Forwards

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I agree wholeheartedly regarding Croker.

I also agree that the coach is the one who picks Woods over Bullemore, Keppie, and Fainu.

I don't think referring to our coach as Spoony is a big deal. After all, he claimed Brisbane's first wooden spoon and has made some very strange selection calls. It's a real stretch to label that as being fuelled by hatred or somehow vitriolic.

I also don't agree that calling Woodsy Sharon is hatred either. If you google Sharon Woods it will become apparent that the moniker has been widely used when referring to Aaron for years. I don't rate his performances either and would much prefer it idf Spoony selected someone else. But that is just my opinion and I'm sticking with it.
All fair comments

Bra? Are you trying to be Kobe, Jai, or Sonny? Because a lefty from Mona Vale doesn't quite work, they breed them tough over in Maroubra sweetheart.

And if you are replying to my previous post you need to divide opinion from fact. Old MFB has reiterated many times that Woods is only in the seventeen because we don't have anyone else. That is factually incorrect when put forward as an argument to justify why Sharon is being selected.

It's very easy to understand.

My opinion on Woods and Spoony is obviously just an opinion. So by all means, rip in and tear my views apart until your heart is content. That's what forum debate is all about. But it helps to keep things on track when we learn how to divide opinion from fact.

Have a lovely day Mona Vale!
Enough of “ the old “ , I’m young at heart !!

I agree wholeheartedly regarding Croker.

I also agree that the coach is the one who picks Woods over Bullemore, Keppie, and Fainu.

I don't think referring to our coach as Spoony is a big deal. After all, he claimed Brisbane's first wooden spoon and has made some very strange selection calls. It's a real stretch to label that as being fuelled by hatred or somehow vitriolic.

I also don't agree that calling Woodsy Sharon is hatred either. If you google Sharon Woods it will become apparent that the moniker has been widely used when referring to Aaron for years. I don't rate his performances either and would much prefer it idf Spoony selected someone else. But that is just my opinion and I'm sticking with it.
By the way , I’m not saying he’s there because there’s no one else , but I’ll continue to say “ the football department continue to pick him in front of others “.

He has been picked in front of Keppie , and Bullemor once.

I do not count Fainu , even if you do, but yes he’s being picked instead of him too.

And yes , he keeps getting picked in front of Morgan Boyle.

Have I missed anyone ??

By the way , I’m not saying he’s there because there’s no one else , but I’ll continue to say “ the football department continue to pick him in front of others “.

He has been picked in front of Keppie , and Bullemor once.

I do not count Fainu , even if you do, but yes he’s being picked instead of him too.

And yes , he keeps getting picked in front of Morgan Boyle.

Have I missed anyone ??
No, that's all clear.

And I respect your opinion MFB.

Bra? Are you trying to be Kobe, Jai, or Sonny? Because a lefty from Mona Vale doesn't quite work, they breed them tough over in Maroubra sweetheart.

And if you are replying to my previous post you need to divide opinion from fact. Old MFB has reiterated many times that Woods is only in the seventeen because we don't have anyone else. That is factually incorrect when put forward as an argument to justify why Sharon is being selected.

It's very easy to understand.

My opinion on Woods and Spoony is obviously just an opinion. So by all means, rip in and tear my views apart until your heart is content. That's what forum debate is all about. But it helps to keep things on track when we learn how to divide opinion from fact.

Have a lovely day Mona Vale!
Calm down, bra!

Just my opinion, mate.

One guy who has stood out to me is Tepai Moeroa,tough and rugged guy at prop,good talker and seems pretty smart reading the play well.
Not huge (190 cm and 112 kgs)but not a lightweight,very mobile and quick,excellent defender(rarely misses) and strong in the tackle.
Runs hard in attack and a smart offloader,finds his front and a quick play the ball.
Very good workrate and off contract,another excellent game tonight off the bench for the Storm.
Only 27 even though has been around a number of seasons.

Last edited:
Salaries according to Code NRL

8. Taniela Paseka $500,000

9. Lachlan Croker $300,000

10. Josh Aloiai $450,000

11. Haumole Olakau’atu $650,000

12. Kelma Tuilagi $250,000

13. Jake Trbojevic $950,000

Total: $3.1 million

The salary of every first-choice #NRL forward revealed: bit.ly/43SSawh

8. Taniela Paseka $500,000
9. Lachlan Croker $300,000
10. Josh Aloiai $450,000
11. Haumole Olakau’atu $650,000
12. Kelma Tuilagi $250,000
13. Jake Trbojevic $950,000
Rebuild and Revitalize as change is necessary if we are to change for the better and charge into the finals

The only players I would keep are Paseka Olakauatu and Jake

Rebuild and Revitalize as change is necessary if we are to change for the better and charge into the finals

The only players I would keep are Paseka Olakauatu and Jake
Sorry mate…..Jake is not worth $950k a year. Nowhere near it. Max he should be on is $550k to $650k. Even Tom is not worth $950k……just my opinion& I love both of them!

