Get them out of the club asap

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Exactly Mark.
Exactly my sentiments since all this bull crap started up from the club a month ago.
Maroon and White unites everyone, we are here to support a winning footy club, not an organisation to make the woke feel warm and fuzzy.
You know how we all bang on about “it would be great if we got more private funding, sponsors, 3rd party deals at arms length”. Then our club would be great again.

Well let me tell everyone, most big companies with the sort of money to throw around that we would like to see, have WOKE teams in there corners deciding where they put their sponsoring money.

Like it or not, league is a business. We need sponsors to pay bills, for players benefits, travel expenses, jerseys, staff uniforms and all that stuff.

Going WOKE is not waking up, its realising that if you want to get ahead in this corporate world we live in, then you you need to have some policies of acceptance in place. Woke polices!

The marketing team market the club, to bring in dollars.

The coaching staff, coach the players to play better, and bring in more dollars.

The players play football on TV, to bring in more dollars.

Let the marketing team market and the players play.

You know how we all bang on about “it would be great if we got more private funding, sponsors, 3rd party deals at arms length”. Then our club would be great again.

Well let me tell everyone, most big companies with the sort of money to throw around that we would like to see, have WOKE teams in there corners deciding where they put their sponsoring money.

Like it or not, league is a business. We need sponsors to pay bills, for players benefits, travel expenses, jerseys, staff uniforms and all that stuff.

Going WOKE is not waking up, its realising that if you want to get ahead in this corporate world we live in, then you you need to have some policies of acceptance in place. Woke polices!

The marketing team market the club, to bring in dollars.

The coaching staff, coach the players to play better, and bring in more dollars.

The players play football on TV, to bring in more dollars.

Let the marketing team market and the players play.
Didn’t work out so well for the NBA when they went down the woke avenue. Viewership was down dramatically…

The club and NRL will find out the hard way if they were to continue it, but I think they have realised it’s a dangerous path to stray down and will be more balanced in what causes they support and focus more on the product of the sport now in the future after learning a very valuable lesson.

This is up there with @BOZOs take that there are no gay Catholics.

Part of me is glad an incident like this has occured, it shows up the bigots nice and clear.
Yep,we have bigots,bullies,sexists,ageists,anti-religion,trolls,intelligentsia snobs,demographicists,but none of those pesky racists.
If only we could have a similar incident to expose them......
Just trollin......
Biff says hi....

So we seem to be in general agreement. There are legal rights and there are moral rights. I didn't ask for, nor give a $hit whether you personally agree with them or not. There are legalistic arguments, which do indeed have practical implications and we all need to be aware of... and there are moral concerns, which for some are also extremely important.

And point taken about the use of vocabulary. Ideology was probably not an accurate term in this context. What i was trying to express is that there are many ways to interpret what's going on and those interpretations will vary with the agendas/belief systems/values of the various different sides to the argument. Cheers

Yes, but the issue is a group of people refused to wear a jersey they felt compromised their beliefs ... I fail to see how this action can be elevated into some form of moral crime ...

And are we to just assume and accept that the moral right rests with your side of the issue ... and not on there side ... who makes this decision ... and if they are correct this time ... who will they decide is wrong next ..

Or do we accept that both sides are entitled to their beliefs ...

And a question ..

Q) If Homosexuals began to be persecuted next week ... Who do you think would be the first to defend them and stand up for their rights and freedoms ?..

a) The dear who waits for the group think to make up his mind ..
b) The numbnuts that think the difference between banned and a sin is just semantics ..
c) The people who have taken up pitchforks against religion
d) The people that think a football game is more important than principles and values
e) The people abusing and calling for the 7 to be pissed off
f) Or me ..

Last edited:
Yes, but the issue is a group of people refused to wear a jersey they felt compromised their beliefs ... I fail to see how this action can be elevated into some form of moral crime ...

And are we to just assume and accept that the moral right rests with your side of the issue ... and not on there side ... who makes this decision ... and if they are correct this time ... who will they decide is wrong next ..

And a question ..

Q) If Homosexuals began to be persecuted next week ... Who do you think would be the first to defend them and stand up for their rights and freedoms ?..

b) The numbnuts that think the difference between banned and a sin is just semantics ..
d) The people that think a football game is more important than principles and values
f) Or me ..
Good aye Woodsie,
You know "a group" isn't always a posse of self-righteous people.
Maybe it's also worthwhile to ask. Why does a collective feel so strongly about any particular subject?
Please correct me if I'm wrong but I haven't seen any sort of "group pile-on" when it comes to inclusion. Yes, there's sometimes been overt support but it's been fairly restrained compared to the name-calling and the belittling from the other side.

