Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

General NRL chat

globaleagle

SGF0IHJ1bGVzIGFsbCE=
Staff member
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor

France representative Laur'eane Biville is aiming to become the first European player to earn an NRLW contract.

The 20-year-old is so determined to fulfil her ambition of playing in the NRLW that she moved to Australia earlier this year to play for Brisbane club Easts Tigers and has now established a crowdfunding account to enable her to stay for another season.

Garnier, who is also a pathways squad coach for Melbourne Storm, was keen for an ambitious young French player with a passion for the game to learn from playing alongside established stars Vanessa Foliaki and Karina Brown.

Biville fitted the bill perfectly.

Not only was she a promising talent but Biville had actively taken a role in promoting women's rugby league in French-speaking Cameroon, with the inaugural Laur'eane Biville tournament held in July.

With a limited ability to earn income in Australia, Biville is seeking help to meet expenses associated with her bid to play in the NRLW, including a new visa, and she has established an appeal through French crowdfunding site Leetchi.com.

"I have been working very hard every day for five years now and it would mean a lot to me to play in the NRLW but it’s not easy," Biville said.

"I don’t have any help so that is the hardest part of the adventure for me. With my visa I have to do three months of regional work and I just finished two weeks ago on a farm in Ballina but I couldn't earn a lot of money and I have to pay for a lot of things here." - because it was one of those thieving farmer scams where they pay you frig all then take out accommodation, travel, food, air. these crims should be stopped!

..."The 3 months of regional work did not allow me to put money away from the dishonesty of my employer."

globaleagle

SGF0IHJ1bGVzIGFsbCE=
Staff member
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
The final piece of the puzzle for the Brisbane Broncos’ premiership tilt in 2020 is set to be filled after reports that the club is poised to sign Melbourne Storm halfback Brodie Croft.

The Courier-Mail reported on Friday night that the Broncos could announce the signature of Croft as soon as Monday, pending the No.7 gaining a release from the Storm at the weekend.

The "final piece"

hahahahahahahahaha

Stuey Davis Socks

2019 Tipping Competitor
This Silvertail had his otherwise idyllic 3 day holiday day marred and will remain scarred for life by witnessing the sight of bald headed gimp Toddie emerging from the surf at Noosa main beach yesterday :tmi::sick:

globaleagle

SGF0IHJ1bGVzIGFsbCE=
Staff member
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
After copping vile abuse, North Queensland NRL enforcer Josh McGuire says he has ditched social media but has vowed not to change his aggressive on-field approach.
In August, he was forced to turn to his club for support after receiving multiple on-line death threats following a third contrary-conduct charge.

foxsports -

May also help if he didn't try to blind people on the field so he wouldn't have to suffer words off it.

globaleagle

SGF0IHJ1bGVzIGFsbCE=
Staff member
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
Gaz in hot water

Fox Sports commentator and former league great (lol) Mark Gasnier is going to need to do some fast talking when he next meets up with Fox Sports executive Steve Crawley.

The sports boss is aware of Gasnier’s role in a failed bid to take one of the station’s variety programs to Channel Seven.

The show in question is The Professor. The program is fronted by James Rochford and takes the mickey out of the game. Rochford is the talent that was being offered up and Gasnier played a key role.
Channel Seven didn’t show a lot of interest in the program and Rochford and his colleagues are staying put.

Gasnier has a contract with Fox Sports. It is unclear if he will remain at the network and he is aware Crawley is not happy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dat's b/s mate! Crawley should be praising Gasnier because without a shadow of a doubt, "The Professor" is the absolute worst show on TV in the history of bad shows on TV ever.

It's like they got the juices of every other show that had 'jumped the shark', put it in a blender, baked it in an oven then after the resulting turd had set, tried unsuccessfully to polish it with the tears of people who had to watch it and then gouged their own eyes out.

It is simply terrible and every time I have the misfortune of accidentally seeing a few seconds of that ebola sandwich, my IQ drops to such a level so as to make Parra fans seem like geniuses.

globaleagle

SGF0IHJ1bGVzIGFsbCE=
Staff member
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
I guess New York don't really want to succeed in their rugby league quest...

The English Super League is looking to expand its footprint in North America with New York set to join England’s third tier League One competition in 2021.

New York is also courting a coach with former NSW mentor Laurie Daley, former Sea Eagles head coach Trent Barrett and ex-Newcastle Knights coach Nathan Brown all reportedly among the targets.

@:D@:D@:D@:D@:D@:D@:D@:D@:D@:D

TWO DOGS

Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
I guess New York don't really want to succeed in their rugby league quest...

The English Super League is looking to expand its footprint in North America with New York set to join England’s third tier League One competition in 2021.

