Friction between Sea Eagles shareholder Quantum and The Penn Group reach boiling point

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your assignment Mark is to explain away the quotes of Quantum's Sidney that verify the obvious assumptions.

WAMF i enjoy how every discussion with you needs to turn into an argument

I believe if Penn was to walk away there would be few, if any, people willing to take a share in a money losing business such as MWSE. If you look at it from a business perspective the long term chances of making money from an NRL are team are, at best, minimal. The only hope are "fans" like Penn

Happy for you to believe otherwise - that is the beauty of this forum

Matabele said:
Your assignment Mark is to explain away the quotes of Quantum's Sidney that verify the obvious assumptions.

Matas is a funny guy. Irrational....but funny.
A couple of days ago he was telling the world how insignificant the owners of Quantum are, even pointing to ASX reports but today he is using quotes from a newspaper article, purported to have come from those same insignificant people, to bolster his arguments.

One has to talk very slowly for WAMF to understand. It must be all those flip flops. Quantum are a basket case according to the ASX and on contentious issues they vote in the unfinancial bloc of 5.

One wonders if Quantum paid anything for their shareholding given their finances. Or are they just a garage for Delmege to keep the shares away from the administrators?

Matabele said:
One has to talk very slowly for WAMF to understand. It must be all those flip flops. Quantum are a basket case according to the ASX and on contentious issues they vote in the unfinancial bloc of 5.

One wonders if Quantum paid anything for their shareholding given their finances. Or are they just a garage for Delmege to keep the shares away from the administrators?

I am not a conspiracy theorist but i must admit the above supposition has crossed my mind.

WAMF said:
Matabele said:

Matas is a funny guy. Irrational....but funny.
A couple of days ago he was telling the world how insignificant the owners of Quantum are, even pointing to ASX reports but today he is using quotes from a newspaper article, purported to have come from those same insignificant people, to bolster his arguments.

How does using quotes from them change the fact they may be insignificant. Even the smallest cog in the largest machine can break the whole thing down

Why is it all so negative for you Matas. You've got a few lap-dogs on this site and you all seem to be so negative about anything, everything and anyone. If the club can get itself on a sound financial footing, and have govt money coming in to upgrade Brookvale, then maybe there's money to be made out of the club. Mayne you should try to be a bit positive and supportive of the club.

And don't be ageist. I may be on the downhill side of fifty, but I'm not folliclly challenged, not yet anyway. And even if I were, that's wouldn't be a problem.

Matabele said:
Haha that is pretty funny. I thought companies going bust usually try to hide their valuable assets - not the ones that are losing money hand over fist.

Which is not to say Max still has no sway in Surfside. It sure is bad luck for Penn that Max was against him, Football Club against him, Leagues club against him, now Quantum is against him. If only he could buy out Quantum this might all be solved.

The Whole Truth said:
Matabele said:
Haha that is pretty funny. I thought companies going bust usually try to hide their valuable assets - not the ones that are losing money hand over fist.

Which is not to say Max still has no sway in Surfside. It sure is bad luck for Penn that Max was against him, Football Club against him, Leagues club against him, now Quantum is against him. If only he could buy out Quantum this might all be solved.
Very clever.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Matabele said:

Noone said it was about a valuable asset. It's about ego. Precisely the reason Penn can't get his hands on the shares.

Does anyone know if Quantum paid for Surfside shares? I might go and buy a Quantum share or two (no more than that given how they're travelling) so I can ask at their next AGM.

But does it really matter, mata?

This whole drama is about unreasonable private owners, is it not?

Penn is painted by many (not just you) as the 'good owner' and currently Max seems to be the villain, at least among us fans who are on the outside looking in (that is, we have no idea). But is it that simple? Some are saying that Penn personally took charge of the Des negotiation, and we know how that finished. Max was long revered as Manly's saviour, he can't be all bad – can he?

Clearly this simply confirms why it is important that the traditional 'guardians of the game' in the Manly area (the FC) and rank & file supporters (through the FC & the Leagues Club) can at least have some input, albeit only with a minority of votes and one preference share? If that logic is incorrect please enlighten me.

Matabele said:
Penn has money. Delmege doesn't. Simple Sherlock.

It's always simple for you because we know which camp you're in and with blinkers on nothing anyone says will change your mind, that's your perogative. We know Delmege hasn't got the money but he's no longer a big player in this.

You seem to be so knowlegeable about the whole situation why don't you give us a more detailed version of accounts instead of your one-liners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8