General NRL chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Tommy Raudonikis

6bc14e5118a279f9a2b6e830184845b5

After copping vile abuse, North Queensland NRL enforcer Josh McGuire says he has ditched social media but has vowed not to change his aggressive on-field approach.
In August, he was forced to turn to his club for support after receiving multiple on-line death threats following a third contrary-conduct charge.

foxsports -

May also help if he didn't try to blind people on the field so he wouldn't have to suffer words off it.

Gaz in hot water

Fox Sports commentator and former league great (lol) Mark Gasnier is going to need to do some fast talking when he next meets up with Fox Sports executive Steve Crawley.

The sports boss is aware of Gasnier’s role in a failed bid to take one of the station’s variety programs to Channel Seven.

The show in question is The Professor. The program is fronted by James Rochford and takes the mickey out of the game. Rochford is the talent that was being offered up and Gasnier played a key role.
Channel Seven didn’t show a lot of interest in the program and Rochford and his colleagues are staying put.

Gasnier has a contract with Fox Sports. It is unclear if he will remain at the network and he is aware Crawley is not happy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dat's b/s mate! Crawley should be praising Gasnier because without a shadow of a doubt, "The Professor" is the absolute worst show on TV in the history of bad shows on TV ever.

It's like they got the juices of every other show that had 'jumped the shark', put it in a blender, baked it in an oven then after the resulting turd had set, tried unsuccessfully to polish it with the tears of people who had to watch it and then gouged their own eyes out.

It is simply terrible and every time I have the misfortune of accidentally seeing a few seconds of that ebola sandwich, my IQ drops to such a level so as to make Parra fans seem like geniuses.

I guess New York don't really want to succeed in their rugby league quest...

The English Super League is looking to expand its footprint in North America with New York set to join England’s third tier League One competition in 2021.

New York is also courting a coach with former NSW mentor Laurie Daley, former Sea Eagles head coach Trent Barrett and ex-Newcastle Knights coach Nathan Brown all reportedly among the targets.

@:D@:D@:D@:D@:D@:D@:D@:D@:D@:D

I guess New York don't really want to succeed in their rugby league quest...

The English Super League is looking to expand its footprint in North America with New York set to join England’s third tier League One competition in 2021.

New York is also courting a coach with former NSW mentor Laurie Daley, former Sea Eagles head coach Trent Barrett and ex-Newcastle Knights coach Nathan Brown all reportedly among the targets.

@:D@:D@:D@:D@:D@:D@:D@:D@:D@:D
What a trio.

The only one with any credentials is Brown due to his success with St Helens notwithstanding that he was underachieved at Newcastle. if I were sinking big bucks into starting up a venture like that I wouldn't be hiring any of these suggested candidates.

Geez life can be tough.
Ex Leeds legend Rob Burrow diagnosed with motor neuron disease aged 37.
Very bloody sad...

Timely reminder of how tough rugby league is, and how a promising career can be cut short quick smart

North Queensland utility Te Maire Martin has announced his immediate retirement from rugby league, unable to be cleared by doctors for a bleed on the brain. The 24-year-old has been sidelined since April last year after complaining of migraines.

Timely reminder of how tough rugby league is, and how a promising career can be cut short quick smart

North Queensland utility Te Maire Martin has announced his immediate retirement from rugby league, unable to be cleared by doctors for a bleed on the brain. The 24-year-old has been sidelined since April last year after complaining of migraines.

I hope he goes well after football.

S'funny, when I read these stories I'm always like "Oh yeah, I remember him" then I'm surprised at just how quickly these guys fade from the memory (non Manly players I mean).

PONGA'S DAD TAKES OVER AFTER FRENZY
A host of player agents were chasing Kalyn Ponga - one of the hottest properties in the game - since his recent split with his manager Wayde Rushton.

The managers were prepared to move heaven and earth to get their hands on the Knights superstar - but all appear to have missed out.

