Gorman on Radio

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mitch

Bencher
Just listening to Gorman on the radio this morning (I'll look to post a link when I can).

A few key points:

+ Confirmed that after the Titans match, the group had a few beers. Barrett then told the team they weren't to head out, yet 5 of the team did ending up at The Boardroom strip club.

+ Mentioned that Hastings hasn't been banished to BWSE for the remainder of the year, and as Trent said yesterday the team will be pick on a week by week basis.

+ When quizzed on the salary cap he said they are still waiting on whether they will be given an opportunity to appeal.

+ He also said when looking at their roster there are a number of players off contract this year that they won't be offering another deal to and they will (or in Lussick's case have) afforded them the knowledge of this so they can look to further plan their next career move.

Just listening to Gorman on the radio this morning (I'll look to post a link when I can).

A few key points:

+ Confirmed that after the Titans match, the group had a few beers. Barrett then told the team they weren't to head out, yet 5 of the team did ending up at The Boardroom strip club.

+ Mentioned that Hastings hasn't been banished to BWSE for the remainder of the year, and as Trent said yesterday the team will be pick on a week by week basis.

+ When quizzed on the salary cap he said they are still waiting on whether they will be given an opportunity to appeal.

+ He also said when looking at their roster there are a number of players off contract this year that they won't be offering another deal to and they will (or in Lussick's case have) afforded them the knowledge of this so they can look to further plan their next career move.
If Trent Barrett has told the team that they were not to go out and they defied that order, then the players responsible should have been dropped. The place badly needs discipline and the coach needs to demand respect!!

During the presser after the Parramatta game TB left me with a clear impression he is responsible for the Hastings decision and he is the one that picks the team each week. Well then the buck stops with him. His decision to jump into the presser mid week last week was just as genius as DCE's decision to confront Hasting after coming back from the strip club at 1.00am. TB's brash statement at the after game presser yesterday that he wouldn't be answering any more questions about Hastings just highlighted his petulance. He seems to think he can make any decision he likes and tell everybody there's nothing to see here. Well he is wrong dead wrong. The mentality of treating people like sausage roll eating keyboard idiots is a fatal flaw. If TB doesn't sort this mess out this will probably be his last first grade coaching gig and this might be his last year as a first grade coach. if we continue to dish this crap up for the rest of the year his position will be untenable. At the moment he looks like he has lost a large part of the playing group. The crazy thing in all of this is that Hastings is not surplus to our needs and we need him now. When people see their work colleagues being treated badly they start asking themselves will I be next?

If Trent Barrett has told the team that they were not to go out and they defied that order, then the players responsible should have been dropped. The place badly needs discipline and the coach needs to demand respect!!

Problem is, in our current cap and roster situation, if we dropped 5 players for that, we'd have a team of maybe 15 players to turn up to the next game.

With a full squad of 30 players it would be a different story of course....

For the five that went to strip club.
I hope the boobies were worth it and were real not silicon. They’d want to be for the crap that it has caused.

Did they really have to go to the board room they could of taken some beer up to their rooms and logged on to redtube for the same result.

Gee we are more of a basket case at the moment then the Gift, Choc and Foz dramas.

The club needs to start making some tough decisions, otherwise we are headed for the spoon.

If players are told they are moving on, then you would think they would be fighting harder for a contract, however the opposite might be occurring.

I wonder who the players are. One would have to be Poo.

Im not surprised that the CEO and Barrett have a few differing views. Its been the Manly way for some time. Its not that uncommon for middle management and the exec to have differing views.

This means that the narrative has changed. This is serious! Who were the players that went out? Because if it was Hastings and his buddies that went out and went to a strip club and DCE didn't go out but came to the room when they got home to hammer them for risking the clubs reputation and in the process got in a fight with Hastings then that is very different and DCE should be applauded and Hastings dropped. But if DCE went out and got drunk and started a fight with Hastings on the way home after Barrett saying not to, then that has huge ramifications when a captain disobeys a coach and goes on the drink. Im starting to think it is the first scenario because it is the only one that makes any sense as to why they dropped Hastings.

Gee we are more of a basket case at the moment then the Gift, Choc and Foz dramas.

The club needs to start making some tough decisions, otherwise we are headed for the spoon.

If players are told they are moving on, then you would think they would be fighting harder for a contract, however the opposite might be occurring.

I wonder who the players are. One would have to be Poo.

Im not surprised that the CEO and Barrett have a few differing views. Its been the Manly way for some time. Its not that uncommon for middle management and the exec to have differing views.

Here are the below off contract via Zero Tackle:

Lewis Brown, Lachlan Croker, Jack Gosiewski, Jackson Hastings, Brian Kelly, Apisai Koroisau, Shaun Lane, Curtis Sironen, Kelepi Tanginoa, Akuila Uate, Jonathan Wright

I could imagine Brown, Croker, Hastings, Uate and Wright would all certainly not be getting an extension.

is means that the narrative has changed. This is serious! Who were the players that went out? Because if it was Hastings and his buddies that went out and went to a strip club and DCE didn't go out but came to the room when they got home to hammer them for risking the clubs reputation and in the process got in a fight with Hastings then that is very different and DCE should be applauded and Hastings dropped. But if DCE went out and got drunk and started a fight with Hastings on the way home after Barrett saying not to, then that has huge ramifications when a captain disobeys a coach and goes on the drink. Im starting to think it is the first scenario because it is the only one that makes any sense as to why they dropped Hastings.
DCE was 1 of the 5

Of that list I would keep api, kelly, siro and Tanginoa
I agree.. with the possibility of Lane and Kelly. I’m stumped on Kelly. Very rocks and diamonds. Although credit where it’s due. He has been a big improver in last year. But has had a couple of shockers, mainly the titans game

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8