Gutherson > Taufua

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Snake said:
Eagles2nv said:
So some good news.

Club reporting Gutho looks good to return. WIth Skivvy and Probably Taufua out this week will be good for him and blair to fill the wing spots (and hiku to centre).

They mentioned it here in the matai injury update:

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2014/08/11/injury_update_matai_to_have_more_scans.html

Why will Taufua be out this week?

Not sure if he has officially been ruled out but he's definitely playing busted. I think after a few weeks on the sideline they decided to look at him to see if he can make an impact with his body being the way it is and the answer is unfortunately no. I know the ankle has been a concern but I think his shoulder, where he has said he has to wear a brace which is really uncomfortable has had a massive impact on his performances this year. I'm not sure if he just needs rest or surgery is the answer but I hope he can still play a part in our run to a premiership this season, but if he isn't fit I think Blair or Gutherson help us more.

We could well need both Blair and Gutho this next month.

Horhay is not the pocket-rocket we're used to.
Obviously playing busted.

We're running out of time to rest him tho; especially on the back of Skivi's injury now, too.

I think Blair is a little underrated. He is quite talented and could be more than simply a fill in. Jorge has been a little off this year. I hope it's injury related and he comes good again.

Souths have GI. We have VI.

Vanilla Ice - Clint Gutherson

I read a report that Gutherson had started running again. Didn't say anything about being able to play.

mozgrame said:
I think Blair is a little underrated. He is quite talented and could be more than simply a fill in. Jorge has been a little off this year. I hope it's injury related and he comes good again.

Souths have GI. We have VI.

Vanilla Ice - Clint Gutherson

Agree 100% on Blair.

The more size and power we can add to the 17 the better.

Not as sure about VI...

Added to Cosmo, Woody, Bert and Skunk you're just agitatin' for yet another poll mate!

Taufua is a very important member of the squad when fit and firing. Not so long ago he was on the cusp of Origin selection. He is a marquee winger at his best and should not be dropped for Blair or Gutherson. If he is indeed injured, then he should be rested until 100% fit, but he is not easily replaced, and we certainly lose a real attacking threat when he is missing. I also think he makes good decision in D.

Snake said:
Taufua is a very important member of the squad when fit and firing. Not so long ago he was on the cusp of Origin selection. He is a marquee winger at his best and should not be dropped for Blair or Gutherson. If he is indeed injured, then he should be rested until 100% fit, but he is not easily replaced, and we certainly lose a real attacking threat when he is missing. I also think he makes good decision in D. :s

Jorge's defence is woefull. He has the T-rex mentality of attempting a tackle, but if it fails he just decides to let someone else chase down the Opponent :dodgy:

I hope he gets his head back into aggressive play, as Old Man Matai will not be around to cover his lapses or indeed feed him the tries :cool:

HappilyManly said:
Snake said:
Taufua is a very important member of the squad when fit and firing. Not so long ago he was on the cusp of Origin selection. He is a marquee winger at his best and should not be dropped for Blair or Gutherson. If he is indeed injured, then he should be rested until 100% fit, but he is not easily replaced, and we certainly lose a real attacking threat when he is missing. I also think he makes good decision in D. :s

Jorge's defence is woefull. He has the T-rex mentality of attempting a tackle, but if it fails he just decides to let someone else chase down the Opponent :dodgy:

I hope he gets his head back into aggressive play, as Old Man Matai will not be around to cover his lapses or indeed feed him the tries :cool:

I disagree, I think he comes in off the wing and shuts the play down nicely (Dragons game being one such example). It's not an easy corridor for opposition defences at all, if anything they have better luck down the right, especially when Wolfman was defending outside Jamie Lyon.

HappilyManly said:
Snake said:

The negativity on this site is un"f*#^in'believable!

Jorge has been great for us, and the players taking his place have been good too.

His defence has been great previously, and a bit of time back in the team will see him get back to that.

One loss to our only real rivals to the premiership (and they beat us last year , but what happened finals time?) and it's all over and our players are crap?

I reckon some of the posters on here seem to be waiting for us to fail, so they have something to post.

Snake said:
HappilyManly said:
Snake said:
I disagree, I think he comes in off the wing and shuts the play down nicely (Dragons game being one such example). It's not an easy corridor for opposition defences at all, if anything they have better luck down the right, especially when Wolfman was defending outside Jamie Lyon.
I agree with Snake, our 'image' of JT is based on his recent appearances, and all these matches, in fact the whole year, are based on a coloured version of him. He has been injured all year and consequently we have forgotten the amazing JT that played last year. Perhaps, it will not be until next year, that we see the return of THAT player. He needs a few months to get over these ankle, shoulder, pec tear injuries. He's a young strong guy, - he will come back.

In the meantime, Chairman and Woody to fill in. Its too late in the season to be moving Peta to left centre, he seems to have found a home on the right.

nodd said:
HappilyManly said:
Snake said:

Jorge has been great for us, and the players taking his place have been good too.

His defence has been great previously, and a bit of time back in the team will see him get back to that.

One loss to our only real rivals to the premiership (and they beat us last year , but what happened finals time?) and it's all over and our players are crap?

I reckon some of the posters on here seem to be waiting for us to fail, so they have something to post.

Top post Nodd!!

There are two wingers on a Team, neither would be his spot in my Team :cool:

Not a fan of Jorge as he never gives 100% IMO.
He has the talent and size but not the attitude to push through pain barrier nor go that extra hard in defense. :dodgy:

This week's In The Sheds interview also threw up another of his limitations.
His comment on playing at the SCG was that 'it was good as the Fans are not on top of you.' :huh:
What is he worried about the Fans, he should be focused on the game in hand ? :cool:

Hopefully he will get motivated to help out Matai, who is beyond reproach :angel:

I don't really agree with that about jorge. I think he is getting more grief from his shoulder than we know, I remember reading that he will require surgery in the off season, if he even makes it through. I do agree he looks a bit relaxed occasionally. I font think he is at his best, but I don't question his committment.

He Aldo looked yo be playing a bit heavy, and down on pace, but like killer, who has lost a bit this season in my opinion, still class, but isn't doing it how he was last year, looks bigger and slower.

mozgrame said:
nodd said:
HappilyManly said:
Snake said:

Top post Nodd!!

I agree with both you blokes, up to a point.

I've experienced the same frustration (and gone into bat for our players) many a time, too.

But some criticism is also warranted, now and then.
And what I see here for Horhay is mostly qualified by the obvious view he's not 100% fit. That's all.

He himself has said (or mumbled...lol!) a couple of times he's not quite right and a bit unhappy with his form.

I think that's all most ppl are getting at here, because at his best he's awesome.

Let's just hope he gets back to that, or somewhere close, this season and not next!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4