I can't speak for others but I hope the club sticks with its inclusive values because like you, I think some things are more important than football. Perhaps the club can enquire if new players are comfortable supporting an inclusive round going forward. That way everyone has the freedom to choose.
Also if you don't mind me saying? Holding yourself up as the only saviour of those that may be persecuted comes across as pretty self-righteous but of course, I may have misinterpreted what you were trying to say.

@Andrew.. Words are important ... they have meaning(s) and are easily misinterpreted or sometimes even misrepresented ...

I am not certain that the lay-down 7 are against inclusiveness ... matter of fact ... I think you would find them supportive ... I would put a lobster on the fact if next year there was a genuine "Inclusive" jersey designed with a universal symbol ... they will happily participate ...

Just as I'm pretty sure their stance wasn't saying gays shouldn't be included in RL ... it was saying that they don't feel it appropriate for them to wear a gay pride jersey ..

And an 11th hour marketing stunt to rebrand the rainbow known universally for decades as the "Gay Pride" symbol, and call it an inclusive symbol is just 100% unmitigated bullshiite of the highest cynical order ... was always destined to fail .. even mormons aren't stupid ..

And no, I don't think I would be the only saviour of those that may be persecuted ... but I would be up near the front ... and my reason for making a point of it was to illustrate that I would be just as zealous if the situation was reversed ..

Hey Woodsie. Yeah, I'm happy to talk about that issue as you have framed it.

"This action" has obviously stirred up a major debate about what is right and wrong. Now, whether you think the 7 have committed a "moral crime" is probably dependant on one's own personal beliefs and views. The 7 believe they had to follow the church's teachings (or their interpretations of them) on the issue of homosexuality*, and to the extent they were prepared to take the action they did. I personally don't think the action of boycotting a jersey is morally wrong in itself. However, I do believe the judgement on homosexuality does not serve our contemporary society and it is time for us to be re-evaluating this and challenging those groups (and individuals) who maintain these views on it.

Absolutely not. At the end of the day we have two conflicting viewpoints (to simplify it for clarity sake) fighting for acceptance and legitimacy (power, if you like). One side wants to assert that it is time for homosexuality to be accepted, visible and respected in our society. The other side is saying, we cannot accept homosexuality and we wish to maintain this view within our belief system. Both views can continue to co-exist, but there are going to be times of direct conflict and a need to resolve that difference. That is what we have seen with rainbowgate.

Sure, see above as I think it covers this.

And a question ..

f) Or me ..
I'm not sure if that is a genuine question aimed at me or rhetorical? I hear that for you, the concept of upholding rights and freedoms is important. I respect that, Woodsie. I have no doubts that in your mind you see a genuine reason to make the stand that you do. I have no desire to make you change anything (I couldn't anyway). It's just about sharing and clarification for myself, and hopefully the chance to learn something and refine certain views. Cheers.

*No, they haven't confirmed their reasoning, but I think it's safe to assume this was the issue for them, until they come out and explain differently.

However, I do believe the judgement on homosexuality does not serve our contemporary society and it is time for us to be re-evaluating this and challenging those groups (and individuals) who maintain these views on it.

Exactly ... why attack 7 poor footballers when we can go to the source of the problem ... Maybe

An announcement by Anthony Albanese tomorrow saying

... that from the 1st September, 2022. All sales of the bible and Koran are to be suspended, and any reference to Homosexuality removed ... and all citizens copies of the Koran and Bible are to be taken to the nearest police station to have all and any offending paragraphs black texta'd out.

Should make for an interesting news cycle ...

PSS ... And .. although Blessed are the Cheese Makers ... I know one who had to change his name ..

Exactly ... why attack 7 poor footballers when we can go to the source of the problem ... Maybe

An announcement by Anthony Albanese tomorrow saying

... that from the 1st September, 2022. All sales of the bible and Koran are to be suspended, and any reference to Homosexuality removed ... and all citizens copies of the Koran and Bible are to be taken to the nearest police station to have all and any offending paragraphs black texta'd out.

Should make for an interesting news cycle ...

PSS ... And .. although Blessed are the Cheese Makers ... I know one who had to change his name ..
We don't need to burn any books or black out any texts. It's a pretty ineffective and primitive way to try and bring about change. I think we need to go on having these discussions and sharing viewpoints with an open mind. Yes, there may be times where it's necessary to draw a line and enforce a rule or guideline, but emphasis should be on education, IMO.

Part of me is glad an incident like this has occured, it shows up the bigots nice and clear.

If you think the Penns are after anything but $$$ you are a simpleton.

Can we rename this thread to the silvertails love in and harmony thread?
I feel such positive vibes here..
The best part about all the "good vibes" here is that this season isn't even over and it's feral. It's awesome. Imagine in a few months time when we haven't signed anyone decent and are just stuck with the same old duds we had this season and it's even clearer to all than it is now that next season is ****ed. Just going to be too funny.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6