Get them out of the club asap

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Why me .... I have said 50 times ... I don't agree with them ..

And my opinion of religion is well known ....

But one thing I do know ... in countries that have no individual freedoms, or suppressed freedom of speech, and persecution of churches .... such as Russia, North Korea China etc ... homosexuals are treated abominably and all minorities suffer ...

Sometimes you have to stand up for the principle ... even when the issue may be distasteful ..
I think we're arguing on a very narrow line. I know your views, I just have a problem with seven players refusing to take the field with not a word out of the mouths of a single one of them. Not a word.
To me, protest needs to be very clear, both the action, and the reasons for it. They may well have explained it to the club, coach, team mates etc., but none of them exist without a paying public (either by attendance or eyeballs). Without that very clear explanation, their protest, to me and many others, is invalid.
If they'd spoken, I agree with your standing up for the principle.
And I don't believe for one second that there isn't some resentment from those who played and who've had to front up to the media week after week.
Strangely, I had a good chat with the wife of one of our players, a woman who has worked in the game, and she believed that if it had been handled with programs and education etc. that they probably would have played. Yes the club handled it badly but there was also shock at the boycott.

I think we're arguing on a very narrow line. I know your views, I just have a problem with seven players refusing to take the field with not a word out of the mouths of a single one of them. Not a word.
To me, protest needs to be very clear, both the action, and the reasons for it. They may well have explained it to the club, coach, team mates etc., but none of them exist without a paying public (either by attendance or eyeballs). Without that very clear explanation, their protest, to me and many others, is invalid.
If they'd spoken, I agree with your standing up for the principle.
And I don't believe for one second that there isn't some resentment from those who played and who've had to front up to the media week after week.
Strangely, I had a good chat with the wife of one of our players, a woman who has worked in the game, and she believed that if it had been handled with programs and education etc. that they probably would have played. Yes the club handled it badly but there was also shock at the boycott.
Spot on - exactly how I feel about all of this.

There is also more fallout - it’s no surprise to me that Jake and Reuben are now out. Both put a lot of undue stress on their bodies playing that Roosters game. All the players who played that game showed an extreme amount of pride in the jersey, and that adds to the resentment when you have teammates who don’t take the field, and also don’t explain themselves. I’m honestly surprised DCE is still standing. After Origin and busting his arse ever since, and for nothing, his motivation and physical energy must be rock bottom.

NYEagle

Rainbowgate has pointed out a big problem in NRL. Inclusion is resulting in division. Players from different culture groups celebrate together after games. It's an interesting situation.
Prayer circles etc. take precedent over whole team celebrations. Josh Aloia's Insta from sometime last year had a picture of 'The boys from the West' featuring (I think) most or all of the sit-out 7.
I don't know what is right or wrong here. But imo, a team is a team - all in. Not this mob and that mob that play together and celebrate commiserate in different groups.

‘They don’t quite get it’: Walker defends teammates, says Fainu tribute ‘taken out of context’​

Kieran Foran, meanwhile, said: “We don’t want to be encouraging that side of it. But my personal opinion is Haumole wasn’t encouraging that, he was showing support for his good mate Manase.”

Jason KIng ...
“I am not in position to pass judgment because I am not sure what the context is for this. That is happening now through discussion with the club.“Once we know that then I think we will deal with it. I am not saying there has been any breach of the rules but clearly we want to make sure that this isn’t something that is seen as s negative for our game, for the players and for the sport more

Im not faultless, I’m pretty bloody good though.

I certainly don’t hang with bikies or thugs and go about acting like or supporting a gangster.

There’s levels to this stuff. I shouldn’t dislike a pedophile because I have a tendency to leave my clothes on the ground for the wife to pick up?
No one is Faultless but we all have a bloody good side as well juts like your good self feathered friend

I was responding to your post when you labeled most of our players as wankers and apart from the media stories we all do not know them personally very well to be so critical and judgemental

I must preface my comments by saying I have a close family member who is included under the rainbow umbrella.

I feel there's a few on here who want to solely blame the marketing arm of the club. It seems like they want us to believe the Pride jersey was an embarrassing mistake; so hopefully everything will go back to normal (as they see it) next year. I am aware I must sound like a broken record but I feel a back-down by the club would send the message that some people are less worthy of support than others. After all, if you reframed that statement through race: wouldn't that be classic discrimination?
It's not for me to decide how our club moves forward but I've always been taught that even if you cop a few punches, you keep moving forward.

I must preface my comments by saying I have a close family member who is included under the rainbow umbrella.

