[Resurrected] Girdler hates us

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I havent been a big DCE fan over the years.. think he lacks composure when we need him.

However, this season has been his best since his first season. I hope he can keep it up.

Stupid to **** in your own nest.

There will be Manly fans who hear this and will now avoid it !!

DUMB!!
He’s probably not making any money. Tipping must be bad. instead of blaming COVID he must be blaming Manly.He,s def a dumb ass but having said that if someone said that about me then it would only urge me on. Maybe he’s doing us a favour.Regardless of what that moron says we have already done well finishing where we have. Def improvement on past few years.

oooh, boo hoo, girdler doesnt agree with our opinion so he must be an idiot. is that want people want, conformity to make them feel better about there own opinion. how posters use commentators opinions to justify there own when they agree one minute, and then hate the same commentator when the dont is amazing and very comical
I really don't give a **** about Girdlers opinion. Girds is a non-Manly person so I will dismiss his views immediately based on that premise alone. Two nights out from a prelim, non-Manly people like Girdler can stick their opinions where the sun doesn't shine. Further to that they can also kiss my maroon and white arse. Go Manly.

Obviously he doesn't need the income, what a jerkoff
It would seem that he doesn't need the income. @eagleron @eaglebuzz and others here may/may not be interested in this.

In the weekly edition of "Northern Beaches Review" Adam Lucius writes:
"Ryan's Slow Grind
Coffee sales may be down at Girdlers' four peninsula cafes this week after owner, former Penrith NRL star Ryan Girdler, cast doubts over Manly's ability to go all the way this year. Labelling the Sea Eagles "flat track bullies" following their failure to defeat a current top three side while beating up on teams below them, Girdler is staggered Des Hasler's men are still alive. "I can't believe Manly are one game away from a grand final with the season they've had," Girdler told Triple M. "They had some really good performances by some individuals, but I'm not buying it. They haven't beaten anyone in that top echelon of teams so far this year. They're flat track bullies."
This has upset a number of ex-players and fans, with some threatening to take their latte business elsewhere. In fairness, Girdler's comments were just a few throwaway lines during a long radio show. He's played at the top level and is entitled to an opinion - and paid handsomely for it. And he was only echoing what many are thinking. Plus, his coffee's too good to ignore forever.

Manly's Love Letters
The Sea Eagles received an unexpected delivery to their team hotel on the eve of last week's semi-final win over the Sydney Roosters. A large mailbag arrived full of hand-written letters to players, coaches and training staff from local schoolkids wishing them luck for the rest of the season. The team has won over the local Sunshine Coast community and are desperate to extend their stay another week by beating Souths and reaching the club's first GF in 10 years."

For 'just a few throwaway lines' they've caused a hell of a backlash!

Girdler may have been proven right with this but the top 3 all finished on 20+ wins (all 3 good enough for first in any other year) and we flogged every team below us except Newcastle/Ben Cummins. Rather be in that position than be fighting for the top 8 or below. And besides, Girds is obviously salty his Panthers lost in week 1 and now they will join us in heading home tomorrow after the Storm flog them

It would seem that he doesn't need the income. @eagleron @eaglebuzz and others here may/may not be interested in this.

"Ryan's Slow Grind
Here's a follow-up in this week's edition:

"Girds Back on Good Terms
Ryan Girdler has learned one important lesson after daring to criticise our most popular football team. "Don't incite the incarcerated," the former NRL star said with a laugh. "We're all in lockdown and there's a lot of emotion in the community and I rattled the cage a little with my comments about Manly."
Didn't he what!
The former Penrith and NSW centre, who owns four cafes on the northern beaches, copped the odd verbal spray and was hassled out of a few waves while surfing after suggesting the Sea Eagles were "flat-track bullies". He was proved correct but was in no mood to gloat following South Sydney's big prelim final win over the maroon and whites.
He said: "I live in Manly. I was going for the Eagles. I was hoping they'd do well. But I obviously struck a nerve. Some people crossed the line but most of it's been healthy debate."

Here's a follow-up in this week's edition:

"Girds Back on Good Terms
Ryan Girdler has learned one important lesson after daring to criticise our most popular football team. "Don't incite the incarcerated," the former NRL star said with a laugh. "We're all in lockdown and there's a lot of emotion in the community and I rattled the cage a little with my comments about Manly."
Didn't he what!
The former Penrith and NSW centre, who owns four cafes on the northern beaches, copped the odd verbal spray and was hassled out of a few waves while surfing after suggesting the Sea Eagles were "flat-track bullies". He was proved correct but was in no mood to gloat following South Sydney's big prelim final win over the maroon and whites.
He said: "I live in Manly. I was going for the Eagles. I was hoping they'd do well. But I obviously struck a nerve. Some people crossed the line but most of it's been healthy debate."

reading both articles, "journo" adam lucius looks like he gets free coffees. Hooray for contra!

He was right, some people need to look in the mirror lol

Says more about the competition really. Yeah at times Manly looked abysmal, but the wheels fell off the Roosters wagon, and the Eels did Eels things to slump to 6th despite beating Melbourne twice and proving themselves good enough to nearly knock over the Panthers. Shows why top 4 is so important.

We have a lot to work on in the off season. We have no obvious replacements for most of the squad but there is something missing for us to take it to the next level

"Ryan's Slow Grind
Coffee sales may be down at Girdlers' four peninsula cafes this week after owner, former Penrith NRL star Ryan Girdler, cast doubts over Manly's ability to go all the way this year. Labelling the Sea Eagles "flat track bullies" following their failure to defeat a current top three side while beating up on teams below them, Girdler is staggered Des Hasler's men are still alive. "I can't believe Manly are one game away from a grand final with the season they've had," Girdler told Triple M. "They had some really good performances by some individuals, but I'm not buying it. They haven't beaten anyone in that top echelon of teams so far this year. They're flat track bullies."
This has upset a number of ex-players and fans, with some threatening to take their latte business elsewhere. In fairness, Girdler's comments were just a few throwaway lines during a long radio show. He's played at the top level and is entitled to an opinion - and paid handsomely for it. And he was only echoing what many are thinking. Plus, his coffee's too good to ignore forever.

Manly's Love Letters
The Sea Eagles received an unexpected delivery to their team hotel on the eve of last week's semi-final win over the Sydney Roosters. A large mailbag arrived full of hand-written letters to players, coaches and training staff from local schoolkids wishing them luck for the rest of the season. The team has won over the local Sunshine Coast community and are desperate to extend their stay another week by beating Souths and reaching the club's first GF in 10 years."

For 'just a few throwaway lines' they've caused a hell of a backlash!
His “throwaway” line was one thing, but how dare he write a mailbag full of hate mail addresses individually to players!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4