Flanagan Signed as assistant

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well considering how badly we have trashed the Manly brand over the last 4 months I'd say if the sponsors hadn't bailed by now then bringing Flanno might not be all that concerning to sponsors. We seriously couldn't flush our brand down any further if they tried.

And How many asst coaches in the NRL do you see on TV ... as opposed to NRL commentators being paid to actually appear on TV ?

If the sponsors have no problem when he is "high" profile .. I can't see why they would have a problem when he is buried at a club as an assistant ...

I think it’s actually not a bad sign Seibold is courting Flanagan. It seemed to me that Seibold believed his own press at the Broncos, but now realises that an experienced deputy is essential. I can always forgive mistakes provided that the lessons are learned.
You are spot on. When Seibold was asked by the board what else he needed support wise to ensure success at Manly, his first response was 'Flannagan as assistant'.

Well considering how badly we have trashed the Manly brand over the last 4 months I'd say if the sponsors hadn't bailed by now then bringing Flanno might not be all that concerning to sponsors. We seriously couldn't flush our brand down any further if they tried.
Maybe we could get Pfizer to sponsor us !

Just sayin’

It’s just awful to watch.
The sad thing is it happens every couple of years.

Guess that it may depend on how keen Flannagan is on eventually or being in a better position to get a crack again as a main N R L coach . Not too sure what an average assistant coach pay is these days and Flannagan "s other media gigs at present probably pay O K . Showing or giving an indication of being a capable assistant coach would certainly help or act as a stepping stone to being considered at a I st grade coaching level again . Would think that he would be more inclined to take up the challenge but no doubt a few other considerations to come into the mix .

Guess that it may depend on how keen Flannagan is on eventually or being in a better position to get a crack again as a main N R L coach . Not too sure what an average assistant coach pay is these days and Flannagan "s other media gigs at present probably pay O K . Showing or giving an indication of being a capable assistant coach would certainly help or act as a stepping stone to being considered at a I st grade coaching level again . Would think that he would be more inclined to take up the challenge but no doubt a few other considerations to come into the mix .
Probably shouldn't use the words crack and Flannagan in the same sentence. Some idiot like me, might try to make a joke out of it.

1666596023280.png

Former Sharks premiership winning coach Shane Flanagan is set to join Anthony Seibold as an assistant coach at the Manly Sea Eagles pending a release from the Dragons.

The Daily Telegraph reported Flanagan is poised to accept an offer from Manly to be an assistant to Seibold after finalising a release from his Dragons contract in the next 24 hours.

The three-year-deal through until the end of 2025 comes with a clasue allowing him to pursue a head coaching role after 12 months in a move that could be the springboard to getting Flanagan back into the head coaching ranks after his departure from the Sharks in 2018.

Flanagan is expected to join former Titans assistant Jim Dymock as Seibold’s right-hand men when the replacements for sacked coach Des Hasler and his team of assistants are rubber-stamped.

Manly CEO Tony Mestrov has reportedly reached an agreement with both Flanagan and Dymock.

Flanagan is set to take up his deal and begin work with Manly next month when he returns from the World Cup.

The 56-year-old veteran of 185 NRL matches as coach of the Sharks is finalising a release from his role in recruitment with the Dragons, but it is understood the club will not stand in his way of returning to the coaching game at a rival club.

Flanagan has struggled to return to the NRL head coaching ranks since he was deregistered by the NRL in 2018.

Manly will soon announce Seibold as their new head coach on a mooted three-year deal mirroring Flanagan and Dymock’s deals.

The Sea Eagles view Flanagan as the ideal candidate to assist Seibold in his first head coaching role since his disastrous tenure at the Broncos.

Flanagan coached the Sharks for eight seasons, but was banned from coaching in 2014 due to the club’s supplements scandal.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4