Fullback - Koula,Weekes or Garrick

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who should be fullback while Tommy is injured

• Koula

Votes: 79 50.3%
  • Weekes

Votes: 39 24.8%
  • Garrick

Votes: 39 24.8%

• Total voters
We won't win the comp with the safe full back. Who knows what Koula ceiling is at full back. Let him have the season.
We won’t be winning the comp this year with Superman at fb. But my vote is Koula as well. Right now it depends on who’s available to cover other positions.

Shifting our #1 winger away from his best and preferred position, to play him at fullback is not a smart or forward thinking move. Although Des does have form with this, remember the days of playing Robbo at fullback when Brett was out. I was against it then as I am now.
Koula is a fullback, playing out of position at centre. Although at least he’s been in the team and showed what he can do.
With it looking like Tom being out for an extended period, the team needs to settle on a long term replacement. For mine, that’s Koula.

Look we can’t win the comp this year maybe play walker at fullback he started going ok for a while there plus has a strong kick return.P.s.what is it with our clubs fullback curse 1st brett so often now tom.

Koula said his best position is centre. I dont think he is ready to organise the defence from the back. Weeks seems to have the skills and smarts to play fullback, however he might need to develop his defence further at this stage. It would be great to see Weeks given a go, however I reckon Des will pick Garrick as the best option.

Seems quite a few are of the view Turbo is finished as Manly's fullback, I don't see why a shoulder injury should finish a fullback's career? Surely he'll be back better and more determined than ever.
Back to play another handful of games and skittle the hopes and balance of the team when he goes down again? We are not going anywhere near premiership glory while Turbo continues to play disjointed seasons. That has been the trend over his career to date so far. We are all hoping he breaks that pattern eventually (and hopefully very soon). I believe every single fan on here would love nothing more than a fully fit, durable superstar Turbo playing out a stellar career with us and helping to bring premiership success. Many are frustrated and vent in their own way.

Predictably Des will play Reubs at fullback but that raises the question who plays wing. I just looked through the 30 and can only assume Jorge is a strong chance of playing against Melbourne. Saab still out, Lawton still out. Only other option is Walker pushing to Centre and Harper or Koula going to the wing. I actually think Des will put Reubs to fb and Jorge will get a run.

1 Garrick
2Tippy
3 Koula
4 Harper
5 Veaga
Predictably Des will play Reubs at fullback but that raises the question who plays wing. I just looked through the 30 and can only assume Jorge is a strong chance of playing against Melbourne. Saab still out, Lawton still out. Only other option is Walker pushing to Centre and Harper or Koula going to the wing. I actually think Des will put Reubs to fb and Jorge will get a run.
Players outside the top 30 can play now

Weekes has been playing FB in Reggie's has he not? For mine:
1 weekes
2 tippitoes
3 d walks
4 koula
5 garrick

The sheer thought of having harper going up against Olam gives me nightmares.

We won't win the comp with the safe full back. Who knows what Koula ceiling is at full back. Let him have the season.
we won’t win the comp with an inexperienced 19 year who up to this point, has only played centre in FG. It’s not fair to do it to a kid and potentially shatter his confidence going forward.

It would certainly be exciting to see what Koula could offer but if coaches made decisions on what would be exciting, it wouldn’t get them very far.

There’s more Blake Taffe in Garrick than there is in Koula and Souths made it to the GF with a solid, no nonsense fullback with little errors and a high work rate. That is going to get us further than some exciting kick returns mixed in with a smattering of errors and positional miscalculations.

That’s just my two cents worth...understand where others are coming from though.

As we are short on outside backs, taking a long term view would mean Weekes should be given the job as Koula and Garrick will be sorely needed out wide. Weekes may be green, but he's been groomed for this role, and if this year isn't to be our year, best take the opportunity in getting him ready for 1st grade on a weekly basis

With Tom gone for the season , and our hopes of making the finals certainly diminished, it’s time to start blooding new players in first grade (and in their correct positions ), so my team going forward for the rest of the year would be something like this -

Koula
Garrick
Tiptoes
Walker
Saab
Schuster
Foran
Jake
Big O
Bullemore
Sipley
DCE
Aloia

Bench : Croker, Davey, Tapau, De Louis

Res: Ben ,Keppie,, Parker, Harper, Weekes, Tafua

BUT DES WILL BE HIS OLD STUBORN SELF AND KEEP PLAYING THE SAME OLD SAME OLD , AND NOTHING WILL CHANGE !!!!!!!

we won’t win the comp with an inexperienced 19 year who up to this point, has only played centre in FG. It’s not fair to do it to a kid and potentially shatter his confidence going forward.

It would certainly be exciting to see what Koula could offer but if coaches made decisions on what would be exciting, it wouldn’t get them very far.

There’s more Blake Taffe in Garrick than there is in Koula and Souths made it to the GF with a solid, no nonsense fullback with little errors and a high work rate. That is going to get us further than some exciting kick returns mixed in with a smattering of errors and positional miscalculations.

That’s just my two cents worth...understand where others are coming from though.
No we won't win it but he would get great experience for his future. We won't get nothing out of playing Garrick out of position.

No we won't win it but he would get great experience for his future. We won't get nothing out of playing Garrick out of position.
I reckon we might be able to win enough games to avoid finishing near last and start 23 with some confidence.

Personally, I think there is still plenty at stake, regardless of whether we can win a comp or not. I want to see us fight for the 8 against the odds and show the premiership what a proud club we are. I think we win more games with Garrick at the back.

In saying that, who knows, I could be completely wrong. It’s all hypotheticals. Either way, I’ll cheer on whoever ends up at the back.

I reckon we might be able to win enough games to avoid finishing near last and start 23 with some confidence.

Personally, I think there is still plenty at stake, regardless of whether we can win a comp or not. I want to see us fight for the 8 against the odds and show the premiership what a proud club we are. I think we win more games with Garrick at the back.

In saying that, who knows, I could be completely wrong. It’s all hypotheticals. Either way, I’ll cheer on whoever ends up at the back.
Yeah no doubt. The league is so poor.. I reckon we can still make the 8 regardless. There's no guarantee. I guess the way I see it.. we've seen what Garrick can do there.. it's limited. He's safe and all but I think Koula can add a bit of extra speed in the back three. He can create overlaps when he joins in attack. When he played in the trial he had two assists with ease.

Garrick is also a better winger.. so don't see why we should weaken two positions. Lots of teams debut kids.. Koula is almost 20 and has had a few matches now. He can handle it.

Worse case scenario. We can change it mid game.. but I have every confidence that Koula will be a star at fullback.

With Tom gone for the season , and our hopes of making the finals certainly diminished, it’s time to start blooding new players in first grade (and in their correct positions ), so my team going forward for the rest of the year would be something like this -

Koula
Garrick
Tiptoes
Walker
Saab
Schuster
Foran
Jake
Big O
Bullemore
Sipley
DCE
Aloia

Bench : Croker, Davey, Tapau, De Louis

Res: Ben ,Keppie,, Parker, Harper, Weekes, Tafua

BUT DES WILL BE HIS OLD STUBORN SELF AND KEEP PLAYING THE SAME OLD SAME OLD , AND NOTHING WILL CHANGE !!!!!!!

Des will not pick Walker in the centres

Put Burbo in at centre and pretty good team to make the bottom of the 8.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6