Happily, Manly sign Turbo brothers!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Typical media playing games, trying to make it sound as no talking or negations have taken place and that the club has just sat back and done nothing.

Just because a contract hasn't been offered doesn't mean they haven't been talking or even come to an agreement, there is no use offering a contract if they are still working through a few details.
Maybe they have come to an agreement and the brothers just want to see what sort of silly offers are going to be thrown about, Jake is off playing rep footy and the brothers have said wait to that finishes and we will sort it all out.
What grabs clicks on websites and sells papers?

1: Turbo brothers not offered contract
2: Turbo brothers say hold off until the rep footy is over.

Greenberg will probably say, the Roosters offered 3 mil so Manly has to pay them 2.8 or else we aren't paying market value so they can't be registered (as in the Glenn Stewart situation)

Greenberg will probably say, the Roosters offered 3 mil so Manly has to pay them 2.8 or else we aren't paying market value so they can't be registered (as in the Glenn Stewart situation)

Yep, different rules for different clubs , didn’t you know that??

Playing a dicey game with this one

If I say if the brothers leave watch membership sales drop I don’t think they will go but it does make me nervous the way the club is waiting to sign them both.

I'm sure there has been more happening than we get to know about from the cheap seats, but its surprising to me that we have renewed as many players as we have before these two. You would think they'd be first cab off the rank and then work back from there. Disconcerting.

I'm sure there has been more happening than we get to know about from the cheap seats, but its surprising to me that we have renewed as many players as we have before these two. You would think they'd be first cab off the rank and then work back from there. Disconcerting.
That’s EXACTLY why I’m not even remotely stressed about the lads re-signing..

If, and (in my opinion) that’s a huge “if”, there was any issues in their contract situation, there’s no_way_in_HELL they’d resign lesser prospects ahead of them. These boys are Manly to the core, and any contract news will be released at a time that is beneficial to the club.

Be patient, good things come to those who wait..

Yawn. The chances of the Trobjevics not signing with the Sea Eagles are a million to one ...hang on didn't HG Wells say something similar about Martians?

I’m sure I speak for most fans when I say my support of this club will never be conditional on who plays for it. Over the years I’ve seen many favourites go, and some have come back to Brookie wearing enemy colours. If the Turbos go - and I think it’s very unlikely - I’ll cheer for whoever gets their spots. My support for the Sea Eagles couldn’t be shaken by players leaving, however, if the team were to sign a complete as*hole like Blair or Smith it would be hard to take.

It's not solely the club involved in these negotiations. It appears as though their manager is using the media to try and drum up a huge price. I love the brothers, everyone does - but we cannot overpay. Tom is yet to put a full season together worth the $1m+ he appears to be asking for. Jake is the heart and soul of our defence, but you don't want to overextend yourself for an engine player either. We have a lot of superstar talent coming through, securing the brothers at the right price will determine our ability to keep the rest.

Is there a chance of losing the Turbos ?

Everything is possible in this life

Including winning our next comp without out them

What will be will be

Have a great day feathered friends

motivated-good-morning-images-with-quotes.jpg

I’m sure I speak for most fans when I say my support of this club will never be conditional on who plays for it. Over the years I’ve seen many favourites go, and some have come back to Brookie wearing enemy colours. If the Turbos go - and I think it’s very unlikely - I’ll cheer for whoever gets their spots. My support for the Sea Eagles couldn’t be shaken by players leaving, however, if the team were to sign a complete as*hole like Blair or Smith it would be hard to take.
Exactly !

Players come and go but Manly is forever :inlove:

TurBros are like Beaver and will be at Brookie.

Their after footy career will be guaranteed just like Beaver's is :nod:

We could always let the Turbos and DCE go and bring in Tedesco, Fafita and Hastings, save a fortune, upgrade our brilliant youngsters and there's ya premiership right there.

Not too sure who actually initiated it , whether club management ,their manager or the Turbos but as has previously been mentioned , both have already had considerable upgrades for their remaining 2020 contracts . Terrific and local juniors that they are , can not see how Tom or Jake should be worth any more for extended deals then their respective upgrades to i mil and 900 k especially taking into account Tom "s injury prone record to date . Maybe their manager is currently adopting a self interested and greedy tactic to squeeze slightly more out of any future deal but this would seem pretty inconsequential as they would be close to maximum value now surely . Just also curious if the youngest Turbo Ben has been signed on going forward also . Still can not see them leaving and can only assume that a set longer term Manly deal for them both is not too far away .

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8