Factions

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
Premium Member
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
What the hell is it with Manly and factions and how do we ever get past it?
Obviously the most damaging faction shoot out has been ownership and, while that infighting is apparently done and dusted, it does feel like the lingering stench of that particular faction war is still damaging the club.
Word has it that the faction war was the undoing of Toovey when he backed the wrong horse.
Now it seems we have factions once again tearing the club to pieces. Firstly there’s the Fultons vs the Hasler lot. Then there’s the apparent split between the playing group - and don’t tell me there’s not one.
Others say it’s Tartak vs everyone else but the whole player manager thing might be a problem in many clubs.
What on earth can be done about this stuff?
If it was me I’d turf out the lot of them and start again which may or may not be why I’m not running an NRL club.
When I was teaching it was dead easy to find the leader of the damaging faction and just white ant away at them but of course that wouldn’t work out for a bunch of so called adult, so called professionals.
I’m interested if anyone can see how our club, so deeply tangled in these factions, can ever get ongoing clear air.
Anyone?

Budgie, it is a privately owned operation with one man the major controlling shareholder and Chairman ... it will be his decision alone ... whether to appease the factions, and carry on ... or to eliminate one/both with extreme prejudice ...

The Factions Fact

Every Family has Factions

Every Team has Factions

Every Organisation has Factions

Every Forum has Factions

And the Mother of all Evil is the Media

But to do that he would have to be an engaged owner....and we are back to the start again
He may well decide to do nothing.

He’s not very engaged so this is a possibility.

Des & DCE remain in their positions , we remain understaffed in the HO, and we remain uncompetitive on the field.

Interesting times ahead if this is the case.

He may well decide to do nothing.

He’s not very engaged so this is a possibility.

Des & DCE remain in their positions , we remain understaffed in the HO, and we remain uncompetitive on the field.

Interesting times ahead if this is the case.

He won't do nothing Mark ... he is currently kissing V'Landy's backside for his support for the game in the USA ... and Penn's dream of owning the New York franchise .... his positioning with the US based betting agency is no coincidence .. (IMO) ...

The last thing he wants or needs now is a basketcase Manly club embarrassing him and making him look incompetent .. he will also not want to compound that by also appearing to be ineffectual in responding to drama ...

There are factions on this forum based on our club factions 😃
Always has been

Back when we had the huge faction war between the FC, and the two part owners there was a huge division.

You either supported the Penn’s

Or

You supported the FC

So it’s pretty much happening again now

we remain understaffed in the HO, and we remain uncompetitive on the field.
In 2008 and 2011
We had the same staffing model in the HO and that did not stop us from conquering the NRL

The HO do not win games on the field but only Great players do

The sooner we rebuild with dominating players .

The sooner we start to dominate

The Melbourne cup will never be won by Donkeys

See the source image

He won't do nothing Mark ... he is currently kissing V'Landy's backside for his support for the game in the USA ... and Penn's dream of owning the New York franchise .... his positioning with the US based betting agency is no coincidence .. (IMO) ...

The last thing he wants or needs now is a basketcase Manly club embarrassing him and making him look incompetent .. he will also not want to compound that by also appearing to be ineffectual in responding to drama ...
Hope you are right

I don’t care what he does really but he needs to either get rid of Des , make Jake Captain and get a new coach and get the office running properly.

OR

Support Des / DCE , settle the troops , oh and get the office running properly.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4