Faith in Walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Well, in his last 10 games he has been asked to play fullback then centre, then 5/8th, then middle forward, then halfback ... and without any apparent drama or complaint ... has just got on with his job.

The blokes a quality player .. and one thing you can't control is injuries .. but you can control attitude ... and that part must be okay as far Dessie is concerned .. now just the dumb behavour stuff to deal with ..

And just an opinion ... DCE is one of the fittest blokes in the comp, playing in a position that requires a very very high level of fitness ... given the few games and minutes Walker has played in the past 12 months .. he may/will struggles at times tonight ... I'll be cutting him some slack as long as what he does do, is quality ..

Well, in his last 10 games he has been asked to play fullback then centre, then 5/8th, then middle forward, then halfback ... and without any apparent drama or complaint ... has just got on with his job.

The blokes a quality player .. and one thing you can't control is injuries .. but you can control attitude ... and that part must be okay as far Dessie is concerned .. now just the dumb behavour stuff to deal with ..

And just an opinion ... DCE is one of the fittest blokes in the comp, playing in a position that requires a very very high level of fitness ... given the few games and minutes Walker has played in the past 12 months .. he may/will struggles at times tonight ... I'll be cutting him some slack as long as what he does do, is quality ..

He'll absolutely slay tonight mate 😊

Fair comment Woodsie, even though I can't stand the guy. We have never given him a fair chance in his correct position.

Love it, I'm with @madmax , Iove him. People make mistakes, and it's all relative. Love how all the perfect citizens here are so judgmental. There ARE players that burn their bridges, but he was found not guilty of the serious charges.

Don't get me wrong, there IS a line in the sand.
Aren't you always up guys like Suli for smoking a Shisha etc?

On Walker, happy if the price is decent which I assume it is. Great player when in form

So why have both Barrett and Hasler not played him at centre for most of the time he's been here?

Seeing that both coaches (very different in most ways) arrived at the same conclusion, then surely they are not both wrong on this point?

Firstly lack of a 5/8th ... then lack of a fullback ...

So why have both Barrett and Hasler not played him at centre for most of the time he's been here?

Seeing that both coaches (very different in most ways) arrived at the same conclusion, then surely they are not both wrong on this point?

2020/21 NRL requires high quality defensive centres. Attack is secondary these days for that position.
Walker is way down the list in that regard.

It's a no-brainer that Des is playing him in the middle. Plays to Walkers strengths.

Who knows about Dylan?

Could be the King of Pitcairn Island, or a descendant of "deserter" Fletcher Christian.

Just joking, no offence to family, however whatever, the Club needs strong "get out" clauses in his contract due to his own form.

Personally, I would sit on the fence on this decision (providing I don't fall off!)

Happy with the signing walker is worth the extension and will play a role in us going deep into finals over the coming years.

Firstly lack of a 5/8th ... then lack of a fullback ...

We've had both the past few rounds while Dylan was available, yet both centre positions remain occupied by two other dudes.

Just saying... given that Walker has been here for 5+ years I am inclined to believe that Des is aware of what his strengths and weaknesses are, and has picked him at 14 instead of centre for a reason.

Des isn't always right but seeing as we're currently 9 wins from 11 games I am prepared to back him on this one

But what's our plan with him? Outside back depth? Utility role? As if he's happy with that plus a significant cut off his contract lmao.

2020/21 NRL requires high quality defensive centres. Attack is secondary these days for that position.
Walker is way down the list in that regard.

It's a no-brainer that Des is playing him in the middle. Plays to Walkers strengths.
Yep, he is being groomed as our Tyrone Peachey

Aren't you always up guys like Suli for smoking a Shisha etc?

On Walker, happy if the price is decent which I assume it is. Great player when in form

It's not the smoking of bong(s) per say, it's the gang crap mentality attached to it all. It cost Addin Fonua-Blake his spot on our team. Manase is currently waiting a trial (very serious charges). Suli can't get into first grade unless injury permits.

I always declared that the smoking, the gold teeth, the culture, the hand signals, the supporting of John Hopoate anti-Manly comment's, the sharing of lewd pictures, the stabbings, is all part of a systemic issue / culture problem - related to a gang mentality.

To compare that to Dylan Walker is a joke. If you can't differentiate these issues, then I don't know how to convince you, dude. For the record, I've seen many, MANY interviews from new and / or young players / rookies crediting Walker to his application at training, and his inclusive culture withing the group.

In summary, I'll continue to be up Fainu, Suli, Fonua-Blake & any other player that filters these types of cultural behaviors through our great club....

That's why attitudes like Croker, Trbojevic, DCE, Taupau & others are paramount.

that's why Cust is 14

It's not the smoking of bong(s) per say, it's the gang crap mentality attached to it all. It cost Addin Fonua-Blake his spot on our team. Manase is currently waiting a trial (very serious charges). Suli can't get into first grade unless injury permits.

I always declared that the smoking, the gold teeth, the culture, the hand signals, the supporting of John Hopoate anti-Manly comment's, the sharing of lewd pictures, the stabbings, is all part of a systemic issue / culture problem - related to a gang mentality.

To compare that to Dylan Walker is a joke. If you can't differentiate these issues, then I don't know how to convince you, dude. For the record, I've seen many, MANY interviews from new and / or young players / rookies crediting Walker to his application at training, and his inclusive culture withing the group.

In summary, I'll continue to be up Fainu, Suli, Fonua-Blake & any other player that filters these types of cultural behaviors through our great club....

That's why attitudes like Croker, Trbojevic, DCE, Taupau & others are paramount.
Hey I'm not sticking up for or bagging any players here.

Just pointing out out the contradiction I see for bagging people for judging players then judging players.

Side note, a Shisha is very different to a bong

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8