You are worth what clubs are prepared to pay. I categorise Jake in the class of Dale Finucane on 2.4 million over 4 years at $650,000 per season and Josh Jackson who finished at the Dogs on $600,000 per season. I love jake as a player and team man but we have paid a huge premium to keep him.

Sorry mate…..Jake is not worth $950k a year. Nowhere near it. Max he should be on is $550k to $650k. Even Tom is not worth $950k……just my opinion& I love both of them!
Good Morning Mate , Nice to hear your passionate Manly views and I hope you have a great day

When Jake signed the long term contact to secure his services at Manly
Him and his Brother were the two most sought out players in the game and their demand was high and so was their salary

The moral of the story
Players are only worth as much Clubs are prepared to pay them
and there were many clubs lining up for their services

Jakes next contract will not be anywhere near 950k

Ps ,
I love Tom and jake and I love you too @madmax feathered friend x

Next season, I start with the following in the top squad:

Taniela Paseka
Jake Trbojevic
Haumole Olakau'atu
Josh Schuster
Sean Keppie
Ethan Bullemor
Ben Trbojevic
Gordon Chan Kum Tong
Karl Lawton

Release: Morgan Boyle, Kelma Tuilagi, Aaron Woods, Matt Lodge, Ben Condon, Dean Matterson, Josh Aloiai, Lachlan Croker, Tof Sipley & Zac Fulton

To fill the gaps we NEED mobility, speed, aggression, versatility. Think Liam Martin types. Weed the plod, plant the anal prod. In my view we had Sam Fainu (which fit the mould). Fifita did as well. But there you go - Manly recruitment for you.

Next season, I start with the following in the top squad:

Taniela Paseka
Jake Trbojevic
Haumole Olakau'atu
Josh Schuster
Sean Keppie
Ethan Bullemor
Ben Trbojevic
Gordon Chan Kum Tong
Karl Lawton

Release: Morgan Boyle, Kelma Tuilagi, Aaron Woods, Matt Lodge, Ben Condon, Dean Matterson, Josh Aloiai, Lachlan Croker, Tof Sipley & Zac Fulton

To fill the gaps we NEED mobility, speed, aggression, versatility. Think Liam Martin types. Weed the plod, plant the anal prod. In my view we had Sam Fainu (which fit the mould). Fifita did as well. But there you go - Manly recruitment for you.
Mate.........my list of starters:-
Meter eaters in Paseka, Sipley + ???
Aggression in Lodge, Keppie, Aloiai.
Mobility in Olakau'atu, Bullemore, Brbo, Tuilagi, Matterson + ???
X factor in Schuster
Hookers in Croker, Tong ???
Backs....Trbo, Garrick, Koula, Saab, Jaxson Paulo, Tuipulotu, Weekes, Talau, Parker, Vaega + ???
Halves....DCE, Brooks, Arthur, Humphries
Total 27 players....room for 3 recruits

Mate.........my list of starters:-
Meter eaters in Paseka, Sipley + ???
Aggression in Lodge, Keppie, Aloiai.
Mobility in Olakau'atu, Bullemore, Brbo, Tuilagi, Matterson + ???
X factor in Schuster
Hookers in Croker, Tong ???
Backs....Trbo, Garrick, Koula, Saab, Jaxson Paulo, Tuipulotu, Weekes, Talau, Parker, Vaega + ???
Halves....DCE, Brooks, Arthur, Humphries
Total 27 players....room for 3 recruits
That’s much more like will happen than @Ryan suggests ( although I’m not disputing he’s close to right ) and the reason for that is there just won’t be that number of lean / mean / aggressive players available to buy in.

It’ll need to be a 2-3 year process , they’ll be able to make some moves in 2024 , and quite a few more in 2025 as players come off contract.

Get rid of AOA they say , well the trouble is he has another year to run , and we’d only be able to onsell him if we were paying a large amount of his contract. So say he’d on $650k , we might be paying $350k , so then we have to replace him for $300k to be “ square “.

I do get the passion of @Ryan but he also needs to be realistic about what can actually happen , even if his plan is where the club is headed.

As I say , 2-3 years for a cleanout , not instantly .

That’s much more like will happen than @Ryan suggests ( although I’m not disputing he’s close to right ) and the reason for that is there just won’t be that number of lean / mean / aggressive players available to buy in.

It’ll need to be a 2-3 year process , they’ll be able to make some moves in 2024 , and quite a few more in 2025 as players come off contract.

