Forwards

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The rubbish Bulldogs funded by Hotel billionaire, Laundy you mean ??

Why do you think those players have gone there ???

To win a Premiership ( some already have ) ????

To be coached by a better coach ???

I’m guessing it wouldn’t be BIG $$$$ would it , remember they are also trying to buy big Tino and apparently offered him hotel shares on the side.

I’d dearly love our owner to be competitive like this , but he’s not and until we have a rich benefactor to get around the salary cap , I think we are royally screwed.

I get teams manipulate the cap (I'm not naive) but I truly hope systemic cheating like that isn't occuring.

I get teams manipulate the cap (I'm not naive) but I truly hope systemic cheating like that isn't occuring.
Well look at who they’ve recruited , and tell me there’s not deals being done.

I get how frustrated you ( and many are ) but you just can’t tell me that these rich clubs ( with all the stars ) aren’t manipulating the system.

Look at who the Bulldogs have recruited , and also think all those players are going to a bottom 2 club.

Why ………….$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and lots and lots of it ( all outside the system and “ legal “ I guess but only because of their rich benefactors ).

Sorry mate I’m not just trying to be argumentative, just trying to articulate that I reckon there’s a very good reason why we can’t sign the big names , we get beaten every time by $$$$$$$

The money these players would get outside the salary cap system would be enormous.

We just can’t compete.

So FOX NRL 360 going on about Manly & carnage & salary cap yet Bulldogs, Roosters can go out & buy anyone Lolol.

foaming? but yeah I take ya point.

This place is a crack up lately. There's no shortage of agendas.
  • Schuster haters
  • Schuster lovers
  • Woods lovers
  • Woods haters
  • Keppie lovers
  • Keppie haters
  • Seibs haters
  • Seibs haters lol
  • Sack Turbo

Great entertainment.
Lachlan Croker says “ thank **** they’re not picking on me for a change “.

Everyone has an agenda , and no one gives a **** about what anyone else says.

And regardless of what anyone says it’s not changing the opinion of the lovers or the haters.

It’s a circus , so yes I guess that’s entertainment.

I have an idea feathered friend ....

We can start a collection here at the Silvertails forum and buy our owner out

We will proudly be the first ever forum to own our club
Hell I've got a lazy fiver in the wallet right beside the guaranteed winning Powerball ticket, who's with me?!!!

Lachlan Croker says “ thank **** they’re not picking on me for a change “.

Everyone has an agenda , and no one gives a **** about what anyone else says.

And regardless of what anyone says it’s not changing the opinion of the lovers or the haters.

It’s a circus , so yes I guess that’s entertainment.
You know I have been a reader on this forum for a long time and I have to say you've got a hard edge now and I am not sure it suits you. I have always thought you were the classiest poster on the forum, never got cranky, frustrated or personal, just talked footy, but you've ramped up the swearing the last few months. I mean this sincerely, but I hope you're all good and aren't taking things on here too seriously.

You know I have been a reader on this forum for a long time and I have to say you've got a hard edge now and I am not sure it suits you. I have always thought you were the classiest poster on the forum, never got cranky, frustrated or personal, just talked footy, but you've ramped up the swearing the last few months. I mean this sincerely, but I hope you're all good and aren't taking things on here too seriously.
You are probably quite right , time for a long holiday from Silvertails.

Seeya ……..maybe

For me, it's plain to see that we will continue to struggle whilst Penn is in control. As hard as it is for me to say it I think we might actually be one of the poorest clubs in the comp.
I'm in my 60's now and I consider myself lucky to have been around when Manly was a heavy weight contender. Nowadays I often find myself wondering if I'll ever be lucky enough to watch my beloved Eagles lift the silverware one more time.
Sadly, whilst Penn is in charge we are just shuffling deckchairs on the Titanic and it's hard to remain enthusiastic when the club is just some part time plaything.

If your not rorting the cap, your not fair dinkum. The NRL doesnt want to catch anything monumental. The implications with gambling , sponsorship and the integrity of the game wont take too much more harm

besides there are so many grey areas to manipulate

confirming the sombrero only drives fans away and ruins the credibility as a sport

but not only do we appear not to have the ability to bend the rules we dont even seem to be prepared to use them to the full capacity

we didnt replace tom
we didnt look to exempt matai and snake from the cap
we sell home games

and the storm are celebrating there cheating anyway

If your not rorting the cap, your not fair dinkum. The NRL doesnt want to catch anything monumental. The implications with gambling , sponsorship and the integrity of the game wont take too much more harm

besides there are so many grey areas to manipulate

confirming the sombrero only drives fans away and ruins the credibility as a sport

but not only do we appear not to have the ability to bend the rules we dont even seem to be prepared to use them to the full capacity

we didnt replace tom
we didnt look to exempt matai and snake from the cap
we sell home games

and the storm are celebrating there cheating anyway
We did request medical retirements for Snake & Matai but the NRL refused.

I hope that is the case . I have heard conflicting reports over the years. Thanks for your add and clearing that up for me
Plus, reports say we tried to use the NRL's $350,000 to replace Turbo but there were no suitable candidates. No point in buying a player who takes up one spot in your top 30 without adding strength to your roster.

Plus, reports say we tried to use the NRL's $350,000 to replace Turbo but there were no suitable candidates. No point in buying a player who takes up one spot in your top 30 without adding strength to your roster.
Probably time for me to ask
well what have the romans ever done for us then

While everyone’s blaming Schuster again for last night, it’s worth pointing out the performance of our forwards:

Haumole - 15 runs for 172m in 80 mins
Sipley - 12 runs for 111m in 47 mins
Jake T - 9 runs for 76m in 75 mins (Yeo made 162m with the same amount of tackles)
Bully - 7 runs for 66m in 36 mins
Woods - 6 runs for 61m in 31 mins
Keppie - 7 runs for 59m in 49 mins
Tuilagi - 3 runs for 16m in 30 mins

When only 2 forwards (1 prop) are running for over 100 metres you’re always going to be in trouble, that’s why you see DCE/Garrick putting in stupid early kicks and Schuster very unsuccessfully trying flashy ****. Throw in a hooker that doesn’t engage the line and you’re completely ****ed.

And yes we were playing Penrith and missing a few key middles but this has been happening all season long, against teams much worse too

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8