Gordon Chan Kum Tong

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah CBD oil became legal last year, not all GPs will prescribe, it's unbelievable for arthritis, my orthapedic surgeon says nearly everyone he sees now who can afford it raves about it the way I do. And I'm 43 having both knees replaced on Friday gone from fifty panadene forte a month to zero and can get up and down off the floor and sleep like a baby
All sounds good, but would it register as a cannabis positive in a roadside saliva test?.

thats a bit harsh woodsie had a illustrious a playing and coaching career in his mind just ask him

Crocker was also second in missed tackles in 2022
Yes, but stats out of context don't give the full picture.
When you couple that with the tackles he makes - 40-50 - a game then he's missing on average 1 in 10 which is more than acceptable.

Yes, but stats out of context don't give the full picture.
When you couple that with the tackles he makes - 40-50 - a game then he's missing on average 1 in 10 which is more than acceptable.
The stats on 'missed tackles' are a poor metric on how good a defender is. Jake gets the odd missed tackle but it's his tackle efficiency that makes him one of the best middle defenders in the NRL. Croker is Jakes equal in tackle efficiency, no one else in our middle can hold a candle to them.

The stats on 'missed tackles' are a poor metric on how good a defender is. Jake gets the odd missed tackle but it's his tackle efficiency that makes him one of the best middle defenders in the NRL. Croker is Jakes equal in tackle efficiency, no one else in our middle can hold a candle to them.
I dont want to sound like Im nitpicking, but Croker did miss that tackle on Dylan Brown which led to the try by Hodgson. Im not saying Croker is an overall bad hooker, but against the likes of Cheese, Grant, Cook, Mahoney, Api,etc ....he gets exposed pretty badly. In the first game Mahoney had a real field day against him. In the eels game, a substandard game would be somewhat overlooked, if he was consistently good, but I think hes had his time in the sun and its time to give some of his minutes to Weekes / GCKT.

I dont want to sound like Im nitpicking, but Croker did miss that tackle on Dylan Brown which led to the try by Hodgson. Im not saying Croker is an overall bad hooker, but against the likes of Cheese, Grant, Cook, Mahoney, Api,etc ....he gets exposed pretty badly. In the first game Mahoney had a real field day against him. In the eels game, a substandard game would be somewhat overlooked, if he was consistently good, but I think hes had his time in the sun and its time to give some of his minutes to Weekes / GCKT.
Not nitpicking at all. Completely agree that Croker can't make 40 tackles and play 80 whilst providing the service we need from hooker.

All those guys you named are on at least double what Froggy is being paid. Weekes has come into hooker a few times already and I expect GCKT will be in the mix come R11.

Not nitpicking at all. Completely agree that Croker can't make 40 tackles and play 80 whilst providing the service we need from hooker.

All those guys you named are on at least double what Froggy is being paid. Weekes has come into hooker a few times already and I expect GCKT will be in the mix come R11.
Weekes hasn't had a chance to shine at nine yet either. He looks really balanced behind the ruck, didn't get long against the dogs and game wasn't open to anything flashy against the Eels, I think he is going to have a break out game there soon against a big pack.

Weekes hasn't had a chance to shine at nine yet either. He looks really balanced behind the ruck, didn't get long against the dogs and game wasn't open to anything flashy against the Eels, I think he is going to have a break out game there soon against a big pack.
I think its hard for Weekes to shine if Turbo and Schuster need the ball in their hands most of the time. Nonetheless Weekes looked great at dummy half and his service was a lot better than Croker's.

I think its hard for Weekes to shine if Turbo and Schuster need the ball in their hands most of the time. Nonetheless Weekes looked great at dummy half and his service was a lot better than Croker's.
Which is weird because, as far as I know, Weekes has never played hooker/dummy half in his career. Throwing him into the position is asking a lot of him (as it was of Croker), so we all need to remember to go easy on him if things go wrong.

I think Gordon is going to be a wonderful asset, and a bit in the Toovey mould.

I think Croker is doing okay. His defence is beyond question, and right out of the Ballin mould. Unfortunately he has lapses in his passing, where a runner almost has to stop to catch the pass, and his choices of which side to pass to, and that’s his lateral vision, or lack thereof.

Lateral vision was what made Cam Smith so good, as he could see about 3 tackles ahead of what was needed and where the Storm needed to attack.

