Faith in Walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
So why have both Barrett and Hasler not played him at centre for most of the time he's been here?

Seeing that both coaches (very different in most ways) arrived at the same conclusion, then surely they are not both wrong on this point?
I was told months ago by my bro that Manly don't see him as a centre anymore but when I posted that on here, for some reason it was shut down. It seems most on here know better than the coaches... including Barrett. He may well get a chance to fill in as centre and he may do well but it'll be very interesting to see how he fits into the plan. I see him as our Tyrone Peachey, plays anyway everywhere and like Woodsie said he just gets on with the job. At the right price he is such a weapon to have in our side and I can't believe some on here don't want him beyond this year!

We've had both the past few rounds while Dylan was available, yet both centre positions remain occupied by two other dudes.

Just saying... given that Walker has been here for 5+ years I am inclined to believe that Des is aware of what his strengths and weaknesses are, and has picked him at 14 instead of centre for a reason.

Des isn't always right but seeing as we're currently 9 wins from 11 games I am prepared to back him on this one

I think the centre issue may be more a case of rewarding Harper and Parker for their form ... I suspect that if either weren't doing so well, Dessie would have put Dylan straight back into the centres ... same as Suli ...

I think the centre issue may be more a case of rewarding Harper and Parker for their form ... I suspect that if either weren't doing so well, Dessie would have put Dylan straight back into the centres ... same as Suli ...

Until Walker and Suli become better than Harper and Parker defensively, they will not be first choice in their preferred position.

I think this is most unlikely to happen, given Walkers propensity for arm grabbing, and Sulis lack of extra effort, and ability to read what's coming at him.

Until Walker and Suli become better than Harper and Parker defensively, they will not be first choice in their preferred position.

I think this is most unlikely to happen, given Walkers propensity for arm grabbing, and Sulis lack of extra effort, and ability to read what's coming at him.

Agree in principle ... but a thought lingers, that we have seen the difference in our attack, and the performances of Harper and Parker since we have been providing both our centre's with plenty of good ball, early, and at the line ... Walker would also benefit greatly from our new style ... also arm grabbing tends to be a symptom of fitness, not being where you want to be quick enough .. Walkers defense is up to scratch when he is fit and in form.

Suli ... well that is a cat of a different colour ... effort and workload is an attitude thing ..

Agree in principle ... but a thought lingers, that we have seen the difference in our attack, and the performances of Harper and Parker since we have been providing both our centre's with plenty of good ball, early, and at the line ... Walker would also benefit greatly from our new style ... also arm grabbing tends to be a symptom of fitness, not being where you want to be quick enough .. Walkers defense is up to scratch when he is fit and in form.

Suli ... well that is a cat of a different colour ... effort and workload is an attitude thing ..
Walker is not as fast as he used to be. He used to rely on his speed to make up for his short comings in positional play but he is losing that edge faster than he is learning to get to the right spot earlier. A big factor in this is his lack of game time as he transitions from a young speedster to the older wiley vetereran. Needs to learn new skills in order to reinvent himself.

Hey I'm not sticking up for or bagging any players here.

Just pointing out out the contradiction I see for bagging people for judging players then judging players.

Side note, a Shisha is very different to a bong
in the good old days it was just a chillum

He could do worse than add some bulk in the off season, if he can limit any drop off in speed it would help him as the 14/15

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8