Get rid of AOA they say , well the trouble is he has another year to run , and we’d only be able to onsell him if we were paying a large amount of his contract. So say he’d on $650k , we might be paying $350k , so then we have to replace him for $300k to be “ square “.

I do get the passion of @Ryan but he also needs to be realistic about what can actually happen , even if his plan is where the club is headed.

What a lot of Silvertail posters are demanding is unworkable, to shift out, out of favour players that we want to shop to other teams is easier said than done. Paying part contract money on anymore than 2 players is ridiculous one is enough tbh, it would work out to be the equivalent, money wise of one good fwd signing. Most clubs know that clubs who want to offload players are desperate and will only pay half on what they're worth. I'm afraid we've just got to take our medicine and hope we don't make the same mestake again.

While you say that Mark, I'd like to point out The Broncos. They got a smart and intuitive guy like Ben Ikin in there to manage the roster / weed out the Moses monopoly, and you can see their trajectory.

Secondly, they let some huge names go mid contract. And not just a few - a LOT.

They shed. They bled. They bred. They grew. They improved.

I don't see them acquiring slow, lumbering, heading to retirement players. I don't see them acquiring bottom of the table teams players. I don't see them re-signing players who are OBVIOUSLY not at the pace and speed of the game.

Jesus, I don't even think they'd acquire Jake, who is basically a tackle machine.

So to say it can't happen or not realistic is untrue. The proof is there for everyone to see. The blueprint on how to wash out the crap , wash out the effect a player manager can have on a roster, wash out the mediocrity and steer the ship in the right direction.

We can't keep on going with same old crap we have for years and expect change. And we are - Siebold isn't too far removed from Des' strategies and systems in my opinion. We should have just kept Des. It was just more drama that wasn't needed if you look at our crap product right now.

Forget loyalties now. These players in our team 1-30 don't deserve it anymore. I'm open to any and all of them (and the coaching staff, management and owners) to be flushed out of the system entirely, and to start again. We are insipid, and now unwatchable / enjoyable. Jesus mate, of the 30 something percent of games we've won since the jersey thing, even the wins are crap, as most of the time, we capitulate in the second half !

Anyways, I don't really watch anymore, and unless change happens, I'll continue that way, and I'm an ironed on supporter (and have seen MANY in my boat this season), and that's a real worry. It's a chore to watch these almost rans make a new and interesting excuse as to why they lose each and every week.

The most embarrassing part? Mestrov, Siebolds and Penn's claims we are a premiership team, this a premiership window, and it's exciting times. FMD, we've been a 40% win team WITH Tom in it the last 2 years. Let's all at least be realistic rather than deluded

While you say that Mark, I'd like to point out The Broncos. They got a smart and intuitive guy like Ben Ikin in there to manage the roster / weed out the Moses monopoly, and you can see their trajectory.

Secondly, they let some huge names go mid contract. And not just a few - a LOT.

They shed. They bled. They bred. They grew. They improved.

I don't see them acquiring slow, lumbering, heading to retirement players. I don't see them acquiring bottom of the table teams players. I don't see them re-signing players who are OBVIOUSLY not at the pace and speed of the game.

Jesus, I don't even think they'd acquire Jake, who is basically a tackle machine.

So to say it can't happen or not realistic is untrue. The proof is there for everyone to see. The blueprint on how to wash out the crap , wash out the effect a player manager can have on a roster, wash out the mediocrity and steer the ship in the right direction.

We can't keep on going with same old crap we have for years and expect change. And we are - Siebold isn't too far removed from Des' strategies and systems in my opinion. We should have just kept Des. It was just more drama that wasn't needed if you look at our crap product right now.

Forget loyalties now. These players in our team 1-30 don't deserve it anymore. I'm open to any and all of them (and the coaching staff, management and owners) to be flushed out of the system entirely, and to start again. We are insipid, and now unwatchable / enjoyable. Jesus mate, of the 30 something percent of games we've won since the jersey thing, even the wins are crap, as most of the time, we capitulate in the second half !

Anyways, I don't really watch anymore, and unless change happens, I'll continue that way, and I'm an ironed on supporter (and have seen MANY in my boat this season), and that's a real worry. It's a chore to watch these almost rans make a new and interesting excuse as to why they lose each and every week.

The most embarrassing part? Mestrov, Siebolds and Penn's claims we are a premiership team, this a premiership window, and it's exciting times. FMD, we've been a 40% win team WITH Tom in it the last 2 years. Let's all at least be realistic rather than deluded
I agree with the sentiment on the broncoes but they did recruit marty TBF - who we were keen to get rid of as he was slow, error prone and headed towards retirement.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8