Word has it that Ponga's father, Andre, will take over his son's affairs in a somewhat risky move.

Mr Ponga recently sent this message out to a bunch of managers who were chasing he youngster - but few were able to decipher exactly what it means:

"This is a message to some apologising or to thank. Having finalising last week after four months of privacy with the managing situation it is now resolved with confidential separation and looking forward to moving on. Therefore KP's off field issues because of the last 4 months experience we now have decided to move in a different direction and also kept within but we thank you for your previous interest and sincere apologies for not taking your calls, messages or emails during that period. Wish you all well for 2020.....Ponga Family."

Following the injury to Mose Masoe during yesterday’s friendly with Wakefield Trinity, the club can confirm Mose has suffered a serious spinal injury and was operated on overnight at Leeds General Hospital.

The club will provide further updates as soon as possible.

PONGA'S DAD TAKES OVER AFTER FRENZY
A host of player agents were chasing Kalyn Ponga - one of the hottest properties in the game - since his recent split with his manager Wayde Rushton.

The managers were prepared to move heaven and earth to get their hands on the Knights superstar - but all appear to have missed out.

Word has it that Ponga's father, Andre, will take over his son's affairs in a somewhat risky move.

Mr Ponga recently sent this message out to a bunch of managers who were chasing he youngster - but few were able to decipher exactly what it means:

"This is a message to some apologising or to thank. Having finalising last week after four months of privacy with the managing situation it is now resolved with confidential separation and looking forward to moving on. Therefore KP's off field issues because of the last 4 months experience we now have decided to move in a different direction and also kept within but we thank you for your previous interest and sincere apologies for not taking your calls, messages or emails during that period. Wish you all well for 2020.....Ponga Family."

What the actual 'f' ????

Hate to be a part of future negotiations. It'd be like listening to Brad Pitt in the movie Snatch.

What the actual 'f' ????

Hate to be a part of future negotiations. It'd be like listening to Brad Pitt in the movie Snatch.
I'm really surprised more guys dont look after their own contracts or have a close friend or family member with half a brain do it.
How hard is it to speak to a dozen general managers and ask for best price offered from each club ,organise a few interviews ,and wallah ,done deal!!!
Most players only need this done 2 or 3 times in a career.
Any players reading this ,I will do it for 75% cheaper than the overrated fraudster who is doing it for you now !!
(pm me)

I am rather concerned at news of a potential player loan system creeping into the NRL. I know it's done in the UK and Madge has called for it before. But let's face it, that's a crap comp in the UK with a hand full of top teams who have too many good players so they hand out to the also rans that make up the comp.

Do we want the Roosters winning every year like Leeds and St Helens? Where will this loan crap end?

If your the Broncos sure why loose players because you don't give em an opportunity, loan em and stay dominant.

So a player doesn't even have to sign with Manly nope we can have player X from Parra who plays hooker. Manly need a hooker. Don't go buy one for 12 months, nope let's just Loan Patras so if they are great we don't have the option to keep em. Nope Manly train up the Eels next star. Or be a testing board for the Eels.. The eels can't give him first grade experience in 2020 but Manly can. If he is crap will the Eels off load him before the follow season start?

As a fan how can U get behind and support a player who U know doesn't really even play for your team, and who is heading home when they are done.

If they are a star you can't get excited for the future. If they are crap they just clog up your team list and your club has helped Parra make a decision to off load em!

I find it fundamentally at odds with supporting a team.

If I have to invest and commit as a supporter, how do I support a league , a team, a transfer system where players don't even have to be part of the Manly TEAM to play for Manly.

Thoughts?

Broadcaster Ray Hadley and rugby league immortal Bob Fulton have called full-time on their 32-year partnership in radio on the 2GB Continuous Call team.
Hadley have announcemed this morning they are stepping down to spend more time with their families. Together they have dominated the ratings for more than three decades.

No more of the great Bozo for our own great @BOZO

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4