I feel there's a few on here who want to solely blame the marketing arm of the club. It seems like they want us to believe the Pride jersey was an embarrassing mistake; so hopefully everything will go back to normal (as they see it) next year. I am aware I must sound like a broken record but I feel a back-down by the club would send the message that some people are less worthy of support than others. After all, if you reframed that statement through race: wouldn't that be classic discrimination?
It's not for me to decide how our club moves forward but I've always been taught that even if you cop a few punches, you keep moving forward.
Honest and non trolling question
Why do you think the club chose a "Pride" jersey as it now named for the "Women in League" round - that is why I feel (personally) it is a marketing mistake, they shoehorned it in, it seems unrelated

Rainbowgate has pointed out a big problem in NRL. Inclusion is resulting in division. Players from different culture groups celebrate together after games. It's an interesting situation.
Prayer circles etc. take precedent over whole team celebrations. Josh Aloia's Insta from sometime last year had a picture of 'The boys from the West' featuring (I think) most or all of the sit-out 7.
I don't know what is right or wrong here. But imo, a team is a team - all in. Not this mob and that mob that play together and celebrate commiserate in different groups.
Rainbowgate.... Just a observation here but no other clubs have announced they will be doing this... They are not as stupid as our management. All they cared about was chasing the gay dollar.

Last edited:
Why do you think the club chose a "Pride" jersey as it now named for the "Women in League" round - that is why I feel (personally) it is a marketing mistake, they shoehorned it in, it seems unrelated
Of course, I'm sure Andrew will answer for himself anyway.

From my perspective I didn't see Andrew's post as absolving the marketing arm of the club. He seems to be expressing his hope that the club will continue to push ahead and support this cause in the future, despite the stuff up in execution this year.

Just as an aside, it was never a ‘Pride’ jersey. That’s what the media called it.

It was always an ‘Everyone in League’ jersey.

I have absolutely no idea as why the club chose the "Women in League" round and honesty i feel that was a huge mistake. I like to think the clubs intentions were good but the actual execution was poorly managed.

You appear fixated on the reason why they didn't wear a particular jersey ... whereas, I am fixated on ... it doesn't matter what type of Jersey it was, if their reason for not wearing it is for religious or cultural reasons .... THAT's the law ... not an ideology ..

don't debate absolute truths as you understand them, moral rights as you value them, legal rights as you'd wish them .. with me ... I have at no point every ever said I agree with their views, and I personally don't give a shiite what they think ... but considering the number of numbnuts prepared to trash their legal rights just because they disagree with them ... they certainly need to be careful, today you agree with the lynch mob ... what about tomorrow ...

Interesting question just occurred to me .. IF it is against Workplace laws for an Employer to ask the sexual preference of an employee ... how in the name of Sam Jurd's jockstrap, can an Employer ask or expect an Employee to wear a Pride Jersey ???
So we seem to be in general agreement. There are legal rights and there are moral rights. I didn't ask for, nor give a $hit whether you personally agree with them or not. There are legalistic arguments, which do indeed have practical implications and we all need to be aware of... and there are moral concerns, which for some are also extremely important.

And point taken about the use of vocabulary. Ideology was probably not an accurate term in this context. What i was trying to express is that there are many ways to interpret what's going on and those interpretations will vary with the agendas/belief systems/values of the various different sides to the argument. Cheers

I have absolutely no idea as why the club chose the "Women in League" round and honesty i feel that was a huge mistake. I like to think the clubs intentions were good but the actual execution was poorly managed.
I think they just got a bit too clever with it. I imagine somebody in marketing said... Hey, everybody's doing WIL, why don't we extend it as a point of difference and make it an inclusive jersey. We will cover women but also tap into some other potential markets... something like that perhaps?

So we seem to be in general agreement. There are legal rights and there are moral rights. I didn't ask for, nor give a $hit whether you personally agree with them or not. There are legalistic arguments, which do indeed have practical implications and we all need to be aware of... and there are moral concerns, which for some are also extremely important.

And point taken about the use of vocabulary. Ideology was probably not an accurate term in this context. What i was trying to express is that there are many ways to interpret what's going on and those interpretations will vary with the agendas/belief systems/values of the various different sides to the argument. Cheers
Some interesting points @HK_Eagle I mean the appreciation of both legal and moral rights. In theory the legal side of things should create an umbrella to facilitate the practice of moral beliefs etc within the umbrella or more aptly underneath it…there should be appropriate space to allow for some diversity in the moral space… in short there is not a precise moral code that we need to all follow to the letter so to speak. I am not implying you are not agreeing with this but just pointing it out… i.e. there are different kinds of diversity that should be able to exist in our society at the same time I.e. the right to practice your sexual orientation and the right to practice your religion that may not fully affirm some groups. I know some will say sexuality is not a choice and religion is and that is technically right… however if you impose a moral belief that changes someone’s religious practice you effectively take that choice away for a supposedly greater good. Personally I hope religion evolves to fully embrace same sex sexual orientation not just tolerate it as something that happens only in the background….and should not be affirmed but we will never get there if we enforce it upon people… they need the space to find there own way imo…this does not stop all of us affirming the LGBTIQ community if we choose too.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2