Glenn Stewart return

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
bob dylan said:
Did we ever work out why he was sin binned at The Battle of Brookvale?

I will never forget Hadley on the radio the next morning saying what a disgrace the Stewarts are and how they should be suspended long term. That was they day my hate for him was born.

I took an instant dislike to Hadley the first time I heard him speak. The biggest bully on radio I have ever heard. I'm not a violent man but there are some people you just have the urge to punch. He fits the bill perfectly.

bob dylan said:

I will never forget Hadley on the radio the next morning saying what a disgrace the Stewarts are and how they should be suspended long term. That was they day my hate for him was born.

IIRC Gifty was binned for running in some distance to get involved with Adam Blair in the Battle of Brookvale. And I still laugh whenever I watch a replay of that and hear Wally Lewis on the sideline questioning why Blair was sent off, claiming that all he did was use his head against the fists of Manly players. Apparently (according to Wally's way of looking at things), Blair didn't do anything and just stood there getting hit....didn't throw a punch or anything....apparently.

Hadley claiming someone else is a disgrace? That'll do me.......

If ever anyone needed a reason to love Glenn (not that you should) this is enough for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkxoZJvtz7A
or this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8yCfJP3b3I

I understand that he is gone, and I understand why, but the fact still remains that Glenn is an out and out champion. You can't train someone to be a big game player, you're born with it, and it takes a certain temperament, and a desire to win and be the best you can be. Glenn is a big game player, and that is going to be the hardest thing to replace, outside of his ball playing and bone crushing defence.

Frank said:
bob dylan said:

I took an instant dislike to Hadley the first time I heard him speak. The biggest bully on radio I have ever heard. I'm not a violent man but there are some people you just have the urge to punch. He fits the bill perfectly.

Have you not listened to Alan Jones? He is one Toe Jam I would love to smash

oh get over it already. I cannot believe the amount of fuss that has been made over this decision, it reflects badly on everybody.

Mals said:
I hope Gift does a slow lap of Brookie after our last home game against the Panthers. Would love to be down at the fence and shake the great man's hand for his wonderful service to our club :)
When is he back?

Jerry1 said:
Mals said:
I hope Gift does a slow lap of Brookie after our last home game against the Panthers. Would love to be down at the fence and shake the great man's hand for his wonderful service to our club :)
When is he back?

No one knows but he doesn't need to be in our playing strip for the slow lap.

Dave Eagle said:
Frank said:
bob dylan said:

Have you not listened to Alan Jones? He is one Toe Jam I would love to smash

Don't listen to Jones. I never liked John Laws either, UNLESS he was talking about Jones.

Most broadcasters froth at the mouth. Can't stand it.

Yep, a champion Manly Warringah Sea Eagles player, proud and stoked to have seen him play so well for so long in the Maroon & White.

Sadly, looks like he'll not don our jersey again - next time he takes the field will be the filthy Cardinal & Myrtle one (and when he faces Manly wearing that jersey he's gonna get smashed).

Hope he does do a slow lap around brookie in Rnd25!
Cheers Gifty!
Go Manly.

BOZO said:
Stevo said:
Nah it was Brett that did the running
and Gifty did the punching . Go the Mighty Sea eagles !!! :D

But he never threw a punch before he was sin binned. He threw a few on the way to the bin and was then sent off. He should never have been binned in the first place. Hinchcliffe should have gone instead.

bones said:
BOZO said:
Stevo said:

But he never threw a punch before he was sin binned. He threw a few on the way to the bin and was then sent off. He should never have been binned in the first place. Hinchcliffe should have gone instead.
Here are the facts :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQHXv0W1Los

And there is the proof of what I was referring too, Gift should never of been sin binned in the first place. He never thre a punch in the initial flair up.

BOZO said:
bones said:
BOZO said:
Stevo said:

Here are the facts :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQHXv0W1Los

I was there, good times. Awesome crowd for a Friday night at Brookie too, more than 20000!

A bit late to the party but I just found this extended 2011 GF Highlights video, which has the best quote in it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fdxbnlYAWQ

2:40 for the grubber.

4:13 "...but Glenn Stewart, genius. GENIUS."

Looks like we will be wearing the Pepsi jersey too. Not sure how I feel about that given the performances dished up in it so far!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8