Gordon Chan Kum Tong

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think Manase was better in attack... not sure about defense..but that ship has passed and I am liking what I see in Gordon
I think Gordie's a better organiser and his attack is still pretty sharp. Defence good too.

I dont think it's panic stations if Gordie remains on a development. He has looked great but its early. No harm in him having a stint at Blacktown.

And if Croker gets injured we would likely get an exemption anyway
Totally agree. An NRL season is long and tiring, especially for a young guy playing hooker. I actually like the idea of him spending a bit of time in reserves to keep learning his trade against adults (he was injured a lot last year from memory), and having him come into the team later in the year as that x-factor that can take our game to the next level.

His time will come, but it doesn’t have to be Round 1.

Honestly I’d be punting someone to get him into the 30. Maybe just let Parra take Morgan?

Anyway by seasons end he’ll be our permanent 9..
What's the situation with Roache is he on a train and trial or in the 30man squad, or more to the point can he be replaced. I believe he's out injured atm.

Finally, the club has a genuine hooker! Love froggy but he is still learning the craft and we’re not going to win a comp with a hooker that’s still learning.
Gordon is a remarkable talent. The way he jumps out and engages the defence while getting our forwards on the front foot is something we haven’t had in a long time.

Finally, the club has a genuine hooker! Love froggy but he is still learning the craft and we’re not going to win a comp with a hooker that’s still learning.
Gordon is a remarkable talent. The way he jumps out and engages the defence while getting our forwards on the front foot is something we haven’t had in a long time.
It was very noticeable

I'd love to see gordo and croker used like ballin and lestranger. Let croker do the hard defensive work for the first 25-30 before letting gordo come on and let rip
I 100% agree with the vision however I feel like Weekes makes a perfect #14. If so do you see us getting away with 2 smaller players on the bench?

Could have been a bit of a pointer with Zac Fulton playing at 9 for a spell against the Roosters . Weekes obviously has had no trial time there [ 9 ] and can 't see that changing with him being considered as a back up there . Zac also naturally being able to cover back row and Keppie if selected as a 13 can always move to prop . Different matter if Gordie was available from the get go . Lawton returning and match fit will alter the equation again to cover 9 . Will be interesting to see how Roache goes when he is available again .

Zac Fulton is ordinary. Not first grade standard. He may well develop, but just not this year. Send him to Blacktown.

Honestly I’d be punting someone to get him into the 30. Maybe just let Parra take Morgan?

Anyway by seasons end he’ll be our permanent 9..
We need to trade someone out , without a replacement, to get him in .

Easier said than done at this point.

Could have been a bit of a pointer with Zac Fulton playing at 9 for a spell against the Roosters . Weekes obviously has had no trial time there [ 9 ] and can 't see that changing with him being considered as a back up there . Zac also naturally being able to cover back row and Keppie if selected as a 13 can always move to prop . Different matter if Gordie was available from the get go . Lawton returning and match fit will alter the equation again to cover 9 . Will be interesting to see how Roache goes when he is available again .
Hope not he was pretty awful at hooker. Poor Zac.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8