Fullback - Koula,Weekes or Garrick

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who should be fullback while Tommy is injured

• Koula

Votes: 79 50.3%
  • Weekes

Votes: 39 24.8%
  • Garrick

Votes: 39 24.8%

• Total voters
2 games ago Koula was considering good enough to be selected at fullback. Unfortunately he pulled out injured

3 matches later he can't even make the 17. What gives?
Maybe the plan is that Koula will be starting center in the finals series so Des wants to play it safe with him until then, so Tolu doesn't get worn out during the end of the year as a first-year player like how Schuster, Harper etc were last year?

That's my only theory.

I know Weekes is playing fullback in reserves at present, but this kid could be anything. And I'm talking Koula, Schuster quality (if not better). If / when Foz retires, I'd love Weekes to slot in at 5/8 long term. I'm not sure given DCE's extension Humphries sticks around, but I hope that's our long term halves pairing.

I know Weekes is playing fullback in reserves at present, but this kid could be anything. And I'm talking Koula, Schuster quality (if not better). If / when Foz retires, I'd love Weekes to slot in at 5/8 long term. I'm not sure given DCE's extension Humphries sticks around, but I hope that's our long term halves pairing.
There's been a lot of hype for Weekes, and I gotta be honest, before this year I wasn't really sold on him. He looked way too small to even crack first grade. But he's considerably bulked up, he looked very sharp and silky in the trials and he's probably been a shining light for Blacktown. Maybe gets a shot at first grade come origin, would be keen to see.

Last edited:
I'm confident that Latu is our long-term plan for 6 though. He's super young but probably only 2 years away with the talent he's got. We got a lot riding on him.

Weekes is in our top 30 right now and looks pretty close to being top grade ready now. Latu still has plenty of time on his side, and time has a habit of going both ways.

When there good enough, a spot gets found.

There's been a lot of hype for Weekes, and I gotta be honest, before this year I wasn't really sold on him. He looked way too small to every crack first grade. But he's considerably bulked up, he looked very sharp and silky in the trials and he's probably been a shining light for Blacktown. Maybe gets a shot at first grade come origin, would be keen to see.

Weekes was my tip for the one most likely .. still think that ..

A thing I really like about Weekes is hisversatility
He can play halves, at FB and imo could make a destructive 9 with his pace and vision as an impact....could even play in the centres and cover wing decently if needed

Guess that one option with Turbo out could have been Weekes at full back and Garrick staying as a winger instead of Tippytoes but the coaching staff obviously think differently at the present time . A lot to like about Weeles all round ability and natural talent , probably full back at this stage his best position . Not too sure of any kicking game he may have to utilize as a 6 but no doubt would have some skill level there also . Can ;t be that far from i st grade inclusion , could well be an opportunity during this season and hope that he can make the most of it but not too sure as a 9 or substitute 9 though . .

I can't see Des throwing a rookie in at fullback, its far too onerous a position that requires a lot of confidence not only in one's ability, but also in barking instruction from the back.

I think we've seen the benefit of giving someone a bit of experience in Turbo's absence at the back over the past couple of seasons in how Garrick's playing there now.

I reckon Koula & Weekes should he brought along at centre or wing to acclimatise them to first grade before expecting them to handle any of the positions with more moving parts, such as FB, HB, 5/8.

Revision 2 Turbo Injured

I would like to see Koula given the 1 jumper next week, Garrick did play well there, for me there is more long term gain in giving Koula a chance at the back.

i would go weekes

1 weekes 2 vaega 3 koula 4 tuipulotu 5 garrick 6 foran 7 DCE

wow we really dont have depth

harper has to go

i would consider walker at centre at this point if it means we have someone good who can provide 14... segeyaro?

Would love to see Koula get a run at fullback but we don’t have the depth in the centres to move him from there. Maybe when Parker and Burbo are back but our only other centres at the moment are Harper, who shouldn’t be in the team at all and Walker who hasn’t played there in years.

That said I would try Walker in the centres again with Koula, Garrick at fullback and Saab (yuck) back in on the wing. Segeyaro/Weekes in 14

Oh please, let’s just go on playing the same conservative BS we always do… that will surely win us more games /s That approach will do nothing more than avoiding a few extra losses. Take the opportunity and give young talent opportunities in their best positions. Our season is screwed (on cue really for our alternate year pattern) so be smart and get games into the future talent in real scenarios.

Would love to see Koula get a run at fullback but we don’t have the depth in the centres to move him from there. Maybe when Parker and Burbo are back but our only other centres at the moment are Harper, who shouldn’t be in the team at all and Walker who hasn’t played there in years.

That said I would try Walker in the centres again with Koula, Garrick at fullback and Saab (yuck) back in on the wing. Segeyaro/Weekes in 14
I actually think we seriously need to consider Walker to Centre now and I was in the camp of him never playing there again. If we had players available it wouldn’t be such an issue.
Next week I think it may need to be
1: weekes
2: Tui
3: Walker
4: Koula
5: garrick

Put bulle on the bench as a middle for Walker and leave Jake as the link man all game (pretty well plays that role all game anyway)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2