GAME DAY - Manly v Rorters [Round 25, 2015] Toovey Farewell Tour

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Kevin Walters said on NRL360 earlier in the week that one of the things that made Wayne Bennett a successful coach was tapping senior players on the shoulder before their time was up and getting the young blokes in there.
We've seen that with hodges again this year, he was still playing well enough to go on for a few more years but "after a conversation with Wayne I've decided to retire".
Not saying this applies to all our senior group, but does have some merit. You need to be able to perform at a high standard for a whole season to have success and our blokes only managed to show their class on a handful of occasions this year.
A few of the senior guys really showed their age for a large part of the season. I know we won 5 in a row etc etc etc and the old guys fired......... But we were pathetic more times than on fire this year. Surely age as caught up with a few.......

Can't blame the forwards for everything
And yet, we announce a Stewart contract extension. Clearly not heading in that direction.

I'm struggling to remember how this same side beat the Broncos and Souths so convincingly ?? Surely Ballin isn't that big a difference ?? What has changed in the last 3 weeks after those two efforts where we looked like a finals contender ? Got me beat.

I'm struggling to remember how this same side beat the Broncos and Souths so convincingly ?? Surely Ballin isn't that big a difference ?? What has changed in the last 3 weeks after those two efforts where we looked like a finals contender ? Got me beat.

you just beat me to it ! cannot believe it was the same team. we geniunely looked unstoppable a few weeks back. Regardless of early season form etc it is incredible how bad we were last two games.

The owners don't deserve a finals series anyway.. it's the only way I can reconcile what was a a p*ss weak effort last night. Our heads dropped after those early calls against us but still defensively we were a rabble.

Several other clubs have shown the same inconsistency recently, it just shows there's not much difference between penthouse and **** house in this competition.

Our team had been playing must-win for a number of weeks and in the end it caught up with us, which it will usually do when teams are in that position.

Last night we made a couple of good breaks in the first half but couldn't convert. If we had, it could have turned out a very different story. The first few minutes after half-time were revealing. We were totally over-powered.

We've had bad luck and disruptions this year but all-in-all were not quite up to standard.

Kevin Walters said on NRL360 earlier in the week that one of the things that made Wayne Bennett a successful coach was tapping senior players on the shoulder before their time was up and getting the young blokes in there.

Wally Lewis, Gene Miles, Willie Carne, Greg Conescu, Kerrod Walters, Allan Langer and Michael Hancock all come to mind there. All Origin and Test players to boot. All were told at one point by Bennett that they were surplus and that there were younger blokes coming through who were quite capable of replacing them. And Bennett didn't just tell them to give them motivation, he told them that they were actually being replaced. From memory only Hancock of that group fought for his position (and won IIRC).

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6