Gorman on Radio

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Here are the below off contract via Zero Tackle:

Lewis Brown, Lachlan Croker, Jack Gosiewski, Jackson Hastings, Brian Kelly, Apisai Koroisau, Shaun Lane, Curtis Sironen, Kelepi Tanginoa, Akuila Uate, Jonathan Wright

I could imagine Brown, Croker, Hastings, Uate and Wright would all certainly not be getting an extension.

Of those, I'd say Jetski, Kelly, Api (I thought he'd already resigned?) & Lane have been showing enough effort to suggest they're playing for a new contract at Manly.

Siro & Tangles too despite being injured now.

Agreed on the rest.

Just listening to Gorman on the radio this morning (I'll look to post a link when I can).

+ Confirmed that after the Titans match, the group had a few beers. Barrett then told the team they weren't to head out, yet 5 of the team did ending up at The Boardroom strip club.

You know what.

Drop those guys for a couple of weeks, suspend thier high salaries, and make them go work labouring for URM, to appreciate the fact they get to play footy for a living.

Mabye, just mabye, they will see how good they have it to get paid a six figure salary to play footy.

What do you think he was fined for?
Getting into a fight with a team mate and damaging a hotel in the process would be a good reason to fine him regardless of wether or not he went out. DCE and Barrett may actually be protecting Hastings and copping it themselves by not naming him and the other players. This story does not make sense any other way. If DCE went on the beer after Barrett said not to, then I would hope Barrett would have the balls to take the Captaincy off him. It just sounds to me like Hastings may have led a couple of the younger squad members off on the beer and that was what the altercation and Barrett's subsequent press conference and dropping was about. Everyone is reading it as though DCE was included and Barrett is covering it up, which may not be the case.

If DCE was out on the beer then they should throw the book at him, Im not convinced he was.

I heard early this morning on the radio (but not Gorman) that after the game the boys went to the pub for a few beers and a feed and TB told them to have an early night and not to head out (as @Mitch quotes here). However, 5 players went to the strip club, including DCE!
This is a dreadful look and shows what little respect they have for TB and as for DCE, it beggars belief.
I thought the fine imposed on DCE was for the hotel room incident with Hastings. What I don't understand (which I said in another thread) is why he wasn't stripped of the captaincy as he's abused that role and set a bad example. I get why he wasn't dropped and the fine's a drop in the ocean to him but he shouldn't be the captain of our club!

Why aren't we entitled to know who the 5 are? Might explain some serious form declines of late. If its only 5, I am even more dumbfounded that one looks to be our captain. In any event, we clearly have a divided player group and there doesn't appear to be an answer/fix. The more you look at it, DCE looks like the destructive influence, not JH. If the Captain can't unite the playing group, should he still be captain? That's the only circuit breaker I can see - make Jake or someone Captain and let DCE "focus on his own game".
Are you serious? DCE is destructive??? what? How??

If Trent Barrett has told the team that they were not to go out and they defied that order, then the players responsible should have been dropped. The place badly needs discipline and the coach needs to demand respect!!
Well said mate. Although I agree with you but in reality the coach can only do so much as I think he is demanding discipline by dropping Hastings anyway. Like you said “Trent has told the team not to go out” Well after being told that I would think that the ball lays in the players court. Wouldn’t people agree with that.The way some are talking about Trent on here is as if he needs to gag them and tie them up strapped to a chair. Now we can have a good laugh about that but in reality again it’s not going to happen.In cases like this the buck stops with the players and if they can’t get that into their heads well it’s no use people holding Trent responsible because I really can’t see how he is.To me he has a job to do and he,s doing it.Like I said in another post as far as coaching tactics go on field I know nothing about but as far as off field goes it’s a matter of principle and Trent has no power to make their decisions for them.Trent has come out and said it has been building up for a while so it’s a lifestyle problem and most lifestyle problems come from discipline and refusal to do what they should or should not be doing off field. Now I am saying this only if the players have been told not to go out.

Yesterday’s presser when DCE was asked about Hastings was the second time TB cut in saying, I’ll answer that, or there’ll be no more said about it.
It really seems to bug the man, & why wouldn’t it...

I heard early this morning on the radio (but not Gorman) that after the game the boys went to the pub for a few beers and a feed and TB told them to have an early night and not to head out (as @Mitch quotes here). However, 5 players went to the strip club, including DCE!
This is a dreadful look and shows what little respect they have for TB and as for DCE, it beggars belief.
I thought the fine imposed on DCE was for the hotel room incident with Hastings. What I don't understand (which I said in another thread) is why he wasn't stripped of the captaincy as he's abused that role and set a bad example. I get why he wasn't dropped and the fine's a drop in the ocean to him but he shouldn't be the captain of our club!
How do you know DCE was out? Lyall Gorman didn't say DCE was one of the five. He just said he was fined because he made poor leadership choices, that could mean anything.

Lewis Brown, Lachlan Croker, Jack Gosiewski, Jackson Hastings, Brian Kelly, Apisai Koroisau, Shaun Lane, Curtis Sironen, Kelepi Tanginoa, Akuila Uate, Jonathan Wright

Brown, Uate, J Wright and Croker certainly need to go.

We definitely need an organizing half or 5/8 to complement DCE. I can only imagine how much better we would be going this year if we had a Maloney, Cleary, Widdop, Adam Reynolds e.g. And a mobile prop is a must. In the Jessee Bromich, Sam Burgess, R Campbell-Gillard category.

It has been reported as well that they had club security with them at the Strip Club.

So after Barrett said not to go out, 5 did and also had employed club staff go with them?

Fair dinkum it is hard to make sense of any of this.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4