Friction between Sea Eagles shareholder Quantum and The Penn Group reach boiling point

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter which side you're on one thing that strikes me is that the Penn side got outvoted on a few occasions. Is it because Des was too much of a control freak? I not putting Des down, I'm just asking the question, as I'm greatful for everything Des has down.

With Quantum acuiring Delmege shares you'd would have thought troubles in the front office would have settled down, yet we are back in the same situation we where in when Delmege was around.

I don't think the Quantum people are Delmege lackys either. Surely they're not that stupid.

Seems simple to me too. The recruiter (Crusher) finds them, the coach (Des) coaches them and the CEO does the contract work. To many 'get out clauses' inserted in contracts in the past. Don't like them at all. But then again, I guess I'm in the minority on this thread.

DSM5 said:
Seems simple to me too. The recruiter (Crusher) finds them, the coach (Des) coaches them and the CEO does the contract work. To many 'get out clauses' inserted in contracts in the past. Don't like them at all. But then again, I guess I'm in the minority on this thread.

Not in the minority, this is exactly how it should work......one thing we ALL have to be aware of is that thing called the salary cap.

That should rest fairly and squarely with the CEO.

We don't want to be a Melbourne Storm do we (Bellamy with the blinkers on saying sign him, sign him and sign him...and not even thinking of how the finances go).

Des is clearly a great coach, but I agree Crusher finds em, Des Coaches em and the CEO makes sure it fits.

DSM5 said:

Nah I agree.

lsz said:
Do we all agree we like the results it got?

Storm supporters all probably liked the results they were getting to.

I've certainly liked our results over the last few years.........but at what cost ?

Is it ok with everyone if we win the next couple of Premierships but are still loosing a Mill/year ?

At some stage it's got to catch up with us.

Everyone keeps saying how successful we've been since Des took over and please don't take me the wrong way as I was as gutted as everyone else last Friday week but is......."success at any cost" the right way to run a business ?

As Mark said earlier I want to still be able watch us winning Premierships in 30 or 40 years time, not win the next few and end up like the Bears.

Do we all agree that I reckon I am awesome?

Mybludog said:
lsz said:

I've certainly liked our results over the last few years.........but at what cost ?

Is it ok with everyone if we win the next couple of Premierships but are still loosing a Mill/year ?

Everyone keeps saying how successful we've been since Des took over and please don't take me the wrong way as I was as gutted as everyone else last Friday week but is......."success at any cost" the right way to run a business ?

As Mark said earlier I want to still be able watch us winning Premierships in 30 or 40 years time, not win the next few and end up like the Bears.

I take you point however i would argue Des has gotten the most out of the avail resources not been the cause of financial losses

lsz said:
Mybludog said:
lsz said:

I take you point however i would argue Des has gotten the most out of the avail resources not been the cause of financial losses

Aah BUT are you sure of that???

Des has stated he's going to the Bulldogs not just for money (for himself)...is he going because they are the richest club in Sydney and as such can throw a ****load of money in all directions to win Grand Finals???

I wonder if the "money tree" has run it's course at Manly and that's the reason he's bailing??

I have been trying to think (over and over again) why a Manly boy, through and through, would choose to leave......I do not know the answer to that (wish I did), but it does make me think!

Mark from Brisbane said:
lsz said:
Mybludog said:
lsz said:

Aah BUT are you sure of that???

Des has stated he's going to the Bulldogs not just for money (for himself)...is he going because they are the richest club in Sydney and as such can throw a ****load of money in all directions to win Grand Finals???

I wonder if the "money tree" has run it's course at Manly and that's the reason he's bailing??

I have been trying to think (over and over again) why a Manly boy, through and through, would choose to leave......I do not know the answer to that (wish I did), but it does make me think!

So you're thinking of every left field option because the one of Board friction is um, just too obvious? like it was for Mayer?

Mata's I at least am open to a range of possibilities, unlike you who have just but one.

I have had a vast experience in business and life, and with those experiences in mind I can truly say that rarely when the **** hits the fan is it just one person, or one groups fault.

You'd also be open to different ideas if you took your blinkers off....but clearly you never do that as you have banged on with the same old arguments for how many years now??

Mark from Brisbane said:
Mata's I at least am open to a range of possibilities, unlike you who have just but one.

I have had a vast experience in business and life, and with those experiences in mind I can truly say that rarely when the s**t hits the fan is it just one person, or one groups fault.

You'd also be open to different ideas if you took your blinkers off....but clearly you never do that as you have banged on with the same old arguments for how many years now??

I agree with you Mark, with all the finger pointing it's hard to make an informed decision and you've got to have an open mind. As they say there's always 2 sides of the story.

lsz said:
I am wondering where all the "de$$ie" folk are now

It is very similar to when in english football a manager does not have complete control (when there is a technical director etc)

The issue as i see it Des is accountable for the results - he would have been fired if we got the spoon - but can not have complete control?

Does not seem right

About as right as you were to laugh at some who suggested there would be other investors willing to buy out Penn/Quantum's Sea Eagles shares. All gone quiet over there lsz?

swoop said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

I have had a vast experience in business and life, and with those experiences in mind I can truly say that rarely when the s**t hits the fan is it just one person, or one groups fault.

I agree with you Mark, with all the finger pointing it's hard to make an informed decision and you've got to have an open mind. As they say there's always 2 sides of the story.

Correct Swoop, always two sides....the difference is my mind is open and I have yet to make a really solid opinion (especially as most of the information available is coming from Dean Ritchie, who is clearly a great mate of Zorb's and def has an "agenda")...Mata's mind never changes and that's the difference between him and I.

lsz said:
Still waiting for a firm offer to come WAMF..still waiting

You need to have an intention to purchase, of which there appears to be and to conduct relevant due diligence before making such an offer lsz.
First things first.
Still, it's a far cry from your and others assertions that we would fold if Penn picked up his bat and ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4