Faith in Walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I really never had a problem with his ability.Walker dug a hole for himself years ago and basically put Manly in the hole with him. What he did to himself, you just can not brush off and move on, it’s not that simple. He does try out on the field but he only produces when he has great players around him or capitalises on others that do the hard work. After all the crap that’s gone down with this guy I am left thinking he has milked Manly for everything he could get. I was over this guy at least 2 years ago.

He was pretty good last night I thought, he just needs to learn to not overplay his hand. A bit more composure from him would have seen us control the tempo of the game better and probably come away with the win. Some of those early kicks were atrocious. Can't fault his effort though, and he ran the ball well.

He was pretty good last night I thought, he just needs to learn to not overplay his hand. A bit more composure from him would have seen us control the tempo of the game better and probably come away with the win. Some of those early kicks were atrocious. Can't fault his effort though, and he ran the ball well.
I agree. He has been running the ball nicely of late. Just needs to pass every now and then particularly when out in the backline. Actually given his form and the fact that Turbo will be out this week, I would like to see him at FB this Friday......for one more experiment. I think he might surprise a few people. Also that leaves the backline almost intact assuming Cherry backs up. Minimal disruption and plays to recent form. Prefer this to the obvious Garrick option which has been ho hum at best and requires some major hail mary changes to our backline.

I agree. He has been running the ball nicely of late. Just needs to pass every now and then particularly when out in the backline. Actually given his form and the fact that Turbo will be out this week, I would like to see him at FB this Friday......for one more experiment. I think he might surprise a few people. Also that leaves the backline almost intact assuming Cherry backs up. Minimal disruption and plays to recent form. Prefer this to the obvious Garrick option which has been ho hum at best and requires some major hail mary changes to our backline.
At least he can pass. Garrick can’t.

I think Walker would be better off leaving and playing centre in a team that want him in his most familiar position. I don't believe continuously shuffling him around into a raft of unfamiliar positions has done anything for his game or our team. It is clear Des doesn't want him at centre so I kind of hope he gets a gig elsewhere and gets back to his best.

I think Walker would be better off leaving and playing centre in a team that want him in his most familiar position. I don't believe continuously shuffling him around into a raft of unfamiliar positions has done anything for his game or our team. It is clear Des doesn't want him at centre so I kind of hope he gets a gig elsewhere and gets back to his best.

Sad, but very fair unfortunately. Will be devastating to me. I honestly think he and Garrick (centre / wing) would be absolutely destructive.

I think that stint he had a couple of seasons ago (when we previously had been playing lights /fortress Brookie style defence.
He came back into the side and was a absolute liability in defence at centre for 3 or 4 games.
I often wonder if that eye opening set of games if he was not on his usual playing side.

Tbh I can’t even recall what he was like at Centre. It’s been that long since he seems to have played there and I’m not even joking. Said it elsewhere I prefer Parker ahead of him based on defence and attacking structure, cohesion(decoy running ability etc). Centre for mine these days is a more important defensive position, especially for us where more selfless plays feeding the outside guys is the priority (Harper is learning this). Not really ever been a fan of this guy for many reasons and would be happy to see the back of him. But if we keep him and either Centre goes down I’d be keen to see him there and hope he does well. If he excels there taking his chance he should keep the spot. We may or may not see whether this occurs.

When on the field he lacks consistency that one would expect from a player of his caliber. I would not invest a large chunk of the salary cap in him again.
Agree, player like Connor Watson and nicho hynds Accel whatever position they play. Walks is not that guy.

Sad, but very fair unfortunately. Will be devastating to me. I honestly think he and Garrick (centre / wing) would be absolutely destructive.
They would be a very destructive strike weapon ,but at what cost ?
Scorpio is reliable in defence there now but lacks Walkers try scoring prowess .
It's all a plus /minus move.
I probably take defence over attack on that side as we have multiple attacking players for once in a very long time.

I think that stint he had a couple of seasons ago (when we previously had been playing lights /fortress Brookie style defence.
He came back into the side and was a absolute liability in defence at centre for 3 or 4 games.
I often wonder if that eye opening set of games if he was not on his usual playing side.
Yeah, no doubt he has had his issues defensively at times. I’m not sure which side he prefers, I just think shifting between centre, 5/8, fullback, utility/lock and now half would mess up any chance of getting back to form.

I actually think he would make a very handy 14.

Walker has always been a bit of a ball hog, and I think this year in limited games he has "tried too hard" when he gets on the field.

Happened to Lach Croker last couple of years as well, until he cemented a spot.

Walker has always been a bit of a ball hog, and I think this year in limited games he has "tried too hard" when he gets on the field.

Big question then is at how much $$$
If he stays I'd like him to bulk up a bit and hopefully keen some of that tenacity he has.

2021 footy requires defensive centres.

Walker is not a top class defensive centre.
Never has been, never will be.

And that's fine.

But the game has moved on, and we need to move on with it (which Des seemingly has, regarding Walker).
Perspective time

The faster game is a high points scoring game and Walker is our most decorated , experienced class centre and class centres rise above all their competitors and win centre of the year and win grand finals and rep selections with their speed skill and flair

The game had moved on from Snails to Speed freaks

Des has signed Walker for another 2 years

Speed kills and the faster you go the bigger the mediocre mess you leave behind :)

Last edited:

Walker is a ball Hog because he is a runner.
and is a dynamic runner in the clear

And it is clear that he is wasted in the halves and at lock

LOL
A premiership winning back line
at training on the athletic field

download.jpg

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16