Fullback - Koula,Weekes or Garrick

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who should be fullback while Tommy is injured

• Koula

Votes: 79 50.3%
  • Weekes

Votes: 39 24.8%
  • Garrick

Votes: 39 24.8%

• Total voters
Defensively, Garrick is the choice of the 3.
Attack, like to see Weekes have a shot at it for creativity or Koula for aggression

Defensively, Garrick is the choice of the 3.
Attack, like to see Weekes have a shot at it for creativity or Koula for aggression
Koula has shown he can handle the defensive side of the game. I think give him a run and if hes struggling then you can move to him to the wing.

I would just like to see him like he was in the trial. The two tries he set up from a set play chiming in the backline move with his speed to create overlaps. He can trouble plenty of defences like that.

Whatever they do, it needs to be for the long term. Turbo needs to play in the centres, at least in defence. He has got injured too many times doing a last ditch tackle attempt at fullback. At most this ridiculous risk with our #1 asset saves 6 points. At worst it kills our season's hopes in an instant. It has to end. Snake got injured this way too and no one seemed to learn. Manly need to smarten up their fullback choices imo. Wombat was a long time success for a reason.

Whenever Garrick is put into fullback, the thing that strikes me the most, is how slow he is to accelerate or change direction. It’s strange as once he winds up, his top speed is up there with the best of them. I can’t fault the effort but he’s much better on the wing. He’s a terrific finisher, with safe hands and once he gets into open space, often runs away from the defenders.
Koula seems a natural fit at fullback. Very quick and agile, and strong defensively.

Whenever Garrick is put into fullback, the thing that strikes me the most, is how slow he is to accelerate or change direction. It’s strange as once he winds up, his top speed is up there with the best of them. I can’t fault the effort but he’s much better on the wing. He’s a terrific finisher, with safe hands and once he gets into open space, often runs away from the defenders.
Koula seems a natural fit at fullback. Very quick and agile, and strong defensively.
I’d be inclined to leave Garrick on the wing as well and use Koula or Weekes. Only worry I have about the latter two is their voice from the back and setting the defensive line. Reubs is a great winger and we need him fit to kick goals. Fb took it out of him a bit i thought.

If they played Koula at FB & he failed as he would you'd all be sticking the boot in like you did with garrick when he first played there....

It's not worth voting for, Garrick wil be in the 1 next week
I like Weekes as a player who can add zest, but Koula will stay centre and Gaz will be Fullback...and Weekes will play NSW cup

A few highlight reel plays from Koula are not going to be the answer. A safe and serviceable Garrick might not wow everyone but he’ll give us a better chance of winning games.

Can’t disagree but who comes in at wing if Saab not back.

Better to give the young guys a go sooner rather than later. Although debuting against storm isn’t ideal but I reckon Weekes to fb

Don't do anything different. Promote young players like Weekes when they are ready to do the job, not just to give them a go in case they can do it.
Garrick this year has played well at the back, a bit like Panthers fullback in that he's safe, he gets very involved taking a lot of runs, and he is used to NRL. Koula and Weekes will get chances there if anything happens to Garrick.

Why would we put Garrick at fb and play safe? I don’t get it. No disrespect to G but he is never going to be our fb full time unless Des does the stupid thing. He is capable and perfect for a short term fill in when necessary. Give the bloody young kids the chance to grow into the position ffs.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8