I'm not getting my knickers in a knot about whether we spend up to the cap or not.  What's the issue?  Bailey going, if it's true, just opens up the team for a promotion of one of our Qld guys or U20s.  I don't see why we would be out in the market buying anyone.  We are competitive as is, and will be next year.  If we win a couple of games we're in the four.  Wye get all hot and bothered if we don't purchase anyone. 

Bailey is still under contract for 2011 so unless we are releasing him early then he will be with us next year. 

I doubt that the sharks would take him if we were releasing him early from his contract as surely they would have learnt from the last player that we released to them - Cuthbo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8