Flanagan Signed as assistant

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thank you @AndWeDon'tCare but a courting dance like this always requires a dance partner. I am interested to know who is driving this on the MWSE side of the ballroom. The answer to that question could/would give us an indication of the direction ahead.

Apparently not signed or even spoken to. Siebold still has World Cup commitments. This sounds more like Manly - sack a coach and no confirmed appointment.

Who will be running training on the first day back?
Pretty sure Silvertails posters put their hands up to coach. Anyone heard from the club?

Rest assured @Eagles4Life there is a connection between Shane being "courted" by Manly and the sudden rise of articles pertaining to the St George Illawarra Dragons.

There is a real push to get Shane a high profile job away from the "list management consultant" title he currently has at the Dragons and that push is from his media "friends".

One way or another (cue Blondie) they are desperate to have Shane employed in a more senior role, shoving down our throats, his road to redemption.

I hope we have a roundabout on our road and he turns back towards the Dragons.

Be a fool if he thinks he is getting the steelers job. When hook is punted Dean Young appears to have the job but funnier things have happened.

If Flanno turns us down (don't care either way) his coaching days must be over who would appoint him to be head coach after so long out of the game? He needs to be an assistant and hope the club does well and he gets another shot.

I guess there is always a club desperate.

The only reason he is coming to manly (if he is even coming ) is that no other club has offered him a role due to sponsorship concerns with his brand.

Surely manly is the last club any prospective coach or assistant coach would choose.
Strange that Fox sports, 2GB and the dragons (his current employers) who all need sponsors don't feel this way, so I don't think that's the case.

Strange that Fox sports, 2GB and the dragons (his current employers) who all need sponsors don't feel this way, so I don't think that's the case.

He does not hold a prominent position in any of these organisations and when on radio or T.V, his time is limited, he is not a lead caller, he does not present a program on Fox and he is not heavily promoted by any of these organisations.

They have the right balance with respect to his appearances on T.V and when he is heard on radio but that all may change very soon.

Thank you @AndWeDon'tCare but a courting dance like this always requires a dance partner. I am interested to know who is driving this on the MWSE side of the ballroom. The answer to that question could/would give us an indication of the direction ahead.

Seibold is the dance partner, it is whether the Club is cognisant of all that is happening between the two in the U.K that intrigues me.

He does not hold a prominent position in any of these organisations and when on radio or T.V, his time is limited, he is not a lead caller, he does not present a program on Fox and he is not heavily promoted by any of these organisations.

They have the right balance with respect to his appearances on T.V and when he is heard on radio but that all may change very soon.
Those organisations are just as averse to the risk of sponsors leaving as our club is, if it was a potential issue in any way they wouldn't hire him I think.

I think it’s actually not a bad sign Seibold is courting Flanagan. It seemed to me that Seibold believed his own press at the Broncos, but now realises that an experienced deputy is essential. I can always forgive mistakes provided that the lessons are learned.

it has been reported a few times that sponsors of clubs would become very nervous about their brand if he was made head coach at their organisations hence why tigers bulldogs did not consider him. However this of course could be wrong. Just rumours.

it has been reported a few times that sponsors of clubs would become very nervous about their brand if he was made head coach at their organisations hence why tigers bulldogs did not consider him. However this of course could be wrong. Just rumours
I think you’re right on this. The irony is that if he came back as a coach and was successful, his sins would be quickly forgotten or minimised. Everyone loves a winner.

My personal view, though, is that while I like the idea of Flanagan as an assistant coach from a technical and outcomes perspective , I’m uneasy about it because I don’t think I’ve heard any contrition from him.

I’m much softer than many on this site - I will forgive where contrition is shown because I recognise people are human and make mistakes. Struth, I’ve made plenty.

I like a redemption story because if you don’t allow for redemption, what can those mere mortals amongst us strive towards?

A
another article saying flanno hasn't spoken to Manly

The reports come amid speculation that former Cronulla premiership-winning coach Shane Flanagan had accepted a deal to become Seibold's assistant at Manly.

However, the 56-year-old has refuted any such suggestion after telling Fox Sports that he hadn't spoken to Manly “at all”.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/nrl-202...term=Sport&ncid=facebook_facebook_k0cpmc7b04w
At this point speaking to Siebold can't be classed as speaking to Manly as Siebold hasn't been officially announced as yet

accrding to BSB Seibold has been ringing people to advise they are no longer required at club.

I hope he gives himself a call shortly.
First phone call to Mestrov, Fulton and others who are signing these absolute pylons and putting the clamps on them. Next to Laurie Daley to get his arse on board and mediate these goose's.

it has been reported a few times that sponsors of clubs would become very nervous about their brand if he was made head coach at their organisations hence why tigers bulldogs did not consider him. However this of course could be wrong. Just rumours.
Good thing about us is that we've already blown up our brand, so there's that 🙄

For those of you wondering what talent Flanagan might bring with him, besides a firm grasp of modern pharmaceuticals, try to remember that he last coached the Sharks five years ago. Five years is an eternity in rugby league. Half of their current roster probably don't even know who he is.
Valid point. The game leaves coaches behind very quickly.

I think Flanagan has done his time, he has a great knowledge of the game and I think we could do a lot worse ... give him and Siebold a chance before you write them off ...I think we all agree we need a change of direction

Well considering how badly we have trashed the Manly brand over the last 4 months I'd say if the sponsors hadn't bailed by now then bringing Flanno might not be all that concerning to sponsors. We seriously couldn't flush our brand down any further if they tried.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4