GAME DAY - Manly v Rorters [Round 25, 2015] Toovey Farewell Tour

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Stewart's job is done. He and his brother have played a key role in Toovey's demise.

In saying that, even Wombat had a very flat period in late 1979

We really do need to all take a deep
breath and remember this.

Round 17--------dead last

In a horror year we will finish maybe 9th or 10th.

MUCH MUCH better than 16th.

Tonight we were out played by a team absolutely on fire, their 12th win on the trot.

It's not the finish we wanted , but I'm still proud to be a Manly fan!!

A fitting Brookvale end to the worst season in recent memory.

If it was going to go wrong this season, it invariably did.

My only hope of some succour this season would be to see Brisbane make the Grand Final and lose.

You could tell it all by the interviews of Foran v DCE. One of them acknowledged the fans and personnel who would no longer be with us next year. The other talked bollocks.

I think the last two weeks are on me. When we started our run of wins i wore a blue thermal top. Last two weeks i wore a Manly jersey. You see the problem...

Ballin injured. Hodges tiny. Snake about half the size of RTS. DCE playing 70 minutes of the game injured. We do not have the size or combination this year.
Toovey, as a player and a coach, a Manly legend forever.
Still think we can beat the sharks next week. Roll on 2016.

I'm sort of pleased in a stupid sort of way . It's over for this year so for the next 6 months I'll love my wife again lol. Just joking , we were out gunned bring on 16 my friends.

What a sad way to go out. I saw it coming. Same as last year, once Ballin goes down it's all over. Hodges is not a 1st grade player and the team had to compress to cover Ballin's work - hence 6 trys on the wings. Structure completely fell apart.

I think the last two weeks are on me. When we started our run of wins i wore a blue thermal top. Last two weeks i wore a Manly jersey. You see the problem...
OK. If we're coming clean, the day before last week's game, my partner washed the Manly jumper I'd been wearing since the winning run started. Don't wash that jumper, I'd said.
So I thought it was our fault.
Also, bloody Michael Slater came back into the country. We'd done so well while he was away jinxing our Ashes team!

Last edited:
Ballin injured. Hodges tiny. Snake about half the size of RTS. DCE playing 70 minutes of the game injured. We do not have the size or combination this year.
Toovey, as a player and a coach, a Manly legend forever.
Still think we can beat the sharks next week. Roll on 2016.

Hope Toovey gives some kids a go now. Let Sharks win. Play Trbojevic, Demetriou and drop Hiku, and a few other's .

As an aside........

My gf who is American and ( god bless her) cannot name a single cricketer (including Bradman) has been living here 5 years and I have trained her to be a Manly fan.

So I decided to quiz her today to name 5 Manly players and here is what I got (verbatim):

Wolfy
Cherry
(pause)
Pigshooter
Hiku (? - lol surprise)
Mateo ( in trying to say Matai)

Interestingly she forgot Watmough even when prompted.

Just thought I'd lighten a dark day

NYEagle

Well fairly much sums up our season
Most likely beaten by the eventual premiers
Just like to say Thanks Toov's
A fitting Brookvale end to the worst season in recent memory.

it was going to go wrong this season, it invariably did.

My only hope of some succour this season would be to see Brisbane make the Grand Final and lose.
I'd rather brizzy win than the crooks...

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10