Glenn Stewart return

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Exactly, don't want to fill our salary cap with older guys , time to move on
I get your sentiment. But we signed Ben Kennedy from the knights and he was an injury prone old bloke that prob only had a couple of years left in him. Those couple of years created G. Stewart, Watmough as players. They learned how to go to the next level from Kennedy. As good as having promising youngsters is, you still need that influential player with them to show them what it takes to compete at tat level every week. Glenn is having a Kennedy like effect on Souths but he really could make a difference for us. Its outside of the box stuff. Kite is doing the same for Penrith and that is why they bought him.

Wait till he gets an injury. Remember losing half a season from him over a thumb? That's why they decided to move him on. Hardly sighted last 3 years for manly.

How can you say Glenn is having a Kennedy like effect at souths? they are the premiers (before he arrived) and have lost 3 out of their last 4 games.

I think you are over selling the performance of Gifty

How can you say Glenn is having a Kennedy like effect at souths? they are the premiers (before he arrived) and have lost 3 out of their last 4 games.

I think you are over selling the performance of Gifty
Its not his on field performance its his demeanour and his leadership he has replaced Sam Burgess as the old head in a pretty young forward pack. Thats what i was referring to.

Wait till he gets an injury. Remember losing half a season from him over a thumb? That's why they decided to move him on. Hardly sighted last 3 years for manly.
I know and I actually can see why they moved him on, but i keep going back to Kennedy, he was in exactly the same way came to Manly injury prone and then for us barely missed a game. Glenn's time out last year obviously rejuvenated his body and he may get another 4 years. Surely to god it would be worth trying to get him back on a low but reasonable contract to see him finish with us.

Good luck 2 him if he get's another 4 years but it won't be with us or Souths 2 get that type of deal he will have 2 join the eels.

It would also send a message 2 players (not Gifty) that they can act like spoilt brats and get their way.

We need a clean start and I hope Bozo get's the broom out

I know and I actually can see why they moved him on, but i keep going back to Kennedy, he was in exactly the same way came to Manly injury prone and then for us barely missed a game. Glenn's time out last year obviously rejuvenated his body and he may get another 4 years. Surely to god it would be worth trying to get him back on a low but reasonable contract to see him finish with us.
Have you noticed the weight he has put on lately? Age is catching up and it will win.

Good luck 2 him if he get's another 4 years but it want be with us or Souths 2 get that type of deal he will have 2 join the eels.
You guy's don't get it. We would not have to pay overs to attract a world class back rower into our pack. Forget what happened last year and view him in the current light. He is an experienced campaigner who's brother is still at the club and his leaving the club caused the greatest uproar since super league. Surely if he is fit and we could get him back on a modest contract it would be better than throwing the kitchen sink to entice another bloke that probably isn't as good as gifty to our club. I reckon he comes back and the fog will lift from the playing group and the club. all for a small outlay.

Somehow I think the only former player we could get back courtesy of his current club releasing him from the rest of his contract is Choc...

You guy's . . . . He is an experienced campaigner who's brother is still at the club and his leaving the club caused the greatest uproar since super league. Surely if he is fit and we could get him back on a modest contract it would be better than throwing the kitchen sink to entice another bloke that probably isn't as good as gifty to our club. I reckon he comes back and the fog will lift from the playing group and the club. all for a small outlay.
It would be bound to work from a club morale point of view. Not sure about the actual footy point of view. But it would heal some wounds and you ALL KNOW that Gifty is a Manly legend, and he belongs here. Just give him & Brett 1 season to finish their NRL careers. What would be the harm ?
Then if they want, off to ESL.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6