Grand Final 22 Panthers v Eels

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
My highlight will be the trophy being presented to Brad and Jekib if they win. An outstanding father/son combo and a fine example of nepotism. Then BA calls for Jiceb to be in the World Cup. Bench only, of course, no minutes.

Reckon a physical start and Eels will try match the early contacts and just might.
First half to be a slug fest with most impact to be made right throught the middle sector and only shifts after winning momentum......key also Cleary/Moses to try kick the opposition back 3 into errors and basically ambush them in corners to own field position and Win errors.
Second half as the game opens up and both teams have a better flow, Penrith to run away and Win 11 - 20 points.....in simple terms - "just too good"
Eels only chance is to play through Penrith, not around them and offloads and 2nd phase, plus "Perfect" kicking game from Moses and high intensity defence for 80.....but personally see Penrith 11-20 and to you punters , the Maxta Tip is -

Penrith 11 - 20
To'o try
Tago try
Sivo try

And remember - bet responsibly :wait:

Penrith risk being the Manly of 95 - 96 - 97 if they lose to the underslime this weekend. We were by far the best team over 3 years and only walked away with 1 premiership.

As much as I don't want the slime to win the same risk is very real for the Panthers.

thoughts?
It has crossed my mind.

The Goosters experienced a similar thing 2002-04. Only difference, they won the first one then lost two in a row.

This game will be a non event..

NONE of us rated the cowboys as a legitimate top 4 side all season.. they where the team that was going well but weren’t really upto the standard of “real “ top teams…
And ide say sharks were the same to most ppl..

So eels got beaten by the panthers.. had a good win against a raiders team that were just making up the numbers, and then scraped past a team none of us really rated as a top side..

Penny by plenty… it won’t even be a competition… eels will be looking around in amazement at finally making a gf while penny will be ready for business as usual

This game will be a non event..

NONE of us rated the cowboys as a legitimate top 4 side all season.. they where the team that was going well but weren’t really upto the standard of “real “ top teams…
And ide say sharks were the same to most ppl..

So eels got beaten by the panthers.. had a good win against a raiders team that were just making up the numbers, and then scraped past a team none of us really rated as a top side..

Penny by plenty… it won’t even be a competition… eels will be looking around in amazement at finally making a gf while penny will be ready for business as usual
That’s often a big part of it , I remember in 2008 at a MWTS function we had an injured player come along ( I think it was Jason King ) and he said how the 2007 GF week build up was very exciting but that excitement did hinder their preparations somewhat.

And then I ran into Kingie at the post match function at the Leagues club after the 2008 GF and reminded him of that conversation and he said “ this year was very very different , elation at making it but none of that other stuff got in the way “.

I seriously think this is why “ you have to lose one to win one “ scenario comes into play.

Last edited:
As you would expect the game is now a sellout.

The only time of any NRL year that the seating capacity of the Olympic Stadium is tested.

With Panthers at full strength they’ll be raging hot favourites for this game.

Dunno , maybe a bad thing.

Although weren’t they professional last night when down 0-12, just got back to doing what they do , no panic , no head dropping.

Gee our side could learn a thing or two from that attitude.
20368E2A-C3B3-4650-BD60-C9AE24546701.jpeg

Still makes me sad we let him go (understand the reasoning) but glad he has gone from strength to strength.

C35992B2-FC09-49BB-BC21-97BC7AA65637.jpeg

They are building a dynasty, good luck to them and hope they keep that 36year dynasty intact at Parra

We should have kept him... Mac the knife isn't likely to play first grade ever again.
Agree, but at the time Fainu was the future, salary cap etc. Unfortunately hindsight is only available after a decision is made. Always liked Api as a player. But back to your point, yes we fkd up and have been paying for it ever since the incident. Worse still there was no contingency put in place if Manase was found guilty which has put us even further behind the top teams. Croker was only a stop gap solution.

Reckon a physical start and Eels will try match the early contacts and just might.
First half to be a slug fest with most impact to be made right throught the middle sector and only shifts after winning momentum......key also Cleary/Moses to try kick the opposition back 3 into errors and basically ambush them in corners to own field position and Win errors.
Second half as the game opens up and both teams have a better flow, Penrith to run away and Win 11 - 20 points.....in simple terms - "just too good"
Eels only chance is to play through Penrith, not around them and offloads and 2nd phase, plus "Perfect" kicking game from Moses and high intensity defence for 80.....but personally see Penrith 11-20 and to you punters , the Maxta Tip is -

Penrith 11 - 20
To'o try
Tago try
Sivo try

And remember - bet responsibly :wait:
It's gamble responsibly, and remember to set a betting limit :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

NYEagle

I think Taylan May is a big out for the Panthers who will miss his yardage from their own end. The Eels forwards can definitely match it with the Panthers. Moses needs to match Cleary's kicking game and the Eels as a team need to minimize their errors. I won't be surprised whichever way this game pans out. IMO, there are three possible scenarios: Panthers tight win; Panthers comfortable win; Eels tight win. Of course, an early injury to a key player on either side (esp. the Eels) could be a game changer.

I'm no gambler but Shaun Lane at $22 for the CCM has my wallet burning nearly hotter than my rage for our recruitment and retention letting him go when he was already well established.

I really hate how Mario Tartak, who I will continue to mention by name until his influence is widely understood, is destroying our clubs ability to build a balanced roster through his contract negotiation and management tactics that are crippling our cap more than the big 3 ever have.

Good to see Nathan Brown, who has toiled for Parra for years got a run over "mail it in" Cartwright.

NYEagle
Do you think Brown was sidelined for 12 weeks because the coach thought he was the Nathan Brown writing the internal review of the club?;)

We should have kept him... Mac the knife isn't likely to play first grade ever again.

I've got a better chance of playing first grade than stabby boy.

While we couldn't have known it at the time, how bad a decision was it letting Api go ?

Anyone have Doc Brown's number ?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4