New York is also courting a coach with former NSW mentor Laurie Daley, former Sea Eagles head coach Trent Barrett and ex-Newcastle Knights coach Nathan Brown all reportedly among the targets.

@:D@:D@:D@:D@:D@:D@:D@:D@:D@:D
What a trio.

Manly Tragic

Tragic
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
The only one with any credentials is Brown due to his success with St Helens notwithstanding that he was underachieved at Newcastle. if I were sinking big bucks into starting up a venture like that I wouldn't be hiring any of these suggested candidates.

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
Premium Member
2017 Tipping Competitor
Geez life can be tough.
Ex Leeds legend Rob Burrow diagnosed with motor neuron disease aged 37.
Very bloody sad...

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Staff member
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
Timely reminder of how tough rugby league is, and how a promising career can be cut short quick smart

North Queensland utility Te Maire Martin has announced his immediate retirement from rugby league, unable to be cleared by doctors for a bleed on the brain. The 24-year-old has been sidelined since April last year after complaining of migraines.

globaleagle

SGF0IHJ1bGVzIGFsbCE=
Staff member
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
Timely reminder of how tough rugby league is, and how a promising career can be cut short quick smart

North Queensland utility Te Maire Martin has announced his immediate retirement from rugby league, unable to be cleared by doctors for a bleed on the brain. The 24-year-old has been sidelined since April last year after complaining of migraines.
I hope he goes well after football.

S'funny, when I read these stories I'm always like "Oh yeah, I remember him" then I'm surprised at just how quickly these guys fade from the memory (non Manly players I mean).

Clint

Premium Member
Super Coach Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
I hope he goes well after football.

S'funny, when I read these stories I'm always like "Oh yeah, I remember him" then I'm surprised at just how quickly these guys fade from the memory (non Manly players I mean).
I'm surprised he's only 24..

robbiea

Premium Member
Super Coach Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
PONGA'S DAD TAKES OVER AFTER FRENZY
A host of player agents were chasing Kalyn Ponga - one of the hottest properties in the game - since his recent split with his manager Wayde Rushton.

The managers were prepared to move heaven and earth to get their hands on the Knights superstar - but all appear to have missed out.

Word has it that Ponga's father, Andre, will take over his son's affairs in a somewhat risky move.

Mr Ponga recently sent this message out to a bunch of managers who were chasing he youngster - but few were able to decipher exactly what it means:

"This is a message to some apologising or to thank. Having finalising last week after four months of privacy with the managing situation it is now resolved with confidential separation and looking forward to moving on. Therefore KP's off field issues because of the last 4 months experience we now have decided to move in a different direction and also kept within but we thank you for your previous interest and sincere apologies for not taking your calls, messages or emails during that period. Wish you all well for 2020.....Ponga Family."

robbiea

Premium Member
Super Coach Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
Following the injury to Mose Masoe during yesterday’s friendly with Wakefield Trinity, the club can confirm Mose has suffered a serious spinal injury and was operated on overnight at Leeds General Hospital.

The club will provide further updates as soon as possible.

globaleagle

SGF0IHJ1bGVzIGFsbCE=
Staff member
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
PONGA'S DAD TAKES OVER AFTER FRENZY
A host of player agents were chasing Kalyn Ponga - one of the hottest properties in the game - since his recent split with his manager Wayde Rushton.

The managers were prepared to move heaven and earth to get their hands on the Knights superstar - but all appear to have missed out.

Word has it that Ponga's father, Andre, will take over his son's affairs in a somewhat risky move.

Mr Ponga recently sent this message out to a bunch of managers who were chasing he youngster - but few were able to decipher exactly what it means:

"This is a message to some apologising or to thank. Having finalising last week after four months of privacy with the managing situation it is now resolved with confidential separation and looking forward to moving on. Therefore KP's off field issues because of the last 4 months experience we now have decided to move in a different direction and also kept within but we thank you for your previous interest and sincere apologies for not taking your calls, messages or emails during that period. Wish you all well for 2020.....Ponga Family."
What the actual 'f' ????

Hate to be a part of future negotiations. It'd be like listening to Brad Pitt in the movie Snatch.

robbiea

Premium Member
Super Coach Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
What the actual 'f' ????

Hate to be a part of future negotiations. It'd be like listening to Brad Pitt in the movie Snatch.
I'm really surprised more guys dont look after their own contracts or have a close friend or family member with half a brain do it.
How hard is it to speak to a dozen general managers and ask for best price offered from each club ,organise a few interviews ,and wallah ,done deal!!!
Most players only need this done 2 or 3 times in a career.
Any players reading this ,I will do it for 75% cheaper than the overrated fraudster who is doing it for you now !!
(pm me)

Latest posts

Top Bottom