Croker is a safe option.

Interestingly, I haven’t seen anything about Nase’s appeal. Mestrov will need to manage whatever happens there very carefully, as Tartak is his manager, as he is for his 3 brothers, and unfortunately, other good, and potentially good players at Manly.

Mestrov claims Fifita wants to stay, so, it’s more likely to be all about money, and Tartak’s ‘cut’. “I make you more money, I make me more money.”

I think Gordon is going to be a wonderful asset, and a bit in the Toovey mould.

I think Croker is doing okay. His defence is beyond question, and right out of the Ballin mould. Unfortunately he has lapses in his passing, where a runner almost has to stop to catch the pass, and his choices of which side to pass to, and that’s his lateral vision, or lack thereof.

Lateral vision was what made Cam Smith so good, as he could see about 3 tackles ahead of what was needed and where the Storm needed to attack.

Croker is a safe option.

Interestingly, I haven’t seen anything about Nase’s appeal. Mestrov will need to manage whatever happens there very carefully, as Tartak is his manager, as he is for his 3 brothers, and unfortunately, other good, and potentially good players at Manly.

Mestrov claims Fifita wants to stay, so, it’s more likely to be all about money, and Tartak’s ‘cut’. “I make you more money, I make me more money.”
My concern about Croker is that if he's still getting bulk minutes for mediocre performances, then other teams may swoop on Weekes / GCKT and both those two guys are offered significantly minutes at the other club. Suppose if you were Weekes / GCKT and Croker is still getting picked for playing very average football then it would seem a little frustrating and a change of scenery might be the best move.

My concern about Croker is that if he's still getting bulk minutes for mediocre performances, then other teams may swoop on Weekes / GCKT and both those two guys are offered significantly minutes at the other club. Suppose if you were Weekes / GCKT and Croker is still getting picked for playing very average football then it would seem a little frustrating and a change of scenery might be the best move.
Do we know the status of Weekes contractually beyond 2023? Why hasn't Manly extended him or why hasn't another club swooped on him?

Do we know the status of Weekes contractually beyond 2023? Why hasn't Manly extended him or why hasn't another club swooped on him?

I would bet the club has made him an offer .. But if you're Weekes, Would you sign a contract at the price the club would offer you after a couple of cameo performances ?

He's backing himself to be worth double by the end of the year .

My concern about Croker is that if he's still getting bulk minutes for mediocre performances
I think you'll find that Croker has the respect and backing of the Manly senior playing group - which would not be the case if his on-field efforts were viewed by them as 'mediocre'.

I'll agree that he is not the most dynamic attacking hooker to be had in the NRL - but the rest of his game is above average. He's also probably not on the coin of Harry Grant, Brandon Smith or Damien Cook, and having him on the books hopefully helps to keep all this young emerging talent (which we all like to go on about) at the club.

Last edited:
I think you'll find that Croker has the respect and backing of the Manly senior playing group - which would not be the case if his on-field efforts were viewed by them as 'mediocre'.

I'll agree that he is not the most dynamic attacking hooker to be had in the NRL - but the rest of his game is above average. He's also probably not on the coin of Harry Grant, Brandon Smith or Damien Cook, and having him on the books hopefully helps to keep all this young emerging talent (which we all like to go on about) at the club.
Except the emerging talent need some time on the field.

All sounds good, but would it register as a cannabis positive in a roadside saliva test?.
Damn - I make a habit of going to the last page of a thread I haven't read for a while to see what's happening

Top of my page 19 is reference to positive roadside drugs test - a fair 1+1 = GCKT done for roadside drugs test. a few anxious moments scrolling and searching followed

Last edited:
GCKT starting for Blacktown on Saturday. The first grade arrival is impending on us, hope he kills it this week. Game is also on fox at 3pm, so let's tune in to see how he goes. Most likely Blacktown will get pumped but we are here to see how our future superstar 9 goes.

GCKT starting for Blacktown on Saturday. The first grade arrival is impending on us, hope he kills it this week. Game is also on fox at 3pm, so let's tune in to see how he goes. Most likely Blacktown will get pumped but we are here to see how our future superstar 9 goes.
He was named to start last week too.Drop back to the bench when Lawton didn’t get a run in First Grade.Maybe a different story this week given NSW Cup is before FG

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2