Fletcher Myers (young fullback/centre)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Was fantastic in the trials, but I was pretty disappointed with his NSW Cup form. Talau is certainly an upgrade on him.
Have not observed much positive footage of Talau with the Tigers so far to make me have too much optimism about him.

It seems to be the way everyone worms out of contracts now. I'm not saying there isn't anything to it on this occasion but everyone just uses the homesick/mental health card whenever they fancy a move. Contracts don't seem to be worth anything

I must admit (and without knowing details on individual cases) that I sometimes smirk when I read that some player has gone to the UK and is now homesick.

So they've gone from 1 English speaking country to another, culturally on the same spectrum and the only difference is the weather? Buy some long johns and harden up!

Well...the weather and the bonus that they're on the doorstep of Europe and everything it has to offer.

We're all different I guess.

I must admit (and without knowing details on individual cases) that I sometimes smirk when I read that some player has gone to the UK and is now homesick.

So they've gone from 1 English speaking country to another, culturally on the same spectrum and the only difference is the weather? Buy some long johns and harden up!

Well...the weather and the bonus that they're on the doorstep of Europe and everything it has to offer.

I went to England years ago, after a month I felt hugely (home)sick ... moved to Italy and travelled between France and Turkey ... man I felt great ... just saying

I am disappointed to hear this however not sure if it is becasue I really wanted him to succeed versus whether he is up to it. Still another "talented" junior has left.

And you left the part out about being paid well to do it!

We have to let a few go at the end of the season and it makes sense to let the kid go if he is asking. I expect we won't be resigning about half a dozen of the current squad coming off contract and that's how we are balancing the books.

Will he save O’Brien back at the Knights? I think the crack in that windscreen is only going to grow!

He has more chance with Gagai in front of him and on the career slide to oblivion.

Could see his attacking ability , defence a bit to work on . Back to Fegg for a while now and every indication well down on the pecking order now to break into Manly i st grade or any time soon . Note that he can or has played a bit of full back this season also . Free up some cap space , still would be rated a fair prospect but limited prospects at Manly as things have panned out for him . Can only wish him well ,

To be fair to the kid (and he is a kid) he is from up that way and it is a decent move to be away from your family at that age.

It does amaze me when so many people seem to discount the fact that most of the players we love to watch are all fairly young and have had what could be described as a less than worldly level of life experience

To be fair to the kid (and he is a kid) he is from up that way and it is a decent move to be away from your family at that age.

It does amaze me when so many people seem to discount the fact that most of the players we love to watch are all fairly young and have had what could be described as a less than worldly level of life experience
Spot on @Isz.

I read into that article that his calling is teaching first and foremost.

And whilst he also happens to be pretty good at footy he's probably worked out he's not quite in the mix for 1st grade so he may as well do that living at home rather than Sydney whilst studying too.
Playing reggies can give him a decent paycheck whilst not having to compromise his studies to reach NRL level.
Some can do it - study and NRL ( eg Turbo and Bully) but if all their ducks aren't in a row - eg living away from home - then something has to give.

Good luck to him, at least he's made a decision now rather than be on the treadmill and maybe compromise both career paths.

• 👍
Reactions: lsz

Mate ... the modern generation get home sick moving from Curl Curl to Freshwater .. and they literally have no idea whether they are arthur or matha

Please GE ,you cannot be comparing your culturally gifted mindset to those unethically, hedonistic meatheads.

I was very close to Myers when he came over to say ‘hi’ to someone in the crowd after Flegg played at Brookie recently, and he actually looked rather small of build - especially for an NRL player. i had thought he was built, based on a pic when he first came to the club… but not the case. Didn’t look close to being big enough for first grade, anyway.

I was very close to Myers when he came over to say ‘hi’ to someone in the crowd after Flegg played at Brookie recently, and he actually looked rather small of build - especially for an NRL player. i had thought he was built, based on a pic when he first came to the club… but not the case. Didn’t look close to being big enough for first grade, anyway.
Speed and talent has proven to overcome the size factor by many talented players

Probably because they are transitioning from Arthur to Martha;)
Speaking of Martha
We have been playing like Martha and not Manly

We need to get that resilient winning Manly spirit back

We need to start getting back to play like Manly again with resilient back to back wins

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8