Grand Final 22 Panthers v Eels

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fainu's proclivities were well known at 1 Eels Pl in his junior days.
Fainu deserves all the criticism he receives. However, he captained our premiership winning Holden Cup team in 2017 & was an oustanding footballer. It's such a shame that foolishness cut short what could have been a wonderful career.

Fainu deserves all the criticism he receives. However, he captained our premiership winning Holden Cup team in 2017 & was an oustanding footballer. It's such a shame that foolishness cut short what could have been a wonderful career.
If I'm not mistaken he was Captain of the winning Holden Cup team, so Manly officials must have thought highly of him holistically, not just as a good footballer.

If I'm not mistaken he was Captain of the winning Holden Cup team, so Manly officials must have thought highly of him holistically, not just as a good footballer.
Yes, I mentioned this is my post. He was praised for his leadership qualities and touted by some as a future Sea Eagles captain. I understand he is well liked within the current playing group. If only he & his family had been relocated to Elanora Heights a year earlier .... :rolleyes:

It's such a shame that foolishness cut short what could have been a wonderful career
Take your point about him having been highly regarded but making a flippant Silvertails post or wearing a crazy mullet or a Kikau hairstyle is 'foolishness'.
Stabbing someone in the back and slashing their face is a whole different thing.
The kid is paying a horrendous price for it now but on the other hand he could have killed the bloke. If he gets up on appeal we can revisit this but as it stands he is a convicted stabber and that can't be excused as some here try to do as 'oh well everyone makes mistakes when they're young'.

Parra are our long time mortal enemies...so why the **** am i gonna be cheering for them you ask?
I don't why, but the hate for them has subsided a little this year.'
maybe because they are playing so much better than us at the moment and that I think they actually deserve to win it for once...finally hahaha
Plus, I'm a little sick of the smug Panthers winning all the time.
Either way, at least they're Sydney based teams and not Queenslanders

Stabbing someone in the back and slashing their face is a whole different thing.
I still have a question mark about the conviction as it seemed odd that the evidence presented made it such an open and shut case. From all reports, the episode was very much out of character as Fainu had no history of violent behaviour. Of course, there may be no grounds at all for an appeal, in which case, his status will remain as a convicted felon.

In general, my position on life is that an evil action doesn't make one an evil person. I'm sure this is how Fainu's family & friends feel. If a member of our family or a close friend did something dastardly, we would more than likely continue to support and love that person.

This is a Rugby League forum and apart from mutual support for the Sea Eagles, members will possibly have very divergent views on wider aspects of life. On occasions, members may have a strong view about particular issues and expect that everyone should think the same way. However, life never quite works like this...

Parra are our long time mortal enemies...so why the **** am i gonna be cheering for them you ask?
I don't why, but the hate for them has subsided a little this year.'
maybe because they are playing so much better than us at the moment and that I think they actually deserve to win it for once...finally hahaha
Plus, I'm a little sick of the smug Panthers winning all the time.
Either way, at least they're Sydney based teams and not Queenslanders
Yep I'm the same, though as my wife told me, "as soon as you see Gutherson and Mosses carrying on, you'll be all on Penrith"
Haha I think she knows me to well.

Is our first trial game in 2023 against the tigers or the sharks

Any one out there know ?

Last edited:
In general, my position on life is that an evil action doesn't make one an evil person. I'm sure this is how Fainu's family & friends feel. If a member of our family or a close friend did something dastardly, we would more than likely continue to support and love that person.
Yes I agree. And I don't believe in 'evil', (a concept reintroduced to popular usage by Dubya and his axis of evil, but better left in Marvel comicbooks or religious sermons).

My comment was just about describing his actions as 'foolishness' as it (to me) tends to minimise the seriousness of what he did. Eg, far worse than Matt Lodge's apalling rampage. (but you may not agree.)

But given he hasn't expressed any remorse I expect the judge to slam him with a significant sentence.
As you say, he might be able to appeal, but I wouldn't hazard a guess as to his prospects.

Yes I agree. And I don't believe in 'evil', (a concept reintroduced to popular usage by Dubya and his axis of evil, but better left in Marvel comicbooks or religious sermons).

My comment was just about describing his actions as 'foolishness' as it (to me) tends to minimise the seriousness of what he did. Eg, far worse than Matt Lodge's apalling rampage. You may not agree.

But given he hasn't expressed any remorse I expect the judge to slam him with a significant sentence.
As you say, he might be able to appeal, but I wouldn't hazard a guess as to his prospects.
Why would anyone express remorse of guilt if they were to appeal and defend their innocence?

Whether one believes in the Word Evil its meaning does exist as wrong doing and wickedness also exists in human nature

Why would anyone express remorse of guilt if they were to appeal and defend their innocence?
I agree, if you maintain your innocence you would not express any remorse. I'm simply pointing out that he'll be sentenced as someone who hasn't expressed any remorse, so won't be given leniency like someone who says "oops I stuffed up I'm really sorry".
(He can't appeal the conviction until after he is sentenced)

Whether one believes in the Word Evil its meaning does exist as wrong doing and wickedness also exists in human nature
I believe the word exists but I don't believe in the concept. An evil person. An evil country in the Axis of Evil. It puts things into a childish dichotomy of good v evil which despite your assertion about human nature, does not exist. Haven't you ever watched all the old westerns featuring good baddies and bad goodies? @:D

I believe the word exists but I don't believe in the concept. An evil person. An evil country in the Axis of Evil. It puts things into a childish dichotomy of good v evil which despite your assertion about human nature, does not exist. Haven't you ever watched all the old westerns featuring good baddies and bad goodies? @:D
Everything is perceived different by each person

And my perception is that Human nature is the behavioural traits of each person and we all make our own choices in how we behave in good or bad knowing the consequences

AS for the cowboy westerns my favourite was the Cisco kid and he fought all the Evil guys :)

See the source image

Getting back on topic (I know, how dare I ?), the Squeels are slight drifters out to $3.10 H2H.

I had some on Penrith 13+ last week at $2.30. This week they're paying $2.35 so the bookies seem to think Parramatta have about the same chance Souths did.

I think they're probably a slightly greater threat but I'm thinking the occasion might get to them a bit. One things for sure, if they trail by 8 at the same time they did against the Cows, there'll be no escaping. Penrith will strangle them out of it from there.

AS for the cowboy westerns my favourite was the Cisco kid and he fought all the Evil guys :)
Haha great picture!
I have only the vaguest memory of Cisco - just Pancho's accent really!! @:D
but Wikipedia... "Cisco and Pancho were technically desperados wanted for unspecified crimes, but were viewed by the poor as Robin Hood figures who assisted the downtrodden when law enforcement officers proved corrupt or unwilling to help...

Which would make them good baddies!! I rest my case, lol :)

Haha great picture!
I have only the vaguest memory of Cisco - just Pancho's accent really!! @:D
but Wikipedia... "Cisco and Pancho were technically desperados wanted for unspecified crimes, but were viewed by the poor as Robin Hood figures who assisted the downtrodden when law enforcement officers proved corrupt or unwilling to help...

Which would make them good baddies!! I rest my case, lol :)
I used to watch Cisco and Puncho the Western Wogs on abc tv channel 2

You have caught me out with your facts and you are 100 % correct that they were good baddies and I stand corrected :)

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6