Faith in Walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I am a huge Parker fan and a huge not Walker fan so I am very biased. But Walker playing in the centres whilst Parker was off for a HIA, and then again when Tom went off, just showed how he gets turned inside out in defence. Parker has proven himself this year and I think it is too quick to jump on dropping him after one dodgy game. Everyone has them - even Schuey wasn't at his best. Hope he gets back into that incredible defensive form he's been in for the next two weeks especially!

If there is any Walker fans that think he is not a massive defensive liability at centre have rocks in their head. The first 3 structured plays at his edge:
1. Try by Sharks- disallowed by forward pass
2. Walker turns in again, sharks run 30m up the sideline
3. Try straight past him

Walker is a better attacking player than Parker but no way we can play him at centre.
Perspective time

1. The forward pass was made because Walker put the defensive pressure on the Sharks player which resulted in a no try.
2, The Sharks player went inside Foz not around Walker
3.Straight past him ???? Here are the highlights

Have a great day @The better Robbo . God speed . We will agree to disagree

After last night I am starting to think that neither Parker nor Walker are the answer at centre.
It would not surprise me to see Koula come in at some stage next year and see Brad repurposed as a backrower/utility type player much like Mitch Aubusson.

Walker in this current setup, can add punch as a middle threat....but I think Parker at left centre is the best option, had an off night but generally very safe and far better defensively, which we will need vs Storm/ Penrith and Souths.
If Manly can win attacking tempo, have enough threats with Tom, DCE and Schu to score points, a strike centre is not needed in this current setup....but unlike most, reckon Walker in the modern game is definitely a bench option that can make an impact
Also I can't really blame Walkers retaliation to that Chambers tool....every Manly player ripped into him and off his carry on, Manly piled on 2 quick tries.
I thought Sirro was our biggest liability as looked pedestrian in attack and soft defensively getting dominated both sides of the coin
I see things differently feathered friend to your Parker is our best option at left centre

Lack of pace is a liability not only in attack but also in defence and Parkers lack of pace has been exposed and will be a bulls eye target for the opposition

Manly Backs were meant to fly

We will agree to disagree

Perspective time

Speed Kills and if you have the capacity to always score more points than your opposition

You will never be beaten

Perspective time

Speed Kills and if you have the capacity to always score more points than your opposition

You will never be beaten

Ahhhh yes.
The 2005 West's Tigers approach to footy.

Excellent theory.

So good in fact, it's come to fruition exactly once in the 40 odd years I've been watching league.

Just re watched the highlights, walks had his hips pointed to the sideline and he was outside the ball runner who just trotted through. Embarrassing.

It would not surprise me to see Koula come in at some stage next year and see Brad repurposed as a backrower/utility type player much like Mitch Aubusson.
I agree. Don’t forget Beaver, Luke Ricketson and Terry Randall all started out as centres. The latest is Euon Aitken that made a good fist of it on the weekend. Notably they were all good defenders as is Hank.

Not that it is likely to happen, but I think Schuster could very be effective at centre - defensively sound - pace (sufficient), footwork & power - would create many opportunities for his winger or those inside him.

Not that it is likely to happen, but I think Schuster could very be effective at centre - defensively sound - pace (sufficient), footwork & power - would create many opportunities for his winger or those inside him.
This could work if we had Lawton inside him in defence, and alternating inside/outside in attack. They both have great hands, Lawton can run tough lines, and with Turbo wrapping around or cutting back inside, Garrick getting more scoring opportunities etc I can really only see upside from this change. No it's not going to happen but our defence improves when Lawton starts on an edge.
Turbo
Garrick
Schuster
Harper
Saab
Foran
DCE
Paseka
Crocker
Sipley
Lawton
Haumole
Jake

Walker/Parker
Keppie
Aloiai
Taupau

I'm not sure Schuster is any quicker than Parker but agree he could be a great centre. I actually thought he would debut as a centre.

Love it, I'm with @madmax , Iove him. People make mistakes, and it's all relative. Love how all the perfect citizens here are so judgmental. There ARE players that burn their bridges, but he was found not guilty of the serious charges.

Don't get me wrong, there IS a line in the sand.
Is that line proven guilt? As long as you can get off the charge all is well with the world?

Walker in 2021:

12 games
6 starts
689 mins Avg 57
3 try
2 try assist
8 try caused (against)
3 line break
6 line break caused (against)
124 tackles
23 missed
9 errors