Farewell to a sometimes Manly fan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mark, Just got back from a 2 week trip without internet to open this forum. I know nothing can be said to ease the pain you are going through, and especial the your daughter and your grand kids. Whilst life is not fair, at least the suffering is over for your son. You should stand tall and feel proud of the fight, it has been 4 years. That shows his character, as most would have given up! That comes from parenting and that comes from you and your other half.

Thanks mate , the **** he went through to stay alive for his kids as long as he could goes way beyond what most people would have.

He spent the last two years in constant pain, getting worse each month but he refused much of the pain killers so he could do more with his kids, the drugs ( as he said) took the pain away but made him tired , sleepy and in his words “ ****ing useless “.

Up to the end of October that was his life.

Then it got way to bad for that approach.

Plus bowel Cancer ops ( three), liver ops ( two) all in Sydney and away from his kids , 18 weeks of radiation away from home , and four years of chemo.

Probably got him two more years of life but boy he paid a price.

Absolute champion fella, and an incredible strength of character!!

Thanks mate , the **** he went through to stay alive for his kids as long as he could goes way beyond what most people would have.

He spent the last two years in constant pain, getting worse each month but he refused much of the pain killers so he could do more with his kids, the drugs ( as he said) took the pain away but made him tired , sleepy and in his words “ ****ing useless “.

Up to the end of October that was his life.

Then it got way to bad for that approach.

Plus bowel Cancer ops ( three), liver ops ( two) all in Sydney and away from his kids , 18 weeks of radiation away from home , and four years of chemo.

Probably got him two more years of life but boy he paid a price.

Absolute champion fella, and an incredible strength of character!!

Reading that brings a tear to my eye.
The battle he fought none of us will truly understand, I hope that when your grandkids are old enough that they are comforted by his actions.
They may never get over losing their dad but they will never lose his love.

I'm sorry to hear of your loss Mark..
I was wondering how things were going a couple of weeks ago, but wasn't sure how to bring it up incase I'd missed something. I hope you and his young family are sticking together and sharing plenty of happy memories of Mick. All the best to you and the family :heart:

His family and a couple of close mates are here doing his Eulogy now , my daughter is at times laughing and at times crying her eyes out.

His funeral is Wednesday at 10.00am.

Incredibly ( for a small country town) 3 very well known people died the exact same day and have their funerals the exact same day and time, it will mean the numbers at each will be down.

Funny Mick thought he’d get immediate family and a few mates along , maybe 30-40, I’d suggest it will be more like 500 and had there not been three of them on probably 1000.

There’s some downsides in a country town but the upside is everyone knows you!!

Just letting you know ( mainly because of how many of you were involved in the fabulous Go Fund Me fundraiser 2 years ago) that my Panther loving son in law Mick, who was known to don a Manly jersey and attend games with me, lost his four year battle with cancer last night.

Mick leaves behind a wife ( our daughter Alice) and two sons, Tom 8 and Sam 7.

Our hearts are broken beyond belief at present but we are relieved than Micks pain and suffering ( enormous in the last month) is finally over.

RIP Micko, my part time Eagles supporter.

PS: And a final thank you to so very many of you that helped raise almost $20k for them to make some fabulous memories in 2016-17.

Sad to hear the news Mark ..... My condolences to you, your family and friends....

Sad news Mark, but it’s great that the Silvertails and others were able to help Mick and his family enjoy some quality time together, which I am sure all will cherish as fond memories. We all have to go sometime, but Mick went way too soon.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8