Happily, Manly sign Turbo brothers!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There been no media contact with club at all. But concerned on jake interview. manager will want market value but if we are to keep both i say top we pay would be jake 850k and tom 1.1.
After the issues we had with foz and dce in trying to keep both whatever happens happens. We also have suli who now on cusp of bluechip centre.

Strange that people would assert blame on the media and player managers when Jake has been quoted directly himself. Comments from Jake like "who would have ever thought Glenn and Brett Stewart would play apart" are perplexing.

Strange times these days in the NRL. A player has a contract for next season but the club are resting on their laurels because they haven't offered an extension yet?! The way the NRL is run these days is a complete shambles. The fans suffer the most.

There is a certain irony that we let Gutherson leave because of injury concerns, only for him to remain virtually injury-free.

Meanwhile the anointed one has had plenty of time on the sidelines since 2015. Hopefully he is over his ‘Tedesco-like injury-riddled early career phase’ and is now entering his ‘Uninjured Tedesco-like phase’.

Won’t it be ironical if we lose the Turbo’s and the Roosters sign , Fifita, Murray and SBW.

Not that anyone other than Manly fans would give a flying ****.

[
There is a certain irony that we let Gutherson leave because of injury concerns, only for him to remain virtually injury-free.

Meanwhile the anointed one has had plenty of time on the sidelines since 2015. Hopefully he is over his ‘Tedesco-like injury-riddled early career phase’ and is now entering his ‘Uninjured Tedesco-like phase’.

The Tigers should ask Tedesco for their money back!!

I went to the Aus vs NZL test in Wollongong, spoke to Tommy T and I asked him about the arm/pec injury and he said it was coming along fine, I also asked him about re-signing and he said he ain't going anywhere. But I also recall another poster who asked Hoppa jr the same thing and ended up at the Eels. What a top young bloke Tommy T is.

Look I think the chance of the brothers going elsewhere is pretty slim and I reckon this media **** is being driven by their manager to ensure Manly pays close to market rates BUT it doesn’t stop clubs like say the Bulldogs making a long term ridiculous offer which they “ could” consider.

I think the one benefit we offer is we are definitely on the rise and Premierships are beckoning and that’s worth more than just straight dollars!!!

WOW .... it isn't difficult to make some people paranoid .....

The Turbo's have still got a year to run on their contracts ... both would be confident that more than half the clubs would jump at them with cheque books in hand at any time .... therefore they are not nervous or in any undue hurry .... they know Manly want them to stay and will make a competetive offer ....

The club know that they still have the Turbos under contract for another year and that both of them wish to stay at Manly .... They also know in volatile player markets it is wise to be as flexible as possible for as long as possible .... who knows what players they are talking to about joining in 2021 ..... and who they will release ..... Manly will make a competitive offer ..... in the fullness of time .....

... and it sounds like both parties know this and are comfortable with it ......

Even if Manly haven't tabled an official offer by Friday (1 November), that doesn't mean the Trbojevic's are out the door and gone. They are still contracted to Manly for 2020 and have not to the best of anyone's knowledge agreed to terms with any other club.

All the 1st of November means is that if they haven't signed with Manly by then, other clubs are allowed to officially get in touch and try to talk turkey. Just like any player at any club who is not signed beyond 2020.

I'm still betting that the boys are going to be at Manly long term.

In all seriousness people, I get the feeling that Manly are playing it safe and making sure every "i" is dotted and every "t" is crossed and that everything is 100% approved and then some. We got burned over that TPA fiasco and I doubt the club wants to go through that sort of thing again, especially where Tom and Jake are concerned. We want their contracts safely in the bank with no chance of the NRL coming out and saying that something isn't right.

Last edited:
Actually, if we are to be precise, it was H.G. Wells' character Astronomer Ogilvy, who made the 'million to one' comment. And by the way a new mini series based on the book is coming to Foxtel next month. Now back to the Turbos...:menholdinghands:
I am such a fanboy when I was in the UK I visited Horsell Common where the Martian cylinder landed in the story.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6