Fletcher Myers (young fullback/centre)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
In the past 2-3 years, we’ve lost/let go off these young players:

Josh Feledy
Sione Fainu
Alex Tuitavake
Villiami Fifita

There was another young back who went to Newcastle a couple of years ago but his name escapes.

How many first grade games have these guys played since leaving Manly?

My point being, if other clubs come knocking (or player managers create bidding wars) throwing big money at young players who haven’t yet proved themselves in first grade, what would you prefer happen?

1. We throw however much money it takes to keep them (jeopardising our ability to be able to upgrade & keep existing stars).

2. Let them go with the risk they may become superstars?

How many have fallen into #1 compared to #2 over the years?

I can think of quite a few #1s while Gutho & Hynes spring to mind for #2s.

If Myers can't beat Talau out for a centre spot then Myers doesn't deserve a first grade spot.
That’s right.Just because the club signs a player like Talau,doesn’t mean any other centre at the club is blocked out.It’s all about competition for positions.Just because Myers made a couple of decent runs in a trial match,doesn’t mean he’s the next Jamie Lyon.He needs a bit more work and time in the reggies.

If Myers is not in the top 30 for 2024, he will not get an opportunity to beat Talau.
Same concept though, if his form is undeniable this year they'll get him in there, if not he'd have to wait, at worse till round 11.

We also have Parker, Harper and Veaga off contract.

So Meyers will break through when he is ready.

Josh Feledy
Sione Fainu
Alex Tuitavake
Villiami Fifita

There was another young back who went to Newcastle a couple of years ago but his name escapes.

My point being, if other clubs come knocking (or player managers create bidding wars) throwing big money at young players who haven’t yet proved themselves in first grade, what would you prefer happen?

1. We throw however much money it takes to keep them (jeopardising our ability to be able to upgrade & keep existing stars).

Mapai...langi

Or something like that

The 5/8-Centre

Josh Feledy
Sione Fainu
Alex Tuitavake
Villiami Fifita

And to be fair,in both instances,Gutherson and Hynes,they were decisions that can’t really be held against the club.Gutherson was and is not in TomT’s class(ignore Tom’s injury situation)and Hynes was not in the right head space for Manly to hang on to for a few years until he came good.

we have issues in the centres.
1. Parker - too slow and starting to get owned in defence by faster backs
2. Koula - has not shown anything this year, and has missed many tackles resulting in tries.
3. harper - no need to comment, not NRL
4. Talau - TBC
5. Myers - showed great footwork, speed and brains, defence TBC

in summary Myers, i would be testing in NRl above the rest ASAP

And to be fair,in both instances,Gutherson and Hynes,they were decisions that can’t really be held against the club.Gutherson was and is not in TomT’s class(ignore Tom’s injury situation)and Hynes was not in the right head space for Manly to hang on to for a few years until he came good.

I think you are wrong on both counts.

Gutherson was signed to a 3 year contract, then did his ACL first match of 2015. Tooves was sacked, Fulton signed Walker and Tapau.
Gutho was told to piss off - they traded Gutho for Walker. Walker was bought to play 5/8th - we know how that worked out - Gutherson is an excellent 5/8th.

Hynes was a gun halfback for Manly under 20's. Was promised a contract for 2017. He got an injury and Barrett told him Manly were no longer going to offer him a contract.
Played the next 2 seasons in Qld as no other club wanted him. The rest is history.

Manly don't seem to understand talent when it's presented to them on a plate
Looking for short term instead of long term success.

2. Koula - has not shown anything this year, and has missed many tackles resulting in tries.
4. Talau - TBC

I can't agree re: Koula, we've really missed his speed and footwork. Don't forget the games he played this year were alongside Tui and not Saab

4. Talau - TBC

Koula hasn’t shown anything Lolol…..yeah right mate!

4. Talau - TBC

Hey Birdman

Totally disagree with Toula, he is and will be a future Matai plus more. Given reserves and Talau both Parker & Harper are gone next year, rightly so. Huge fan of Parker, his defense is awesome, unfortunately he is one hit away from a concussion retirement. Sad but true. Harper....seriously a no brainer. I totally agree we do have an issue in the centers. Do not think we are that far away from TT being in the centers with Toula. Manly if they continue to pay big bucks for his skill will need to manage game time and involvement in the game.

I agree Meyers should get a shot, but timing is everything. I think we all do not know how he'll go in first grade but deserves a chance. Hope he wins, that's the Manly way.

4. Talau - TBC

A bit harsh on Koula I reckon. I can think of one missed tackle that led to a try ........ but many?? He still looks our most likely in attack and so I couldn't possibly put Myers ahead of him (and I really like Myers).

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4