Gordon Chan Kum Tong

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well sounds like May this year will be an interesting month. Both Gordon and Latu eligible to play NRL. Latu already in the 30 and as we have all seen, Gordon needs to be found a slot. Gordon and Froggy will make for a dynamic combination duo. Latu backup to the Shu. Kao....I reckon will be in that left centre position or (hopefully not) at fullback. Wow that's a lot talented speed to burn right there.

Compare all that folks to our last NRL game. Now that is what I call a contrast!!!

The interesting thing will be how Croker approaches the next few weeks. He now knows theres talented competition breathing down his neck, the coaching staff like Des before them obviously see him as a steady reliable choice and he'll be given every opportunity to lock down the spot again this year.

We shouldn't under estimate the significant difference a nippy number 9 makes to the whole side. Round 1 against the dogs will be a good opportunity to see if Croker can provide the same threat around the middle of the ruck. I expect under Des he was give instructions to pass it and the bulk of his energy was expended being a tackling machine in a pack getting run over far too often. Not starting the season with Gordon in the 30 was a poor judgment no doubt about it.

Anyone know when Latu turns 18? Might not be until later in the year.
Latu's 18 at the end of May. Still reckon he'd only be used as a last resort though being so young, but good to have him there just incase.

It's weird to me that he's in top 30 when he would have to get permission to play, whilst GCKT is in the development squad? I know they're two totally different positions but would make more sense to prioritise Gordie for the first 10 rounds. why did we prioritise a 17 year old that can't legally play until round 13 anyways in a position where we have Schuster, Weekes, Johns, over a 21 year old in position we don't even have a real hooker in? Weird

Last edited:
why did we prioritise a 17 year old that can't legally play until round 13 anyways in a position where we have Schuster, Weekes, Johns, over a 21 year old in position we don't even have a real hooker in? Weird

Ella ... behave ... Froggy is a real hooker ... he's played over 60 first grade games there .. and got the players player award last year at hooker ...

Froggy is a real hooker
He's a whole hearted fearless player whose best position is possibly utility (IMO). He is not an instinctual dummy half in the mode of Api, Grant, Cook, Brailey, Chan Kum Tong & others. It will be interesting to see if his playing style changes under the new coaches.

He's a whole hearted fearless player whose best position is possibly utility (IMO). He is not an instinctual dummy half in the mode of Api, Grant, Cook, Brailey, Chan Kum Tong & others. It will be interesting to see if his playing style changes under the new coaches.

His play has improved every year ... and I'm predicting it will go to a higher level this year ... the basics are now second nature to him, look for him to start being more expansive with more kicking.

ALL HAIL FROGGY ..

His play has improved every year ... and I'm predicting it will go to a higher level this year ... the basics are now second nature to him, look for him to start being more expansive with more kicking.

ALL HAIL FROGGY ..
Speaking of dummy halves kicking, how about Gordie putting up that kick for our first try vs Chooks. The commentator said it was him but I didn't believe it till I went back and checked. Up against a formidable pack and the worlds best player (allegedly) but no nerves or playing within himself. Very good sign.

Hahaha don't get me wrong, I love Crokes and want both him and Gordie in the side! But if Crokes went down in round 1, we're screweeeddddd

Seems like Nat Roach is a forgotten man .. he may have a point to prove as well ...

Seibold, in the interview with Weidler, said he'd never seen Gordon play before these trials (maybe a reason he's not in the top 30 this year?). He also said it's likely, due to dispensations, that he'll be selected in the 22 before Rd 11.

@Woodsie, Seibold mentioned that the club has a great hooker in Lachlan Croker.

Balancing the salary cap may be another reason Gordon is not in the top 30. There is $650k available for development players. Of that, perhaps Gordon & Humphreys are on $200k each and players like Boyle are on the minimum $150k for top 30?

Seibold, in the interview with Weidler, said he'd never seen Gordon play before these trials (maybe a reason he's not in the top 30 this year?). He also said it's likely, due to dispensations, that he'll be selected in the 22 before Rd 11.

@Woodsie, Seibold mentioned that the club has a great hooker in Lachlan Croker.

Balancing the salary cap may be another reason Gordon is not in the top 30. There is $650k available for development players. Of that, perhaps Gordon & Humphreys are on $200k each and players like Boyle are on the minimum $150k for top 30?
Cap for development has only gone to $650k this year. Last year it was only $240k. Gordon and Humphreys would definitely be on less than $100k. This is probably the reason that Latu had to be upgraded to top 30 upon signing his new deal.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2